Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

I just logged in and encountered this issue. A guildie gave a helpful suggestion to type /fstack which will show a green rectangle that is like an invisible wall created by an addon, you put your cursor on it and it will give a list of commands, one of those will include an addon that you need to disable. Once disabled, the problem went away for me. For me the problem addon was Atlasloot. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Just want to add for others that I don’t think this is actually related since I’ve had the issue for days now and I don’t have AtlasLoot.

What do you say then to those of us that have tested this to no avail? Resting UI and disabling all addons and still having the issue?

Disabling Atlas loot was the fix for me too. This bug has been driving me crazy for days. I’m so glad someone was able to figure out what the heck the issue was.

I was having issues with my mouse also. Once I deleted the addons that where not updated since the patch came out and downloaded only the addons that have been updated since the patch came out I have had no issues with myh mouse anymore so far.

You rock. This worked. For me the big invisible green area was oilvl. Once I used /fstack like you suggested, I was able to see that it was the oilvl addon and disabled it. It works now. Thanks!

In that case, I’d open a support ticket or create your own thread. If uninstalling addon managers like Twitch, WoWMatrix, Tukui Client, Raider.io, then resetting your UI doesn’t fix things, you’re having a different issue than what is being talked about on this thread.

To keep threads from getting complicated and making it hard for people to come up with a fix for their issue, it’s not a good idea to troubleshoot multiple different issues in one thread, even if you have the same or similar symptoms. As you may note from most of the comments in this thread, disabling or updating addons, or resetting the UI is working for the vast majority of people with the issue.

So from what I understand, you need to hover your mouse cursor over that big green square and find out what it is. It should tell you the addon generating the square. Then you would just disable the addon in question.

I disabled all of my addons and then started turning them back on one at a time. It was AtlasLoot that was not allowing me to use my mouse to move.

2 Likes

I removed all addons and slowly added them back for find out AtlasLoot Enchanced was the issue for me with my mouse going in and out.

Ok, so we don’t have atlasloot. however, the mouse was NOT working properly. Could not even use the flightpath. So, we disable ALL ADDONS and that fixed the problem. This is NOT IDEAL for healers that depend on healbot. Please find another solution.

Was experiencing the same problems. Disabling AtlasLoot resolved the issue for me as well.

I’ve done all that these others threads have. I don’t use atlasloot, however. I’ve disabled/removed/deleted ALL AddOns, reset UI to default, yet my right/left click works maybe half the time. Closed all external applications, restarted PC, attempted to see if anything would populate with /fstack but still nothing. Yet, it’s still something with addons? Hmmm…

We had this problem, 1 character multiple computers. Disabling Atlas loot has fixed the problem.

Having this issue as well but seems to only be only on Blood elf DH. I have a NE DH and same set up and no issues and check a couple other characters and no issues as well.

I too started messing with the addons and after the suggestion to disable Atlasloot and Archy it seemed to have fixed the problem for now.

The only solution is for the third-party developer of the out-of-date addon to get with the program and update it to be compatible with the current version of WoW. Or for you to find replacement addons that are compatible with 9.0.

Addon functionality isn’t Blizzard’s responsibility.

1 Like

I found the addon that was giving me this problem. It was Critline: Aura Monitor

Im having the same issues mouse is working intermittently. They better fix this because i cant play while the mouse is doing this. My mouse works fine in classic.

Worked for me as well. It was Atlas loot…thanks!!!