Multiboxing - NEW TOS

brb match started

It is fun for me, so a good thing :innocent:

1 Like

But is it morally good?

The anecdotal fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when someone argues on the basis of anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal - not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research. Not gonna go through copy and pasting definitions for this one but fallacy fallacy is when you try to claim an entire argument is invalid because one point in it isnā€™t true or a fallacy.

Morally good? This is a game and Iā€™m an evil Gnome, a Warlock. Plus I doubt my multi-boxing has been anything but good for those I meet since I often stop to help others, probably because my other main is a NE Priest.

1 Like

This is false implication which is another type of fallacy. With you what said and the context you were implying that because you donā€™t react doesnā€™t mean you are a bot thus because that guy did doesnā€™t mean he wasnā€™t.

This is silly. They have specifically banned input replication software. They have not banned hardware. They could decide to, but it hasnā€™t happened yet, so itā€™s not banned.

2 Likes

OP, you can blame the people that had 20+ boomkins sitting at quest areas creating hyper-spawns. They took multi-boxing above and beyond what Blizzard expected and they ruined it for everyone.

So instead of posting about all the money you spent/spend on multi-boxing, go find those guys and yell at them. It is their fault.

Thinking about it a bit more made me realize itā€™s a bad idea to change the game to combat multiboxers, as that would do more harm than good. A much better solution is for Blizzard to have a defensive posture and handle them similarly to bots.

Keep an eye on all the warned accounts for a time and if they are found guilty of working around the TOS and Blizzard detection software to continue multiboxing with automation ā€“ perma ban all the accounts in one wave. This will be much more effective against multiboxers as opposed to bots due to the much higher cost of entry.

If Blizz says it isnā€™t cheating it isnā€™t

What you quoted isnā€™t me saying your argument is invalid, itā€™s me saying Iā€™m not botting. Itā€™s also not me saying that no one is botting, itā€™s just me saying that Iā€™m not :slight_smile:

See above :slight_smile:

I lost my match :sob: Got 3 gold medals though #hype

1 Like

It was blizzard that designed those hyperspawns, not players. There should never have been hyperspawns with exceedingly low drop rates for rare mounts in quest areas.

Devs like it when players have to compete with each other and donā€™t care if it causes a problem for low levels. If they cared about those players they wouldnā€™t keep putting hyperspawns with rare drops in the game.

1 Like

Come now letā€™s be honest. Sure thereā€™s are some multiboxers who just alt tabbed. But most multiboxers use programs like ISBoxer which is against TOS.

Thats why itā€™s a fallacy. Nobody even mentioned you botting but you mentioned it anyways. Itā€™s false implication. The reason I bring them up at all is because the fact that you are using fallacies so heavily means your ideas are built on falsehoods or you are just trolling.

I didnā€™t claim I was being implicated, only that I donā€™t bot lol.

Iā€™m just talking, you can read into it however you choose though

I do find it interesting though that you switched from the topic of multiboxing to one of fallacies. You wonā€™t gain much ground there I can assure you but I think youā€™re going to persist regardless.

1 Like

A hammer that has been aimed and coming from afar off. Well some of us did not expect it.

What evidence do you have that they are still using isboxer? How many of them? Link to your source.

I would think Isboxer is in the process of losing a lot of customers.

1 Like

So now use hardware that isnā€™t :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The multi-botters got greedy and Blizz clamped down. People should have seen it coming, because what they were doing was more botting than boxing. Now guys like op have to play the price.

1 Like

The fallacy of false implication occurs when a statement, which may be clear and even true, implies that something else is true or false when it isnā€™t. For example, if I write in my 30-day evaluation log of an employee that on May 15th she was on time for work, someone reading the log might infer that this was unusual and that usually the employee did not arrive on time.

How you choose to infer what I say here on the forums is none of my business

1 Like