Multiboxing - NEW TOS

Spaghetti is no good without the sauce. Where’s the sauce? :kissing_heart:

There are a lot of sources if you look just have fun separating the multiboxers from the botting multiboxers. Pretty sure only blizzard has access to the info to do that.

You are why Demon Hunters have been nerfed. Bad boy :wink:

I prefer pasta with just cheese but sauce is good enough.

Imagine putting feefees over facts. All I’m asking for is for you to back your disingenuous assertion that boxers crashed the market with some sources.

Facts over feefees. :kissing_heart:

good, multiboxers are bad for the game. Just like botting.

2 Likes

I can tell that you don’t come come from a Computer Science background and clearly have zero idea what you’re talking about. Firstly, the Merriam Webster definition of firmware does not use the word software in it’s definition. [Source] You Googled the Oxford definition of firmware, which does use the word software in its definition of firmware. [Source]

I want to use expletives and tell you how foolish you are, but I will instead educate you, because you are clearly not educated in this regard.

Neither Merriam Webster, nor Oxford are good sources for information on this topic. They are layman definitions at best. They are definitions used by scholars of the English language, and the simple fact that both dictionaries use different ways to define this term are examples of the English language’s inconsistency, especially concerning technical terms.

This article [LINK] is written by the Editor-In-Chief of Hackaday, a timeworn blog for computer science engineers. His article examines multiple definitions of the word, and its evolving definition as coders have evolved it’s meaning through it’s conceptual usage.

The most accurate definition we can surmise from this, “[Firmware is] code directly accessing the microcontroller registers […] and anything built on top [is] software.”

Do not respond to me unless you read the article.

2 Likes

I’m gonna need a source for you right to say “feefees”. Idk what it is about it that made me so uncomfortable. Don’t pull the DH card or you’ll hurt his “feefees” lmao

I’m still waiting for you to post some proof that boxers crashed the market. Do you not have any?

Maybe you shouldn’t make things up.:kissing_heart:

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN, for those of you who do not understand the fundamental difference that makes firmware NOT software?

As layman as it gets: Firmware is code that makes the MACHINE work. Software lies on top and does things in and around the OS.

One is a Rube-Goldberg machine, the other is an iPhone menu.

1 Like

Didn’t read all the replies but had to say:

DON’T FORGET TO RAF YOURSELF!

1 Like

Um excuse me but the use such third party software
has always been against Blizzard’s policy.

I read the article and It doesn’t backup your point really. It just points out that not everything that people think of as firmware is firmware sometimes its software mimicking firmware. It even refers to firmware as a type of software.

Yes, these can be flashed through a special process, but they are the lowest level software running on the device and still obviously firmware.

Seems to reinforce what I was saying in that not all software is firmware but all firmware is a specific type of software.

1 Like

What you said here is in there

This wasn’t

It was literally in the next paragraph. The part you are referencing is him giving an example of what he wrote that was software, not firmware. The next paragraph reads:

“look at the coding process in two distinct parts: writing the firmware that interacts at the hardware level (a hardware abstraction layer) and the rest of the software that uses that groundwork”

1 Like

Not sure why he would say the rest of the software instead of then the software if firmware wasn’t also software.

1 Like

I get it yeah there are forms of firmware that are hardware basically. Right? Just most devices now don’t use that.

Because you don’t fundamentally understand what is being talked about. He is talking about flashing microcontrollers, which Voja Antonic pointed out isn’t technically firmware.

“He asserted that the code directly accessing the microcontroller registers was firmware and anything built on top was software.”

So a bootloader would be firmware, but flashing code to a microcontroller isn’t necessarily firmware.

I see, so you support dictatorship instead of freedom, and what’s next? a time limit on how many hours or days you can play?

1 Like

But where does that say firmware isn’t a type of software?