Multiboxing ban and gathering professions

So after hearing about the new ban on Multiboxers and reading it for myself last night for the first time, while all snuggly and joyful in bed I was thinking of ways to really get into the spirit of this ban and change. I came to the decision that I would abandon both of my professions and re-level them from scratch via gathering professions. Now despite having 21k achievement points, I have never used a gathering profession as money was never an issue for me and the gameplay was generally off-limits to normal players(because of cheaters, heck I don’t even know what a node or herb looks like) Anyway, after blindly jumping into Final Fantasy 14s complex, albeit fair(not controlled by cheaters) crafting and gathering system and being so miserable, I have decided to be prepared this time around. What are some addons and tips for Mining/Engineering to make things easier for noobs such as my self. I plan on doing every single expansion, so please share every tip or guide you have at your disposal。 (。☌ᴗ☌。)

4 Likes

It’s not a DIRECT BAN on Multi-boxing, people need to stop seeing it that way. What Blizzard did was make it less efficient for Multi-boxers and in some respect bots to do their stuff.

As for gathering… there is routes, gathermate, gathermate 2… stuff like that work in tandem to give you imported data for nodes.

Not sure of non gathering profession addons. Just depends on what you need but wow-professions is good for leveling them. And I don’t use any addon for the crafting professions to be honest.

4 Likes

Thanks for your valued input. I just downloaded the addons you mentioned and found a Engineering leveling guide via wow-professions.

2 Likes

Good luck on your journey w/ professions. I’m interested to see how gathering finally goes after this change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do I do if I encounter a Multiboxer(The cheating kind) disrupting my gameplay? Is the in-game report system a viable option? I have never used the in-game reporting system before. I wonder, does it even do anything?

It does if it turns out they are in fact breaking terms of service.
But there is a set list in the ToS that outlines what the person is doing that constitutes ‘disrupting’ your gameplay.

1 Like

There are a lot of legitimate ways to multibox. I personally wouldn’t waste reports on them. Blizzard will scan for signs of using the banned software themselves. We have no idea if they’re legitimate or not. So all of those reports might bog down their efforts.

I think the problem with this, is the definition of legitimate. I think the normal Multiboxers are okay and great people, but I also think Blizzard is promoting to report the people that managed to work around the software key-cloning ban. But as I said, I don’t really know if it even does anything, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

They aren’t ‘promoting’ anything. They just have made the change that allows them to action those using the software they banned.

Reporting helps them BUT you’ll rarely come into contact of actionable offenses’ done by said Multi Boxer.

The problem is how do we know?

I’m not trying to sound rude here, but I think anyone with a brain should be able to notice. Alt-tabbing with macros while killing things, or gathering is a lot slower then everything being done in a synced timely fashion.

I think it depends on how much we can pay attention to their antics, where it’s at, if they’re just passing by quickly, etc.

If we have the time to watch, sure, we might be able to. But keep in mind that there’s more than alt tabbing. Someone.posted a video the other day showing a guy with something like 20 screens and none of what he was doing was alt tabbing or using the software.

For me, I’m not going to waste my time unless it’s absolutely blatant right from the start. Blizzard will get them eventually. With or without me. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

here is why i said its borderline promoted by blizzard. Why are refunds NOT being given after an abrupt change in policy? - #37 by Orlyia they specifically talk about having the need to control characters individually now, yet work arounds are so openly talked about on the forum from this community.

It always has me scratching my head when multi-boxers suggest they’re operating their “squad” individually.
lol Ok Vishnu, you’re quite clearly not.

1 Like

Individually via hardware :slight_smile:

I don’t alt-tab, I play on two PCs at once, with side-by-side trackballs and numpads, and Blizzard’s in-game macros along with keybinds for the numpad.

Since I often play two hunters at once, you’ll see my first three or so shots will almost always be perfectly synced, simply because I can press the buttons on both numpads at the same time. As the fight advances, abilities fall out of sync with certain ones depending on the GCD and others being specific to being triggered by other abilities.

So, would you have to report me after seeing me lob my 1st arrows? my first two? Would you stick around long enough to realize that my toons are no longer in sync?

There’s no ban on multiboxers :slight_smile:

1 Like

probably depends on the day. but no offense or anything, the delusional boxers on this forum have me leaning towards the report on sight side of things. however, i respect you as a individual and will not report you personally on sight. blizzard can solve out false reportings on their own.

1 Like

Admitting to false reporting will certainly result in someone being banned that’s for sure :rofl:

1 Like

Its not admitting anything if i am unaware if its a unfair boxer or not. mistakes happen :3.

2 Likes