Multiboxing should be bannable

No this I know. You own the physical game, not the data on it.
However, since you can play all physical games offline, there is no stopping you from playing them whenever you see fit, therefore, you are technically the owner.

yep, who says it’s cheating… and Blizzard has always had a positive outlook on multiboxing. mulltiple blue posts through the decade+ saying it’s allowed.

Personally I find nothing wrong with multiboxing. Also I for one love the benefits of multiboxing on the economy… I am an alchemist, but not a herbalist, so I prefer to pay only 40g each for Zin’athid to make health pots and flasks, not 100-200g+ each like they use to be.

Before the AH use to be flooded with em, I use to only be able to buy a handful of zin’athid, and not have enough to make flasks and pots to last an entire raid… now i can buy 200-400 each week and be well stocked with flasks, pots, and pre-pots.

So if anything, multiboxers help balance out the economy, especially against those looking to exploit demand to get rich quick.

It doesn’t hurt the economy as the OP stated. Only thing it hurts is the fact that the OP cant exploit the economy to get rich quick by price gouging herbs for exorbitant prices.

3 Likes

Was I incorrect in my assumption? What did you mean by “injection” if not modifying the client’s memory or files?

How can you say I have no point if you were indeed referencing memory injection?

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. We do not actively support multiboxing tools. For questions about setting up or running multiboxing, you will need to refer to third-party sites such as WoW Wiki

and if you scroll to the bottom of this page youll find links to specific MB software

wowwiki.fandom .com/wiki/Multiboxing

2 Likes

What I see are other people twisting the EULA to fit the statements made by other Blizzard employees. I am trying to read and interpret the EULA as it was written, as objectively as possible.

Also don’t misinterpret " We do not actively support multiboxing tools." as meaning they aren’t allowed, but rather simply, they are saying we don’t give support for any issues/problems you have with the software, because you know some people are dumb enough to submit a ticket to blizzard over some issues they have with using 3rd party software.

Morons do for addons (there are numerous posts over the years on the support forum here of people asking questions about an addon who are clueless and don’t realize that blizzard didn’t make it, and I bet it frustrated Blizzard’s GMs back when they use to actually read tickets and take support phone calls to have a moron contact them about 3rd party addons or software that Blizzard didn’t make.

2 Likes

If that were true, then you would be using Blizzard’s own interpretations in support of the EULA.

2 Likes

How many WoW clients can be running at the same time on one computer? I’m beginning to consider it, honestly.

However many your system can handle without crashing.

And therein lies your mistake.

Here’s a crazy suggestion: Go open a ticket and ask if multiboxing is allowed in WoW; then ask THEM all the questions about why. Then post the answers. Get your answer straight from the source, instead of arguing with other player’s “statements”.

2 Likes

The general rule of thumb is one character/instance of WoW per core (for optimal performance).

1 Like

well that depends on whether your using an up to date high tech gaming rig or a spudotronic 3000

1 Like

Perhaps you should retain a real lawyer to pursue this.

It’s not an advantage- because you can do EXACTLY the same.

That is not at all what happened. The bot maker did not use any Blizzard IP at all. It simply sent keystrokes to the game client.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(bot)

Glider , also known as WoWGlider or MMOGlider , was a [bot] created by MDY Industries, which interoperated with World of Warcraft.
In July 2008, the court entered summary judgment holding MDY Industries liable for [tortious interference] and [copyright infringement]

[Public Knowledge], a public interest group which filed an [amicus] brief in the case, criticized the decision, saying it makes the loading into memory of legally obtained software an act of copyright infringement subject to high statutory penalties

Blizzard set court precedent that allows any software maker to use criminal copyright law to enforce their EULA.

I know what I should be ignoring, but the schadenfreude is too strong.

1 Like

From the article you linked:

As of 2008, it had sold approximately 100,000 copies

they sold a service by proxy of Blizzard’s IP. You want to tell me that the botters were not in the wrong and they shouldn’t have gotten sued? LOL

A Blizzard customer support representative refused to expressly approve of this software:

He goes on to say that multiboxing is not prohibited, despite the fact that the software directly falls under the Cheating clause of the EULA as it is worded.

Blockquote The general rule of thumb is one character/instance of WoW per core (for optimal performance).

I core per client and 2 cores for O/S at minimum.

2 Likes

They only directly address “code” and “software” in their definition of cheating. Not hardware.