Murlocs as a playable race

Yeah, but that’s not crying. That’s customer dissatisfaction.

As for mechagnomes, feel free to play one. The reason the Alliance doesn’t like them is because we have people who advertise for “adult baby” RP in Lion’s Pride Inn on their TRPs, and now they have a race that, when naked, looks like an adult baby amputee fetishist, ergo, the worst rule 34 can offer.

Never said it was crying. And I have no interest in playing a mechagnome or being an alliance; I’ve been horde by preference since Warcraft 2. But when I did roll a Human Paladin to 120, there was definitely a difference in how much attention was put into their areas and questlines as compared to the horde. It was much more fleshed out.

Mechagnomes aren’t bad though. I used the Clockwork Gnome a lot back in the day, and the tram boss in Ulduar is one of my favorites. They also have a lot of character and uniqueness in Mechagon, and they look cool. They could have given a much worse race, I’m sure.

It’s not the what, it’s the how. Diaper gnomes is not just a random slur. The amount of cringe they generate makes linking goatse in AoL look harmless.

On the flip side, some people make fun of Vulpera for being short, “cute” or not savage, in comparison to other horde races. It’s best to just enjoy whatever you like without caring what others think. If I was Alliance, I could definitely see rolling a Mechagnome and/or Void Elf.

Another plus is there are already non-racial mounts which fit the Mechagnomes perfectly. It looks cooler when they ride them.

Alliance would get Murlocs if anyone did

1 Like

Murlocs and Naga and High Elves are probably in Blizzard’s “In Case of Massive Sub Loss Break Here” box that they smash with the return of artifact weapons to draw people back in.

1 Like

I’d instantly race change every single toon I play, no hesitation. But unfortunately it’ll never happen.

Thankfully, however, I can keep saving timewalking tokens all year and buy a ton of murloc celebration wands during the anniversary events. And the best part? Works for all my druid forms. I am no longer a tree, bear, cat, or chicken. I am a murloc.

Fellow murloc fan here, been wanting them since BC.
There’s little that’d make me as happy in this game as suddenly being able to roll a murloc.

PS: No, Jinyu do in no way capture any of the attractive aspects of the murloc to me, they are not even a compromise.

NO! NOT as Horde BUT as a third faction!

Both factions, all races have been committing genocide on the Murlocs since the beginning, it’s time for them to get some vengeance!

1 Like

you would need other races to join them so they will not be a solo race for a new faction.

1 Like

I definitely want this. Those who say it’s a meme race, remember when you said that about Pandarens lol.

I would play a murloc. It would be awesome. Especially if they kept their mmmrggglele language and no one could understand them.

1 Like

Mmm… playable fish sticks.

2 Likes

this would be nice to have for alliance

would the murlocs be smaller or larger?

would you want Mermaids or Murlocs?

1 Like

now why would they add murlocs for horde and not alliance lol. this is the dumbest thread of the day by far. if you really want murlocs it would alliance silly maybe y’all quit rushing off to hordeside just cause everyone’s been doing it for yrs i gotta follow.

1 Like

This thread is from April of 2020.

I’ll be so mad if this ever EVER happens.

Obviously murlocs because at least they can dance.64x64

I always end up with the reverse-mermaids anyways…

1 Like