My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Maybe if you’re loud enough they’ll add playable Blood Elves to the Alliance. Without all the Void bits.

And to what was said above I’ll add. Even in that case, in vanilla they weren’t playable. I’m sure they are taking care of those kind of servers as well, but trying to say that because someone decided to steal their property and tempter with their choices, doesn’t hold much water as an argument in favor of High elves.

Which I did by saying that intellectual property being stolen and legal matters cannot be compared to “I want a race in this game”. I don’t want to repeat the exact same thing twice in the same post.

We don’t want Blood Elves. We want the (Already Alliance) High Elves.

1 Like

They both look like the same elf to me. Shrug

3 Likes

The truly desparate.

Playing on modded servers.
Playing with edited models.
Playing on private, sandbox builds

It’s kind of sad to see, really.

The point being, Blizzard feeds on fan feedback. People were clamouring for Pandaren to be playable since Warcraft 3. People have been asking for Demon Hunters. There are countless of other examples of fans who want to see the game succeed want things implemented into the game.

That doesn’t mean I’ll keep spamming them about it. I’ll simply bitterly make a passing comment about it and move on.

Midare, by your logic, these things would never happen. These people might have been rebuffed before, but the difference is they never gave up.

Do you think we’d be seeing this features in game if they shut up and packed their bags?

4 Likes

They should just voidify all the remaining High Elves in lore and be done with it.

2 Likes

Except none of those things took away from anyone else’s experience.

Playable High Elves do. They infringe on Blood Elves, do unecessary damage to the faction identity of the Horde by cloning a core race to the Alliance, and quite simply, don’t bring anything new to the table, especially after Void Elves

1 Like

Let me give you an example.

In certain copyright regions it would, for example, be a breach to take let’s say, the 2019 model Volkswagen Golf and put a giant golden hat on the top of it because it’s a product currently still produced by the copyright holder.

However the 1983 model could have a giant golden hat because it’s no longer produced by Volkswagen.

Blizzard are already planning to introduce servers for old xpacs, so it’ll end up being a case by case thing with servers.

It’s why they started offering Warcraft 1 and 2 for sale again, to protect the IP.

1 Like

Then you could have formatted the text better or simply said “See above”.

Is not a proper response.

No matter how much you try to sugarcoat your actions.

Neither would High Elves.

Someone else playing a Flesh Toned Elf that’s already different and represented in the faction would not remove Blood Elves from other people or change their themes/story/lore.

If Void Elves don’t infringe, literal Blood Elves dipped in Void, then High Elves are even less so.

1 Like

They infringe on Blood Elves, do unecessary damage to the faction identity of the Horde by cloning a core race to the Alliance, and quite simply, don’t bring anything new to the table, especially after Void Elves

That’s like saying gay marriage hurts straight marriage because they do “unnecessary damage” to the institution of marriage. In reality, with gay marriage legalised, gay people can get married, and straight people can get married. Everybody wins.

If/when high elves are playable. I can get to play my high elf, you can play your blood elf. Aside from PvP combat between us, nothing is going to restrict you from playing your blood elf. Everybody wins

1 Like

I… am not sure that people were clamoring for pandaren but… ok.

But first, you’re equating the introduction of High elves with succeess, what exactly do you base this on? Because some people will get what they want? How does that translate into success if there’s a possibility it will damage the balance between the factions?

And yes, I am speculating about them disrupting balance, but there’s also no proof that they wouldn’t affect it either. Both speculations are valid and I imagine blizz is possibly taking both possibilities into account. So the best choice in the matter it’s to maintain the status quo, as the populations are fairly balanced currently and they simply could take other meassures if they wished to change things around; racials alone where something that affected it. A race being added it’s irreversible.

How can you know those things didn’t happen because blizzard had them planned already? But also, they are the ones in charge, they get to decide which feedback can be applied and which one can’t.

Maybe, I can’t see the future really.

Besides some lore history and aesthetics, there’s nothing that High Elves would bring that Night Elves already don’t.

1 Like

Elves from Quel’thalas have consistently been part of the Alliance since Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.

5 Likes

Besides some lore history and aesthetics, there’s nothing that High Elves would bring that Night Elves already don’t.

Besides some lore history and aesthetics, there’s nothing that Nightborne would bring that Blood Elves already don’t

9 Likes

Uh oh… oh lawd he coming…

But anyway… the only High elves that could stand out as “different” from blood elves are the Highvale. And even their themes do indeed overlap with Night elves.

1 Like

Magic addicted Highborne elves rebelling against their leader who betrayed them to the Legion.

Who am I talking about?

Except between TFT and Wrath, of course.

Nightborne brought an alternative form of history (NB are more ancient while BEs are more modern) as well as a different form of power.

All of the High Elf concepts I’ve seen on that megathread/manifesto/whatever are basically replicated by Night Elves.

Want a rugged outdoorsey tattooed elf? Night Elf.
Want a regal spellcaster royal type elf? Night Elf.

Seriously, besides skin color and a different location, what is different about high elves that night elves already don’t have?

Under the command of Prince Arthas, the undead ravaged the city and went on to corrupt the sacred waters of the Sunwell. Despite this horrific event, the high elves—now known as the blood elves—have labored to rebuild their ruined capital.

There’s high elves that exist, yes, but THE high elves became us.

2 Likes