My account was hacked

Hi while playing i recieved a message with a link stating i needed go to a battlenet website and its a clone website i didnt catch it until i had enterted password and id. My characters name is KERPALLY on US alliance CRUSADER STRIKE. along with a few others. my character is logged in trading with a character named removed

You’re going to want to change your password as quickly as possible (assuming you haven’t been locked out).

Not only here, but anywhere else that you might have used the same password.

2 Likes

If you think your Battle.net account has been hacked, follow the steps below to regain access to your account and prevent future compromises.

1. Secure your computer to avoid being hacked again after you’ve regained access.
  2. Once you’ve secured your computer, submit a ticket to recover your account.
  3. While Customer Support reviews your case and restores access to your account, review the following common methods hackers use to steal your account.

After reviewing your case, Customer Support will ask you to add a Battle.net Authenticator. The Battle.net Authenticator is the best security feature to keep your Battle.net account safe from hackers.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I am already locked out… my email was changed i have SS of it all

Then you’ll need to go through the ticket process that Kyzera linked in their 1st post.

5 Likes

also the character whom my character traded with is named THERDREYNN is online right now at mailbox. lv1 warrior

Follow the advise already given to secure your computer and recover your account. I would suggest making a new email address only to be used for BattleNet.

Just be aware, that hackers often do things that are against the terms of use and Blizzard will probably ban the account. If a compromise is confirmed, Blizzard will restore it.

If you cannot access your BattleNet and/or email to submit a ticket, make a new Battlenet account just to submit a ticket and correspond with Blizzard. Make sure you reference the compromised account name in all tickets.

7 Likes

It means alot to see the help comin in guys. thanks alot i did the ticket attached SS of my email account where it says my email was changed. so i guess just a waiting game now. THANKS AGAIN i mean that!!! <3

2 Likes

It may take a few days so patience is a key.

I still suggest making a new email account to be used ONLY with your Blizzard account.

BTW - Blizzard will never message you in game about an account issue and will never ask for your login information. An actual message from Blizzard in game will always be prefaced with a blue “Blizz” tag. And, if you try to right click and report a message, if it’s from Blizzard it cannot be reported.

5 Likes

I learned a lesson today that i will never forget. this is absolutely terrible.

1 Like

If you get a similar message again, right-click the name. If you can report it - do it! It’s a scam. You can’t right-click report legitimate Blizzard accounts.

4 Likes

Remember blizzard will not message you like you described! Plus a gm chat has there own window, their text is blue and have the blizzard logo and will not have gm as part of their name plus you can not report them by right clicking.

Plus if they say go here or you will be banned that never happens.

2 Likes

Nevermind - found it.

Looks like you reused your old email on a new account. When that happens, you need to supply a different email for the compromised account because we cannot reuse an email that is currently in use.

Check the email you used to submit the ticket.

2 Likes

Alright im doing that now thanks so much!! im sick to my stomach over this :frowning:

1 Like

I think you misunderstood.

We needed an email that was UNUSED. You made a Battlenet under the new one.

If a Battlenet exists - it cannot be used to recover an account.

5 Likes

Fixed it sorry

1 Like

Looks like this should now be resolved.

5 Likes

So all my bags and money is gone from all my characters. the items i had stored in my mail for phase 3 are also gone. and kerpally cant item restore until the 31st can you reset that? i need my gear back or i cant even play.

1 Like

You should put in another ticket under the compromised account category that lists, as much as possible, what is missing. Blizzard will try to repair and replace as much as possible. It may take a few days so be patient.

2 Likes