My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Man, this thread gets a lot more civil without helfers. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

To be honest, for me it’s not a matter of them succeeding, I’m more concerned with things like how the balance of the playerbase population could be affected and to see the faction lines blurred if they were to get what they wanted.
If I had to be spiteful to every single person that has labeled me in a negative way, I’d be even more miserable than I already am, heh.

That’s understandable as well, and I’ve seen that being the case with other people that initially were pro or more neutral leaning that had been pushed away by the zealotry.

The only time I managed to play an Alliance character, not only those in my friend list, both horde and ally players, spammed me asking me if I had a fever or if hell had frozen over, but also I kept asking my guildie “Can we get back to Horde now?” :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t want to say that you’re right… but am I gonna?

2 Likes

Definitely one of the legitimate points for arguing against High Elves.

I do take it slightly personally because I genuinely love Void Elves. From the first day I stepped foot on Mac’Aree I had hoped they would give us a Void-related option. Never expected it in the form of an elf but hell I’ll take it. xD

So it does upset me a little when folks disparage them.

Lmao I understand. It does take a little work to kind of “motivate” me to play Alliance and unlock their stuff. If it does help though there’s a number of things you can get from that side that your Horde characters can use. So it’s not a complete waste of time to do so and your mains will benefit from your efforts.

The super secret trick to it is to make the leap and main that character for a while. It’s a lot easier to farm wqs when you want azerite to get them ilvls for your m+ team.

Plus you get so much rep from the war campaign now you only really need to get to like revered from friendly then do the campaign for 7th Legion.

1 Like

It also helped to turn this character into a real moneymaker as well. Mining/herbalism. I’m grinding Alliance stuff while using this character to fund token purchases. It’s not too bad. xD

1 Like

I think we should keep conversation about High Elves to the megathread.

Oh wait! It’s getting mass flagged and the GMs aren’t doing diddly squat about it! Nevermind! Carry on

3 Likes

I’m not even sure that’s it. All the helf related threads have been getting locked for like a week. I think Blizzard’s just over it, tbh.

I can absolutely relate to this. I do tend to take it personally when they try to use Forsaken for the argument that “Horde already has humans anyway!”… it makes my blood boil.
But in the case of Void Elves, that’s possibly, no, that would be the only other race in Alliance I could bring myself to play. Sure, it has its issues (like them being blood elves or how quickly the poped into existance), but It has so much potential and they look so cool. Granted, the exploitation of their story potential depends on blizz so…

But… not being able to use living bomb on gnomes in sight…

Are you saying Forsaken aren’t human? They’re just a little flayed, they’re still good, they’re still good.

1 Like

People in Blizzard don’t have to agree with me. But I will keep making myself heard about high elves. But if I’m going to be silenced and not have my opinion heard, I shall take my business Elsweyr

3 Likes

We’re the next step in evolution, baby.

Please, asking for High elves is not something that needs to be “silenced” as if the request was some sort of demand for rights.
But blizz addressed this several times, just because you don’t like the answer, doesn’t mean blizz has to keep listening to you.

3 Likes

I disagree with everything you stand for. But for just a moment I thought you deserved high elves for that.

And just because I’ve been given an unsatisfactory answer doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. Your move

2 Likes

And I’ve disagreed with blizzard several times myself.

That doesn’t mean I’ll keep spamming them about it. I’ll simply bitterly make a passing comment about it and move on.

What about the people who wanted Classic? Do you think they were whiny crybabies for refusing to give up on their dream after Blizzard told them “they think they want it but they don’t”?

4 Likes

That’s it love, just bury your bitterness down into yourself where it can slowly morph into mental illness.

Like an adult.

If it helps I’ve seen a bit of Void Elf exposure during my time questing in BfA as Alliance. Magister Umbric pops up a bit here and there.

Never seen the argument that Forsaken = Humans, they’re basically different enough to be their own race, but that’d be pretty dumb of them to make.

It’s basically the same mentality lol

They definitely were.

The only difference is Blizzard’s legal team sort of made them do it so they could protect their ip in certain regions.

You can make yourself heard all you want. Just expect there to be opposition, that’s all.