Mouse cursor disappears after 10 minutes every time

The mouse cursor is accelerated by the graphics card.

Are you presently using the newest graphics driver? Have you tried unloading any and all optional software you may have running behind the scenes?

1 Like

I did a proper UI Reload that did not do the trick…

I use no addons at al old or new nada…

I will turn off MSI Afterburner but other then maybe discord when playing with friends not much is running…

I am running a bit older driver but I can try the latest nVidia ones. gimme a minute to reload and 10 minutes to test…

If you’re already on the newest graphics drivers, you may want to try older ones.

Edit: and vice versa.

1 Like

well it might not be the driver as I start off with a working mouse it is just after 10 minutes it disappears but I have use of it just do not see it anymore…

I am trying new drivers. gimme abou15 minutes from now…

well I tried a couple drivers and the mouse still disappears after 10 minutes…

anybody else have an idea or two?

If it’s 10 minutes consistently, I wonder if something is stealing focus briefly.

You may want to try in tech support.

Good luck.

1 Like

Try that article to see if anything there helps.

2 Likes

I took a quick glance at the title and momentarily thought it stated ‘Mouse courier’, and wondered how I could get one.

@ [Kneanderthal, I tried the High DPI setting and that seemed to have fixed it… I will go back in an check again and if it is fixed I will mark your post as the solution…

Thank you…

Crossing my fingers that it works and you don’t have to go through any more troubleshooting.

Well it did not work it seemed to have delayed it for 5 more minutes but the mouse went invisible in about 15minutes…

I am not sure of the actual time but either way it still went invisible:(

What else stinks I can only put in 3 posts in each thread until I get a higher post count so if I dissappear it is not because I found a solution but I will try and edit this post if possible…

Thank you for all the help so far everybody, anyone have any other ideas as too why it is doing this?

I have tried everything in the article and then some…

@Jetsum, I am not using Discord when I been playing recently so no discord running at all…

2 Likes

Did you try anything else in the article it mentions other things to try too.

The Discord overlay has been very well known to cause display issues and mess with the mouse. Try disabling the discord overlay or not use discord at all during play to test.

Hi Jetsum,

I am not currently using Discord when I been playing WOW. I did try turning off MSI AB that did nothing either.

Thnx.

Try disabling any and all overlays as they can cause display issues with the game.

I did disable All overlays I will try another clean boot and see if that helps…

Try this:

• Delete/rename your WTF and interface folders
  • Run the command: /console cvar_reset
  • It will give some error, it’s fine
  • Run the command: /reload to ensure settings save to the local client and the server
  • Close out of WoW
  • Relog back in and see if the problem persists.

If you’re on a clean install of windows, no programs with overlays, etc etc, and still having the mouse vanish, it could be the actual game doing it. It could be some broken leftover cvar settings on the server causing some glitch when the right UI element storm happens that causes the cursor to break.

Also, post a dxdiag if you can please. It could easily be a driver/windows issue too if you’re not up to date.

• start+r
  • dxdiag
  • save all information
  • copy paste it into https://pastebin.com/ and post the link or just paste the mess here in a couple posts with preformatted text that uses ` on both sides of the text (the tilde key to the left of the number one)
2 Likes

Hey there Nephilims/Jeroes,

That does sound odd that the mouse cursor disappears after 10-15 minutes of playing. I can’t quite tell if you’ve found the mouse is not at all working in-game at that time, or if the cursor is there but not visible until the game closes. It may not be critical to know but also could help narrow down the cause.

Based on what was tried and shared so far, I’m afraid that we should get more information about the system. Looking at a Dxdiag as Everia asked for could definitely give more clues to work with.

Since the Msinfo file may contain personal information, if there is nothing we see in the Dxdiag or perhaps nothing shared helps, opening a ticket and including both the Dxdiag and Msinfo along with information from within this thread like what was done will help us better check what can cause this and offer tailored troubleshooting. If you need to go that route, this link can help get the ticket started: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/164/ticket

I will try and open a ticket to see If I can get this resolved…

Does the mouse " in Windows " have a power profile?
Might be in with the battery info.
It will say let it power down after a set amount of time.