My argument for a fresh server

When you say “merge”, like “Butterfly” (my example) is a “new” server, that gets added onto the perma list of servers to choose from. It remains like Bloodsail Buccaneers (minus the server type, as the server type, doesn’t matter, right now) with no other servers CR’d (whether this is CRZ and/or CR, doesn’t matter, no other servers, outside of BGs are present besides “Butterfly” players) to it.

A year rolls by, now it gets “merged” into the “mega” clusters (doesn’t matter which one, as it’s irrelevant) as in CR’d (again, whether this is CRZ and/or CR, doesn’t matter) with other servers. And, “Butterfly” players will have a “-Butterfly” tag next to their name, correct?

If so, I’ve been advocating against this nonsense, for YEARS.

If not, and the “Butterfly” players have to choose one of the servers in the cluster (which means nobody from “Butterfly” will have a “-Butterfly” tag, next to their name but one of the ALREADY existing servers within the cluster), I’m fine with that.

That’s what I would expect to happen. It’s what they did when the season ended. I’m guessing it’s cheaper than spinning up new servers and merging them to the existing cluster. Then you would just re-use these servers for the next fresh.

1 Like

I hope so, too but Blizz is gonna Blizz.

They CR’d (whether that’s CRZ and/or CR, IDC!) Perma Vanilla Classic but not Wrath Classic. They did the sensible thing with Wrath Classic in ACTUALLY retiring some (not all) servers.

It’s all about the :dollar:.
I can’t imagine they’d want to afford 100 instances of “Butterfly” servers running a handful of characters each per cluster. It just makes no sense.

2 Likes

Or, more “Butterfly” like servers, when they make, IDK “Bags”, “Case” or “Box” and having to “upkeep” those tags, on top of everything else.

I agree.

Yes, I’m asking for exactly what it sounds like you have been for a while :slight_smile:

I gave you two options, and you just said “yes”.

Aren’t all BGs connected?

1 Like

And what a glorious mess they made out of this consolidation. Characters missing, charaters losing levels … I hope this was one time only.

1 Like

Yes, as soon as they were implemented in Classic.

EDIT: Sorry, lemme specify 'cause a couple, as in 2, are going to “correct” me, here.

Yes, there other players with server name tags, in BGs, as soon as BGs were implemented, in Classic.

1 Like

I’d be extremely interested in SOM2, even if I have to play on a PvP server. But as far as I’m aware Blizzard has only confirmed Official HC servers

123 kinda crazy

kinda crazy 123

I’ve seen more horde joining the Mankrik pve server so you can check it out if you haven’t already done so. I hate pvp servers and when I checked out Mankrik on Horde side back in December there was only one guild doing weekly raid clears but over the months as classic population has boomed I think they had 3-4 more guilds up and coming (saw some of them doing AQ20 for example). I’m curious how far the horde population has come since then on the server, I have seen more horde players leveling when I made a new Alliance alt for example in Hillsbrad, A. highlands, STV, etc.

I do think if they make fresh servers so people can have a progression schedule who enjoy that and economy reset, hopefully there are two PVE servers at the minimum (at least not one, more is okay if they want to cover U.S. West, U.S. East, etc.) if Alliance and Horde want to cluster on just one of them and then link battlegrounds across all server types like they do now for those that still want to pvp in bgs or the bg rewards like the nice off-hand for healing and hit ring.

They’ve confirmed another season but it will be a while, like next year.

So people can decide what’s best for them based on that. That’s what I’ve done.

I doubt we’ll get fresh beyond hardcore and it will probably just be that unknown seasons fresh… and one that may (and I hope not here) not even be Vanilla…

It’s probably better for you to work with what there is on Mankrik even with a lower pop. Or play alliance? I love PVP servers and am sad to see that most of the Wrath ones basically aren’t now, but for those who don’t have fun with wpvp I wouldn’t recommend them. Hopefully, you can figure out something. If you’d rather put up with the ganking for a higher pop that’s your choice too. PVE servers are almost always alliance-leaning even with fresh.

I really mostly replied to tell you there’s going to be another season at some point a long time away.

1 Like

There’s decently populated PvE servers especially since servers are linked now.

If you do want to play on a PvP server I’m not sure how a fresh experience is going to stop you from being ganked in Stonetalon.

They have. They didn’t like how many items were in the AH, for Horde side compared to Alliance. 'Cause that’s their indication on how “big” Horde population is :roll_eyes:

you are not helpful…you completely ignored what he was saying about population and why he is forced to play on a pvp server if he wants the full pop experience and not risk a dead server…

Agree.

People just need to be patient. IK that’s difficult to do, for some (not all).

1 Like

This seems to be the way PVE servers have been since Vanilla. With a couple of historical exceptions the Horde is the smaller population on PVE servers.

In other words a high pop Horde favored PVE server is unlikely to happen.

For reasons raiding in Classic is also slightly easier for Alliance so a server where most of the players are PVE focused favors that. Besides all the people picking their race on looks…