Multiboxing and automated moderation

It literally happened this month on classic. What are you talking about?

As long as ban waves are spaced out enough to allow botters time to generate profit then the ban waves function as a source of income for Blizzard. The botters are just going to buy new accounts and gamble that the next bad wave will be far enough away that they will make a profit. And as banwaves are typically fairly far apart, the cycle continues.

Ah, you are one of those ā€œCorporations are Evil Incarnateā€ types.

1 Like

Op,in the long run you donā€™t need to worry too much. Blizzard would figure it out.

A: It wasnā€™t an auto-ban. It still required GM intervention. GMs are human and can make mistakes.

B: Your major example that you keep referring to isnā€™t even an example of multiboxers doing something nefarious. It was a group of players ganging up on someone else.

4 Likes

It happen one time in how many years and now itā€™s being talked about as if itā€™s the new policy for Blizz. One time out of probably hundreds if not thousands of tickets just that day alone. Not including the past 10+ years.

Historically, itā€™s not something that happens.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing, though. Multiboxers control multiple accounts. If that GM sees upwards of 20 reports to the same players, they will likely ban them. And guess what? There are multiboxers out there controlling upwards of 20 accounts. As stated before.

ah, you are one of those people that donā€™t have an actual, worthwhile response.

no, corporations are not evil for wanting money. I work for one. I help them make money. there is nothing wrong with blizzard wanting to remove players and bots that get in the way of that. there is also nothing wrong with them being okay with some ā€˜badā€™ apples because it also makes them money.

You do know that the GMs can also see what IP address those reports come from? Been told by a GM, that reports coming from a single ip is counted as one report

1 Like

Human error exists, as the ever so helpful MVP has stated.

In which case the problem isnā€™t with multiboxing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s happened far more than 1 time.

Yes, it happens.

That was only one of the points I made as to why multiboxing is bad for the game. While it was the main argument for this post, it has already been debunked. I still have not seen any good argument as to why multiboxing shouldnā€™t be banned, aside from the multiboxing community saying ā€œI should be able to play the game on 50 characters if I want to!ā€

The fact of the matter is, multiboxing is horrendous for the in-game community in terms of economy and griefing, and basically only remains allowed because blizzard makes more money off letting people do it.

Sound like you made up you mind about Multiboxing before you even made the thread. The what is the point on having a discussion about it? Thatā€™s why I never argue with fundies, itā€™s like trying to put lipstick on a pig, you are gonna get muddy and it annoys the pig.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had this thought process since TBC, but back then, multiboxing didnā€™t really destroy the economy the way it does now.

If that was against TOS, all multiboxers would be banned already.

Stop making a fool outta yourself, son.

1 Like

Since you decided to change your post after I already replied to it, hereā€™s a second reply. The reason to have a discussion about it is so it is either banned, or someone can actually give logical answers as to why it should remain unbanned. So far, I have not seen the latter in literally any post about multiboxers.

They arenā€™t banned because multiboxing is allowed, for some reason or another.

Because theyā€™re not breaking the rules. They shouldnā€™t have to defend themselves to every person who comes to the forum and cries about multiboxers.

There arenā€™t nearly as many multiboxers out there as you think there are. They only make up a small portion of the economy and you can avoid ā€œgriefingā€ by turning off warmode.

Only a tiny fraction of their income comes from multiboxers. They seriously could ban it tomorrow and none of the beancounters would care.

2 Likes

This is like demanding that someone give a logical answer as to why Blood Elf Hunters should remain unbanned.

1 Like