My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

These are my personal opinions, not a “mega thread”. I commend those that put in the time to layout their arguments but frankly we’ve seen races for the Alliance created out of nothing for no reason. So yes, personal likes that the fact that their mascot color is blue is a good enough reason for a thread that does not have any intention of being a megathread.

1 Like

Must be nice having inside information, are you working for blizz on the forums?
:crazy_face:
I love how you know the intentions of the people who flagged posts. lol

9 Likes

most of the things is just people talking each each other as a chat, or fighting with other people who don’t want, there is nothing more to discuss at this point since there is no new info besides the no in the last Q&A

10 Likes

Why not all 3? Horde seem to want ogres and sanlayn so theres 2 right there. Just need 1 more old school race idea for horde and a lot of people will be tickled.

3 Likes

Blood Elves were added in the Burning Crusade. The Elves that still identify as Quel’dorei are not playable. (Yet)

6 Likes

I mean… the entire point of the megathread was to contain arguments for the inclusion of high elves.

Is it down right now?

Forest Trolls? I don’t know what the Horde wants. I don’t know what I’d want on the Horde. About the only races I’m interested in would be Wildhammers, High Elves, maybe some kind of Dragon Race, Vykrul…

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the mega thread in a while and you can thank spam reporters for that.

1 Like

^^^

That’s a wrap.

/thread

11 Likes

The thread broke no rules, so there’s no other valid explanation for why it was flagged.

15 Likes

New ideas and art were popping up in the mega thread, but honestly we dont even need that to have a space to discuss it.

2 Likes

See my response above.

1 Like

Crap. Yeah, it’s locked.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/alliance-high-elf-allied-race-megathread/146463/17765

Look, I really don’t want these guys in the game but at this point, the flagging system seems to be used as a tool to silence dissent. That’s not what it’s there for. The existence of a megathread should not be taken as confirmation that a race will be added to the game, nor should it be seen as threatening for those that would prefer the blood elf aesthetic to remain untouched, especially since there was a thread specifically advocating for this as well that also appears to be locked.

(note this comment isn’t really directed to you specifically, but this situation with mass flagging and locking is incredibly frustrating and is obviously not being used appropriately)

9 Likes

new fanfic and headcanon changes for then you mean, one in a million, like i said, most posts are a chat and fight, everything that need to be discussed was discussed already

7 Likes

Eh I dunno either. The 2 I mentioned are the only ones that seem like they got much traction from what I have seen other than vulpera (but vulpera are a new race so I wont count them as part of the 3).

Theres no rule that I know of that bans sharing fan art as long as it is related to WoW and isnt inappropriate.

Theres also no rule that forbids discussing a WoW related topic. As for arguments… Thats allowed as well as long as its civil and on topic.

1 Like

Can’t have that, now can we? :roll_eyes:

Anyway, good luck OP. Some narc is deleting every tangentially related thread as we speak. Hey you. If you have time to do that, fix the megathread!

5 Likes

/thread

10 Likes

This.

The Megathread was created to stop forum spam and promote centralized discussion.

With or without it, High Elves are still the most requested Allied Race, still the one with the most lore/establishment in the Alliance, and are still receiving ridiculous amounts of support from the comunity.

A few people opposing over arbitrary visual similarities isn’t going to stop that, and breaking the megathread is basically shooting themselves in the foot at this point.

19 Likes

I was joking.

You know how individual posters get suspended from the forums?

I was saying the threads themselves had done something worthy of getting suspended.

Looking at the megathread, it says it will automatically unlock in a day, but the last post was made 7 days ago.

Can mass flagging cause locks for more than 24 hours? Did a mod permalock the thread after the flagging lock, or is there some kind of unintentional breakage here?