Mouse cursor disappears after 10 minutes every time

Hey All,

I Googled this topic and I seen the numerous posts about this and seen and tried the fixes but this is something else.

After logging in the game at 10minutes my mouse cursor disappears and does not retrun no matter what I try. I have done it 4 times and it was at 10 minutes every time so something is weird here with that…

I tried reload UI , ALTTAB out of game come back. here are my SPecs:

1. Intel i7 10700K
  2. ASRock Z590 Phantome 4 AC Motherboard.
  3. Asus 1080GTX
  4. Soundblaster Z
  5. Win 10 21H1 19043.928

I never had this issue until today. I had played on and off for many years and never had a mouse disappear on me in 10 minutes… I checked my Power Options I am on Full no shutoffs of monitor or hard drive…

Not much to report other then the weirdness with the mouse turning off @ 10 minutes, what could cause that in WOW?

Did u try a proper UI reset reload or uninstalling addons wont fix a corrupted UI

Do you mean that the mouse stops working altogether, or that the cursor is just invisible, but still active?

1 Like

I am not sure a ui reset is going to do anything as the mouse comes back if I exit the game and come back in… it just disappears after 10 minutes so it is there at game start…

No the mouse works it just disappears after 10 minutes but I can’t see it.

You would be surprised what a corrupted UI can cause we cant rule it out if u dont try it.

yes, I can try it but this is a Fresh install in Win 10 and the game but I’ll check it right now…

You never mentioned that but are u using new addons or just reinstalling the old ones w/o updating them.

The mouse cursor is accelerated by the graphics card.

Are you presently using the newest graphics driver? Have you tried unloading any and all optional software you may have running behind the scenes?

1 Like

I did a proper UI Reload that did not do the trick…

I use no addons at al old or new nada…

I will turn off MSI Afterburner but other then maybe discord when playing with friends not much is running…

I am running a bit older driver but I can try the latest nVidia ones. gimme a minute to reload and 10 minutes to test…

If you’re already on the newest graphics drivers, you may want to try older ones.

Edit: and vice versa.

1 Like

well it might not be the driver as I start off with a working mouse it is just after 10 minutes it disappears but I have use of it just do not see it anymore…

I am trying new drivers. gimme abou15 minutes from now…

well I tried a couple drivers and the mouse still disappears after 10 minutes…

anybody else have an idea or two?

If it’s 10 minutes consistently, I wonder if something is stealing focus briefly.

You may want to try in tech support.

Good luck.

1 Like

Try that article to see if anything there helps.

2 Likes

I took a quick glance at the title and momentarily thought it stated ‘Mouse courier’, and wondered how I could get one.

@ [Kneanderthal, I tried the High DPI setting and that seemed to have fixed it… I will go back in an check again and if it is fixed I will mark your post as the solution…

Thank you…

Crossing my fingers that it works and you don’t have to go through any more troubleshooting.

Well it did not work it seemed to have delayed it for 5 more minutes but the mouse went invisible in about 15minutes…

I am not sure of the actual time but either way it still went invisible:(

What else stinks I can only put in 3 posts in each thread until I get a higher post count so if I dissappear it is not because I found a solution but I will try and edit this post if possible…

Thank you for all the help so far everybody, anyone have any other ideas as too why it is doing this?

I have tried everything in the article and then some…

@Jetsum, I am not using Discord when I been playing recently so no discord running at all…

2 Likes

Did you try anything else in the article it mentions other things to try too.

The Discord overlay has been very well known to cause display issues and mess with the mouse. Try disabling the discord overlay or not use discord at all during play to test.