MW DPS to low

Its kind of funny since nerfing them hard, by 75%, still makes them do more dps than a mistweaver currently.

1 Like

I know but I think they should out DPS us to just I’d like to righted that a little more. Us +25 them -25.

Okay. That is much more fair. I thought you were coming from a pov of we should do equal damage to holy paladin not less :smiley:
my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We don’t need a buff to DPS, i’d rather healers (all classes) focus on healing and have bad dps. It’s Hpal that needs a nerf to its dps.

We do DPS in our rotation so we do need more DPS cause that IS how it is. I get what your saying but that’s not the direction we are anywhere near. I do think most Mistweavers would want a damage buff to I think the majority of Mistweavers do want that play style. It’s why they rolled this class back even when they first came out.

1 Like

No, most MWs want buffs to mana or healing, we are HEALERS, dmg is such a low priority on the list of things MWs want.

1 Like

What mana issue are you all having I never really have the problems you speak of fistweaving. It’s almost like it’s kinda how it’s intended to play imo and I’d bet in a few others I’m not saying it’s not possible the other way but the people who originally rolled this class I bet want dmg. Plus you can give us a mana ability like I said earlier and still buff dmg that’s not a bad thing and makes us all happy. I like what I said about CJL earlier make it work like our talent for BOK restoring mana every 1 sec cast returns .33% mana and have it on a 10-15 sec cd for the healers that don’t really want to DPS cause I know there is down time to do this. So CJL is a 4 sec cast = 1.3% mana back on a full cast. I’m not on the game right now and forget if it cost mana to use this if it does you would obviously loose that mana req on the spell to cast. Tech a dmg buff also reduces the mana we need during a fight to because now we can provide a quicker kill saving mana. If that’s still not what your looking for then…give us all mana tea? And add what I just said to the talent tree for more of the hard cast healing monks out there. Either way more DPS I think is something we need too. If you don’t see that then you are neglecting fistweaving. That’s why I have ideas that will help us both without being stupidly overpowered

Nah. Disc heals with atonement but that doesn’t mean they should have the highest damage output.

I think mistweaver should actually be on par with hpal since they are both melee healers and mistweaver doesn’t bring much utility elsewhere

3 Likes

All I’m saying is the design goal for disc priest is to convert damage to healing. That isn’t the design goal for anything else besides ancient teachings of the monastery.
But paladin = mw right now is a very hard thing to do without making a mistweaver a dps spec

1 Like

You wouldn’t really notice the mana issues in he content you do, but in the content i and a lot of other MWs do it’s noticeable, I also fistweave correctly and while mana isn’t horrible in raid, in keys it’s still noticeable, I would rather blizz focus on our healing before they did something to our dmg(which they shouldn’t). And I’m not neglecting my spec lol, I as a healer just don’t see dmg as an issue.

Sooooo what I said wouldn’t help? Dmg wouldn’t help in keys? Dmg wouldn’t help in pvp? At the same time I guess we never did dmg before in pvp or anything to apply pressure…give me a break it’s been our play style before and we currently can’t do this our dmg is basically a joke compared to what we used to have at points. I’m not saying we need a DPS’s class equivalent DPS but to think we don’t need more DPS is just crazy to me.

They don’t do more? OK Here is a video from the MDI showing differently. HPal under cooldowns is INSANE.

https://youtu.be/ymuO2W16uoM?t=11811

Have you seen actuals in raids? ATOTM in raids made up about ~22% of my total healing while running the ATOTM legendary on Inerva… plus an additional ~5% that from a second ATOTM’s healing. Compared to the Discipline priest whose Atonement made up ~52%. Sure it doesn’t make up as close to Atonement… but it’s still over a quarter of our total healing… and that’s probably because it is physical damage being reduced by the armor of bosses by who knows how much percentage from what the skill says.

1 Like

That first fight is the only one where the hpal was that high in DPS in the first DOS and I know there DPS is high and I still think there dmg should be high. I just don’t think MW DPS should be so low. I even said doing a -25% to Pal and a plus 25% to MW we would still be behind but it would even it out a lot more. I don’t see a problem with giving the classes that are supposed to be doing DPS while healing DPS. There DPS is still situational they have to stop healing (As much) in some cases on the bigger pulls and what not to focus healing a tad more just like us. There are times were we have to stop our fistweave to hard cast to heal up individuals faster and more precise.

Yes. I have.

Atonement and Spirit Shell should make up the vast majority of a disc priests healing. If your disc priest is having ~40% of their healing from normal healing that’s not really a good thing.

I want my spec to slam healing, it already does a ton of damage, and if we ever saw a damage buff, it should be entirely in cds like chiji, fo or bdb

I never really said it shouldn’t slam healing but to think our DPS is great still I don’t see that we stand in melee and have to deal with more mechanics and Idno how everyone can say it feels rewarding to have our damage I don’t see a problem at all with a Damage increase of 25% spread out overall. I feel like a lot of you don’t think I think we are healers first that is not my case. I just think it is utility that we can bring also we are basically set up for it we have it in our rotation why would this not be something we would want. Disc priest have it holy pally has it and I feel like we also have it it’s just a little behind where I think the skill level to do it should be.

Edit: wether it were to happen or not I like the fistweaving play style so I’m not really debating on if I like this class either The way it currently is I just think we could use a tune in some places and obviously heals can use it to somewhere like it’s been already said in the forums millions of times I’m just adding to it saying I think this is also a decent enough tune that could also be looked at.

1 Like

OH MY GOODNESS

How does this compare to Fallen Order btw?

Wouldn’t know I’m necro and love it.