Mouse Cursor bug - "snapping"/"resetting" to center of screen

I was directed here specifically from Technical Support (please do not move thread to Technical Support)

The very old mouse cursor bug - where holding either left or right mouse button and dragging the mouse can sometimes cause the cursor to “teleport” or “snap” or “reset” (probably other ways to describe it, for purpose of fishing past reports of this problem. The cursor moves).

In 9.2, it’s back.

I was directed here specifically from Technical Support (please do not move thread to Technical Support) since troubleshooting this issue in general (I have been following this on and off for years) is completely unsuccessful and has been historically completely unsuccessful, worsened by false reports of “success” that were simply poorly replicated/tested. Players have had this bug ongoing for a long time, will try a “fix”, fail to replicate the issue, have it return and once again back to square 1.

Mouse is wired Razer DeathAdder Essential, in the past this issue was identical with other simple 4th/5th only mouse button mouses (prior tested a HyperX… something).

DPI setting is 800, will likely remain 800 for gameplay/usability reasons. 800 isn’t on the high side.

Thank you.

14 Likes

same issue here appeared in 9.2, I have a Logitech G203, tried some “forums fixes” nothing worked… :frowning:

1 Like

Same here after 9.2. Logitech G102.

Tried “/console rawMouseEnable 1” but not work this time.

Happening to me as well. I thought I was going nuts.

Logitech G502 Hero, wired.

Same issue here, as well. I started noticing my mouse resetting to middle of screen yesterday while questing in Zereth Mortis.

My mouse is a Razer Deathadder Elite (DPI set to 1400). I’ve had rawMouseEnable turned off.

Still happening

Same as all you. Only started happening since this patch and has been happening on both of my computers which I think I am using the M510 Logitech wireless mouse. Only does it in game when I am clicking on something and then bam it goes to the center of the screen instead of where I wanted it.

still happening even with the “raw mouse” fix :frowning:

Still happening. This makes the game almost unplayable for some encounters. I am getting the cursor resetting to the center of the screen when rapidly clicking an ability - I can replicate this bug every time. Just click an ability repeatedly even if it isn’t up, and after 3 or 4 clicks the mouse cursor goes to the center of the screen. Only happens during combat.

Yeah, the bug is back again. Noticed it a few times since patch dropped. Razor Deathadder here. It can completely screw up your game, I actually died in PvP because of it.

2 Likes

Still happening. Logitech G502 wired

I’ve noticed it a few times on my Razer Naga Trinity as well since the patch.

1 Like

When is this going to be fixed??? This should have been caught by even minimal beta testing, and if it’s been resolved before what is the hold up in resolving it again? Spaghetti code??

3 Likes

I know that feeling it seems like I have to click a few times and that my clicks aren’t registering properly. It can completely ruin an arena match my mouse cursor acts snappy as well. Have no other issues with other games or programs and it’s only been happening since 9.2 dropped. Sometimes when I’m walking it will just stop randomly unless I’m using the keyboard to move its like the click input isn’t registering properly. Double checked drivers on my trinity and everything’s up to date and fine seems to be a WoW only thing.

I’ve been experiencing this problem ever since Patch 9.2.0, too. I had not changed any system settings and my wired Logitech B100 is perfectly functional. Very frustrating, especially when I’m healing in a raid setting.

1 Like

I have the same problem mouse keeps resetting to middle of screen I spent hours troubleshooting and doing all the fixes nothing works game is unplayable unless I just use keyboard I have a g502 please fix this !!!

I HAVE SAME :poop:
SO ANNOYINGGGGGGGG

Yet another week, still not fixed.

I have the same problem mouse keeps resetting to middle of screen I spent hours troubleshooting and doing all the fixes nothing works game is unplayable unless I just use keyboard I have a g502 please fix this !!

Same here, I’ve died a few times in mythic+ runs because of it. This patch has been so buggy

:ant: :bug: :beetle:

2 Likes