Muted InGame for over 24 hrs, Due to Selling Enchants

Just ignore the person. You never have to see the spam.

1 Like

If folks are chatting in the trade channel, rather than actually using it for trade, THAT chat gets reported.

RCR does that too, with the added benefit that the offending parties may actually get a negative response to their actions.

3 Likes

While I understand false reports happen, and they do happen, you can appeal them. Literally, appealed one, today, actually. But we’re not supposed to talk about that. My advice, appeal. If it fails, suck it up. Had to do that, too.

I smell a troll.

No one could possibly be that conceited, self-centered, bigoted, and self-righteous about one small thing in a video game.

:clown_face: <—-look, a clown.

1 Like

you sound like a PC police officer.
you posted 2 times in 59 seconds REPORT!
i don’t like your name it offends me REPORT!
you have a potty mouth REPOOOORT!

w/e happened to the d2 days when peeps weren’t so thin skinned

1 Like

How often were you posting in trade? I ask because there are some on my realm who spam trade with the same macro constantly. I don’t mean once every 5-10 minutes or so, but like every 10-20 seconds. It is really, really annoying and that is spamming at that point.

Now I haven’t reported anyone, but those people sure do go on my ignore list and I’m sure on many others list. That right there will cause a person to not sell their items when people are ignoring them because they feel the need to spam their macro every few seconds,

A general rule of thumb for me is not to post anything no more than once every 10-15 minutes. Every 5 minutes at the most since chat can go by fast. But every 10-20 seconds or way too often will have many reporting you for spam I would imagine.

1 Like

I’m assuming you are referring to me?

I’ll just add these to being called garbage, etc.

notice one thing… I do not care.

Believe it or not, you are all nobody’s to me. Makes it even easier to report in game then.

1 Like

And you’re my trash, too <3

(please tell me you’ve seen Toy Story 4)

I’m not sure how someone can act like garbage, as it’s generally inert waste. But yes, you’ve actually expressed all those other behaviors.

So you’re either a troll, or need attention IRL. Either way, I don’t hate you. I pity you.

Why is everybody a “Troll”, when they don’t behave in the “appropriate” group think?

2 Likes

lol

This is no different than it was 15 years ago.

1 Like

Not sure what you are referring to.

An over-the-top set of responses designed to distract and derail a thread is the usual run-of-the-mill troll activity.

You don’t need to report anyone.

You can just ignore them.

You can literally choose to acknowledge behaviors and things that you know will burden your soul, or you can ignore them.

You just choose not to. You choose to take it as personal insult and an attack on your game experience. Whether it is a name, word, excessively running chat log, whatever.

You don’t have to be this way, but you are.

You have adopted and become an entitled gamer.

This thread needs to be closed.

Its a clown fiesta.

:popcorn:

1 Like

has nothing to do with the thickness of my skin, believe me, i’m not so thin skinned, i’m still responding to this stupid thread after all.

Nor am I a PC officer.

I don’t like looking at my chat screen being a scrolling wall of text that ends up being a repeat every 30 seconds.

I time stamp my chat, have ever since vanilla when I reported someone for scamming me out of 100 gold (got my gold back and the item) and was told not long prior to that to always time stamp your chat, so if you ever need to send in a screen shot, its there.

I also check before I report to make sure it is indeed the same items being spammed by the same person, and I do check the time stamp when I do that.

That’s why I use the cutoff at 60 seconds, not 90, I don’t want to do the math on 90 seconds.

SO when I do report for spam, and contrary to how some are making it out to sound, its not as often as you might think, because I found a nice smaller sized server, the reports I do make really ARE spam. If I ever have any doubt, I don’t report, regardless of what it is.

I’ll even let you cuss more than once before I report, everyone slips now and then, but if it is how you speak generally, then that is going to show real fast, and yes, I’ll report your potty mouth.

Sometimes, but not usually, I’ll even pass along a warning that what they are doing is reportable. if they don’t stop, they earned it without a doubt.

1 Like

Doesn’t make the person who actually stayed on topic, the “Troll”. Aren’t you contributing to the derailment of the Thread, also? By not staying on topic?

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised that squelch is in classic, it never was before. Now, I want to say this in the nicest way possible in case you aren’t just being an empty contrarian troll here,

you are 100% full of crap.

There is no group finder, there are no subchannels, /2 is what we have. It is literally and punishingly the only thing we have to connect with people, find people, and be found. And back in the day, that is exactly what it’s used for. It is the purpose.

If it genuinely bothers you, quite frankly, it’s on you to leave the channel instead of screwing with people and making the world a worse place.

Proceeds to write a monologue about how “not thin skinned” they are.

Someone may be a bit upset.

you are right, I don’t NEED to report anyone.

I however, choose not to bury my head in the sand and pretend it isn’t something that exists (aka ignore)

I will turn in shoplifters and drunk drivers in real life too.

Allowing bad behavior to continue because it’s easier to ignore it happening, is why the world is in the shape its in now.

I won’t be a part of that group who just lets it all go to hell without caring or trying to stop it.

2 Likes

well in general people get labeled trolls when their projected view is clearly unrealistic, and within the environment they are in they are being intentionally agitating due to their projected view.

like how recently a lady at a political gathering was talking about how we need to eat babies to stop pollution and to save the world. super unrealistic and did nothing but cause disruption, but it was funny as hell.