Multiboxing and automated moderation

There are multiple reasons multiboxing should be banned. Biggest reason is, at this point, people really only multibox bot to farm rare world drop mounts or just farming herbs. Both of which I am completely convinced are multiboxing bots.

Even if they aren’t bots, however, multiboxing poses a serious risk to anyone who mildly inconveniences the multiboxer. With automated moderation like Blizzard currently has, there is a certain threshold of reports that will get a player automatically banned, and blizzard will likely not look too deeply into this, because they want to trust that their system works. However, say, you come across some of these multiboxing botters that are just farming the world drop mounts, and their immediate response isn’t to retaliate, but instead to just mass report. Congratulations, you’ve just been banned for participating in world PvP against people who are legitimately breaking ToS by botting. Try to make a ticket in reference to this, and Blizzard will more than likely blow it off because, as I stated before, they want to believe that you were doing something bad that lead to multiple accounts reporting you. I understand that Blizzard can’t be everywhere at once, but I do wish they were more proactive in banning people who are legitimately hurting the state of their game, rather than defending them or giving them an upper edge on grieving other players.

Forum Moderator Note: We’re closing this topic down. While this isn’t trolling, it is spreading misinformation based on a misunderstanding about how our report system works.

7 Likes

Anyone actually have a new argument instead of the “cut and paste” ones against multiboxing. I understand some don’t like it, repeating the same thing over and over is not gonna bring anything new to the discussion.

9 Likes

I mean, being able to single handedly get someone banned who isn’t actually doing anything wrong is kind of over powered.

6 Likes

So me party syncing with my own alt on my second account doesn’t count?

That’s not how it works buddy… If you have questions about the reporting system and how it work, the CS forums will be able to answer your question.

The only thing that is automated is the squelch, there is no auto “ban”.

2 Likes

No, unless you are using a third party macroing software to control both accounts. Which is what multiboxing is, and is also against the terms of service, while somehow multiboxing is not.

2 Likes

eh?

then what should they protest? i mean, since everything has been said, are people supposed to just say nothing?

Threads like these help keep the topic at the forefront. I hate multiboxxers and I hate the lies they spread on the forums. They ruin the game. The game will be better off once they are removed. To bad it’s pretty profitable for blizzard, so I can understand why they aren’t taking any action.

2 Likes

I was floating around Nazjatar and saw 6 multiboxing druids flying around. Killed their main 1 leading the pack, then the rest.

A glorious day :smiley:

2 Likes

Sure it does, but has it made Blizzard change their stance on it since Vanilla? I’m starting wonder if Blizzard is actually ignoring posts like these as they are getting “spammy”.

2 Likes

My biggest issue is that, mechanically, multiboxing uses systems banned by the ToS to function, while somehow remaining safe to do. It’s actually hypocritical for them to continue to allow it.

1 Like

That’s irrelevent. The reason people keep bringing these issues up, is because people are tired of seeing people with obvious advantages against the rest of the community, and at this point, most people who multibox use it to maximize their botting ability.

Haha, I killed some druids farming the terrified pack mule in Drustvar just a big ago, then got to thinking. What if instead of attacking me back, they just reported me?

1 Like

I’m gonna let the multiboxing crowd tackle this. Just gonna say, Not all multiboxers are botting, and you don’t need special software to do it.

Did you even read the response? I said most. Ergo, you just reiterated on what I said.

ah, I see you are spoiling for a fight… Not interested, I’m sure the Multiboxing crowd will enjoy sparring with you.

Hasta La Vista

Alright, buddy. You clearly don’t know how to argue any points. The only response anyone ever has to any complaints against multiboxing is just “It’s not against the ToS!”

That’s the problem. It mechanically should be, because you use third party macroing software to control multiple accounts at once. The act of using outside macroing software is against the ToS, while multiboxing in itself is not.

You do know if this keeps up blizzard may ban partying with your alts,because they’ll give it to you and then take something away.

I’ve literally never partied with myself before. I have one account. I don’t see any reason to have more than one. Not to mention, the thing that needs to be banned is using third party softwares to control multiple accounts.

It won’t stop multi-boxing. It can be done with hardware only.

2 Likes

A note about multiboxing while most use software to clone their keys it can also be done the hardware route too with a keyboard multicaster sending it out keystrokes to multiple pc’s.
The hardware route is more expansive to do unless you got old gaming pc’s sitting around like I do.
So most go the software route that clones the keystrokes of the player and the keystroke get sent off the multiple WoW clients.
I’ve actually talked to a blizzard gm about this once and they to me as long as one keystroke = one action on each WoW client I’m in the clear. That was now back in 2010 I think.

3 Likes