Multiboxing is one of THE most positive aspects of WoW and here is why:

Multiboxing is one of THE most positive aspects of WoW and here is why:

• Adds additional layer of complexity and sophistication to the game
  • Adds additional creative components to the game
  • Allows for “player made” deltas in game content (ie, running into a multiboxer on a PVP realm adds more spice to the game)
  • Allows for WPVP combat escalation - People often bring entire guilds or large groups of friends to combat multiboxers, causes large combat escalation
  • Fully adheres to the rule of 1 person controlling all characters
  • Is extremely fun when a multiboxer helps you out
  • Is extremely fun as a multiboxer to help other people out

Multiboxing is an extremely positive asset to this game.

If you’re interested in multiboxing, please consider Benediction-PVP. I will personally help you out with bags/gold to help you if need be. There are many that help out on this server.

DEATH TO THE HORDE!

9 Likes

Multiboxing is pay to win and should continue to be despised by the majority of players.

67 Likes

Do you think opinions would change since the last time you posted a pro-boxer post?
Boxers are one of the many scourges of this game (and genre). Your presence goes into the negative column. Blizzard allowing you to multibox is one of the reasons I am constantly looking for a replacement game.

18 Likes

I think you forgot one of the benefits:

• Makes great bait on the forums calling it “one of THE most positive aspects of WoW”
8 Likes

lol, its a wee to spicy.

1 Like

I’m not anti-multiboxing but even this is silly.

9 Likes

I am WAY too lazy to multi-box in WoW. I have enough trouble playing 1 character well. Play 2 or 5 characters at once? No thanks. Work, not fun.

But I can imagine some players who are bored playing 1, that like the challenge of playing 5 characters at once.

Win what? What prize do multiboxers win? Maybe 5-against-1 world pvp fights. Nothing else. Not gethering (no multipick).

5 characters played by 5 players WILL ALWAYS do better than 5 characters played by 1 player (multiboxer), assuming that they’re all good players.

This idea is pure nonsense. Paying for 5 accounts once a month is NOT important. Not compared with playing 5 characters at once, every second that you are playing the game. That is very difficult, and totally different than playing one character well.

4 Likes

Exactly! And quite a challenge it is.

People seem to forget that this is a game of Character vs Character. One character should not win vs three characters. That is why people form friendships, have a guild, partake in their faction, etc.

1 Like

we dont mind them.

1 Like

I disagree. PvP balance issues aside, it ruins the immersion of the game. Even my wife, who only played a little at launch, could recognise that. We were in Redridge killing gnolls, clearing our way to Yowler, when a multiboxer came in and robotically swept up the whole area in a few clicks, janked over to Yowler’s corpse, all knelt over to loot simultaneously, then wordlessly turned around and filed out of the area.

She was very confused and I explained to her how multiboxing worked, to which she aptly remarked “… Well, that’s lame.”

For all intents and purposes, multiboxers FEEL like bots to everyone else, which sucks the fun out of the game even for the people around you.

19 Likes

It’s one of the worst aspects of WoW. It’s only good for blizzards bottom line. IT offers no positives benefits to the game at large. Other than some people getting a competitive advantage over the rest of the server.

15 Likes

Reminds me of when a mage comes into a questing area I am in and quickly aoes all the mobs. It is a perfectly legal WoW play style. It’s just part of the game mage style. I don’t get on the forums and cry that mages should be removed etc. I don’t report the mage (as if the mage is doing something illegal) and request that it be banned from the game just because it is playing the game legally different that I am. I adjust and keep playing the game.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, and this is ultimately just my opinion. Though I’d daresay the controversy and contention surrounding multiboxing raises genuine questions about whether it’s a creative use of game mechanics (like AoE farming is considered to be), or borderline exploitative behaviour which skates by the banhammer on a few technicalities.

2 Likes

You bring up a very good and valid point and I think you’re correct.

My thoughts are that people are reporting the mage for AOEing and complaining on the forums for this reason alone: Envy

Some people are angry that there is somebody who can do something that they cannot. Rather than highlight the strengths these people have, instead, they focus on their inner weaknesses, and that manifests in the complaint of another’s strength that they do not posses. Ultimately, these feelings of envy and angry come from an inward fear of self inadequacy.

Everybody needs to remember this one simple fact: World of Warcraft is a game.

Play the game to have fun for yourself and worry less about how other people are having fun for themselves!

3 Likes

Well, that’s completely inconsistent with he feedback I just provided you, but sure. It’s a lot easier to fulfil your confirmation bias than address legitimate feedback.

4 Likes

I love the mboxers with warlocks parked all over the world selling summons for 5g!

I don’t think that is a multiboxer doing it. Instead, those are gold farmers.

I say this because the programs to automate that are sold by the same entities that sell the gold farming bots.

1 Like

All was good except it is: DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE!

2 Likes

If you are up for a challenge, try multiboxing without the software k?

3 Likes

Whenever you see a multi-boxer in game, remind yourself that this is what “lonely” looks like. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

4 Likes