Multiboxing and automated moderation

I really didn’t change anything, just added to the post.

“Updated: 6 hours ago
Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use.”
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

2 Likes

Then there is this

2 Likes

There are enough that going to Nazjatar to farm Zin’Anthid to make flasks and potions for my guild is increasingly time consuming, pretty much forcing me to turn to the AH to buy from the multiboxers who farm out entire nodes.

I shouldn’t be forced to turn off warmode because little timmy 20 accounts has control over an entire area. If it were a legitimate war between alliance and horde, it’s a different story. But it isn’t only PvPing. Trying to do world quests in areas where there are one or more multiboxers farming world mounts is impossible, because they are almost instantly tagging any mob that spawns.

That’s a problem with Zin’anthid. And that’s far and away from ruining the economy as a whole.

I feel the same way as Alliance whenever I see a Horde murderball coming my way.

Yes, you added to the post after I had already replied. You edited the post, after I had replied.

That’s a pretty good reason to turn off Warmode, if you have no interest participating then don’t flag up. I enjoy warmode for that reason, and I get jacked all the time, by single players and multiboxers, but I know that before selecting warmode.

2 Likes
  • bad boxer stole muh nodez
  • bad boxer ganked me.
1 Like

Exactly.
Blizzard devs have to look at this hoax and chuckle.
they want the PAYOFF for warmode…they just dont want the RISKS.
Talk about E N T I T L E D.

1 Like

This has no issue with Alliance or Horde. I am not saying Horde doesn’t do it, I am saying it shouldn’t be possible for one player on either faction to hold a zone with multiple accounts.

Just finished leveling 9 characters (2 3man multibox teams and 3 solo) from 93 to 100 and decided to visit the forums to take a break before I start leveling another team.
How fortunate for me someone whipped up a fresh multiboxing thread for me :slight_smile:

If you see my team and attack me there is 0 chance I’ll fight back, I’ll let you kill me then res and go about my business. Fighting extends the amount of time it takes to get done what I want to get done, more efficient to just die.

I have never heard of this happening, squelched yes for chat infractions, banned nah.

What’s with you and these mounts? What’s wrong with them farming mounts? Ruin the economy?

I do commend you on bringing something new to the table, as fun as saying

It’s not botting, in every multiboxing thread is I’m glad there’s a new albeit pointless topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

8 characters is 8 characters…the number of players behind them isnt relevant. Blizzard clearly feels the same.

The best they could do is maybe lock down one small area of a zone. In which case you can either go somewhere else or grab some friends to help clear them out.

:face_with_monocle:

Good morning, afternoon, evening and anything else that I may have missed. I’m glad that I brought the coffee to this one, there is a lot to digest I think.

People will always have an opinion as to why multi-boxing should be banned. Just as many times as people think there is a legit reason to do so, these same reasons are cut down. Who is right and who is wrong is subjective.

I’m sure that people do, is there anything wrong with farming on here? People have to compete for resources. It’s part of the nature of the game. I see people running after herbs / ore nodes all the time. If they get to them before me, oh well, I keep looking until I find some. It’s not a big deal. I still manage to enjoy playing the game regardless.

Some might be bots and some just might be multi-boxing players. It happens either way.

This seems a bit far fetched, I would want to see some kind of official announcement from Acti / Blizz on this one. Humoring that it’s true though, it might not be a bad idea actually. Might get people to stop false flagging people for doning nothing wrong and people wanting to flag for the lol’s.

While I think all people would lvoe for the wheels of justice to move faster. I would rather see Acti / Blizz deal with the people actually breaking the EULA / TOS instead of just assuming that everyone reported is breaking the EULA / TOS.

Maybe one way of doing so would be for the player base to do a little bit of investigating on their own part before reporting people “just in case” that player might be a bot.

Not to long ago Acti / Blizz did put a message out talking about their latest ban wave. So they are at least doing something. Sadly, when a new mouse trap is made a smarter mouse seems to crawl out of the woodwork and the cycle goes on and on.

2 Likes

Exactly…which leaves it up to the rule maker to figure out IF its causing any real problems or not.
Their boxing page was updated just a few hours ago and still says boxing is allowed…so the rule maker HAS spoken in the matter.

2 Likes

They’re allowed because you’re wrong. They’re not botting nor fully automatic things.

2 Likes

Correct, multiboxing in itself is not a violation. What some of them do while multiboxing is, such as creating false alarms.

Someone never experienced the fury of Angwe back in Vanilla and BC. That man locked down single-handedly locked down the Wetlands for months at a time. You don’t need to to be a boxer to lock down a zone, just to be REALLY good.

1 Like

Because the game maker who knows the data clearly rejects YOUR assertion that its a problem that you claim it is.
You want WM perks…without the danger.
Sorry but its an MMO…thats how it works

1 Like

Mass flag cheating might not ban you but reporting name will. It automatically disconnects you if enough people report it. You have to change your name or wait hours for an appeal.