My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Dude… do not go there, trust me in this one.

1 Like

See, we can totally ignore the post-TBC developments as invalid and irrelevant because the choice to put Blood Elves on the Horde was driven by marketing considerations rather than developed lore. And even if we don’t ignore them, High Elves have still existed as Alliance allies through that period.

7 Likes

*Some

It’s been well established that there are High Elves that have been in the Alliance since WC2 rather you want to believe it or not.

It was even in the WC3 manual and was expanded upon in vanilla WoW lol

The Blood Elves went off and became their own thing.

Different as in simply swapping out “Sunwell” for “Nightwell”?

The High Elves are much more unique. There is struggles about them staving off magic addiction. The Night Elves, having access to moonwells, never had that problem, and have sworn off arcane magic, while their High elf cousins still rely on it.

And I’ll bounce the question right back at you. I challenge you to describe the story of the Nightborne to me without me being able to swap pallettes and “sunwell” for “nightwell”

3 Likes

I’m not sure I can after your little pro-helfer outburst the other evening.

I’m aware, yeah. Nothing in my post disputes your info.

Actually, the high elven exiles and a very very small remnant of them did that. The main thalassian elves stayed in their nation which renamed them Blood Elves.

This endangered type of elf is obviously written to be a non playable remnant. That’s its role in the storyline, and it would be ruined and too similar to LotR if they were added to the Alliance. Do you want this game to really be a 100% rip off?

Shush my brain was mush after all the lore.

But really, I’ve gotten in trouble just by trying to have an exchange myself.

Nightborne were a sect of Highborne, night elves skilled with magic (unlike most of the “good” night elves at the time), that rebelled against Queen Azshara. Their acts secured the War of the Ancients for the side of the defenders. Their approach to the arcane and the source of their power is different, and ancient, compared to the blood elves.

There was no exile, they chose to not come back despite the fact that their people were in dire need of help.

3 Likes

Man, I’d REALLY love to hear where you got that from.

We know that they want to pull people back from private servers and the only way they could hope to was make classic happen, but buddy you are really pulling that idea out of the dark with the legal team and protecting their IP as the reason for classic.

It was a smart move for them, but let’s not run around making wild tales when we don’t know.

1 Like

No but for reals, good looking out. I forgot who Joyeuse was for a little bit when I replied.

End me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

For the record, as someone who really doesn’t like elves to begin with, I’m a little disgusted at myself for knowing so much about them, rofl.

1 Like

And they’re and the ones we’re asking for so they’re irrelevant.

Considering we have groups that are even smaller that’s not an issue.

And do you really think WoW Elves are anything like LotR Elves? lol

Except your calling them “THE” High Elves like their the only splinter group that exist.

I’m right there with you my dude.

1 Like

As in, that’s where their whole story went. The rest are splinters. They’re designed as a cool idea to the story, not too many but just enough to go “oh, nice.” Not designed as a playable race.

Never, I shall bring it up for at least 24 hours like you did with my slip :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been made to defend gnomes in this topic before because they claim High elves are more relevant to the Alliance than gnomes… it’s tough, man.

1 Like

You are on the right side of history though. Gnomes are awesome.

1 Like

There are clearly other parts of the story rather you value them or not.

The tiniest splinter groups have become playable. It doesn’t take much effort to set that up.

1 Like

But I don’t like them… well, only when I’m using cannibalize.

For reals though, is Joyeuse Casmir?

They’re the only two helfers from Barth.

Someone with too much spare time from that server should find out.