Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

After the prepatch going live for Shadowlands and eventually getting logged in, it seems that the client is only intermittently recognizing mouse button 1 and 2 presses for me. I’ve tried reloading the UI and logging out and back in. It doesn’t seem to be associated with another interaction in the game. It just randomly happens.

45 Likes

Also having this issue. Logitech G502 mouse.

16 Likes

I was having the same issue and the game was not allowing me to set new keybindings.

6 Likes

I am having this issue as well. I use right mouse button to strafe with the arrow keys. Whenever the mouse is over a character model, I cannot right click to strafe/move the camera.

22 Likes

Same issue with mine Right and Left click doesnt work. Mouse wheel button does. And it wont recognize the left and right under rebind aswell. Using a Razer Naga if mouse brand/type matters. It works in all parts of the game but when I’m fully logged into my character trying to move or target anything. Mouse works fine under the character selection ui.

8 Likes

Also have this Issue, mouse became useless since pre-patch, sometimes it actually reacts while pressing Left or and Right button. Sometimes allows me to actually click the Action Bar but most of the time won’t do anything

Mouse I Use is from Corsair Series (ICUE) M55 RGB Pro

8 Likes

I’m having this issue as well. I managed to get a short intermittent mouse interaction after I tried to quick bind a mount key but it didn’t stick. I’m using a SteelSeries Rival 310 if that helps. Thank you guys! <3

2 Likes

Same issue, however I use the WoW mmo mouse and have issues with it every patch. I’ve tried using the script and Advancedinterfaceoptions because the detect WoW mouse is no longer a default option for some reason.

3 Likes

Same issue here. It isn’t just over the character model either, just intermittently doesn’t seem to recognize left or right mouse button clicks when it did fine before the pre-patch.

6 Likes

Hey all,

It’s possible some mouse/cursor functionality changed with patch 9.0.

Does resetting the key bindings to defaults help at all in these situations?

How about resetting the UI?

Thanks for the reports so far!

2 Likes

Sure seems like something changed. This issue isn’t present in shadowlands beta.

You can’t interact/select or move with mouse buttons. If you hit esc, you can interact with the menu buttons. Reloading instances, no addons, still happens.

9 Likes

I’m having no issues with my mouse buttons being registered, however, the entire game seems to be suffering from an input delay with both keys and mouse movement. I’ll try to move the camera and it won’t actually do so until about half a second later. Same with tapping a side-step button. Same even with typing something into chat.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I just tested with Classic and it’s not happening there.

6 Likes

I have the same issue. Logitech G602. I have reset UI and keybinding to default and reloaded multiple times. My right-click will intermittently work as camera/control function but I cannot interact with anything. When i mouse over items/characters that aren’t in the UI it doesn’t prompt anything.

5 Likes

Resetting keybinds does not work. Deleting WTF does not work. Was playing last night just fine so something about this patch has messed with something.

9 Likes

I too have been having this same issue with the mouse intermittently cutting out for mouse button 1 and 2. I have tried resetting which didn’t work and even going without addons does not seem to help.

6 Likes

Having issues as well. Logitech G602. Seems to be an issue interacting with anything in the middle of the screen. If I hover the mouse at the edge I can open bags and move but that is it. Can’t click mailbox or interact with anything else.

At the moment the left third of the screen seem to allow me to interact with the game but the right 2/3 of the screen is dead. Game is not playable in this condition.

Edit - After playing around with addons I have disabled Atlasloot and Archy. This seems to have fixed the problem for now. Hope this helps someone.

20 Likes

@blizzard, this is serious. It also persists across logins, so if you exit the game entirely, when you login it will happen.

I hate to play this card, but it’s literally unplayable.

23 Likes

I’m having the same issue with a Redragon mouse. I can interact with buttons/menus/popups in the game, but I can’t right-click turn or interact with anything “in” game (like NPCs).

What’s weird, though, is after sitting in game, tabbing between here and the game, I noticed that I could sometimes get the crossed swords when I moused over a mission table. I got closer to it, and they’d disappear. Back up, and they’d reappear. I was able to get closer and closer until I was able to interact with the table, finished a mission, started a new one, and then I was able to use my mouse normally.

I then went and took the portal to Org, and now my mouse doesn’t work again.

Editing to say that now, after the time it took to write this post, the mouse is now working again. Dunno if that helps. Losing the mouse every time I log in/zone will definitely make the game unplayable for me, though.

Third edit: Stopped working again. Logged out and followed Belialina’s suggestion of disabling Atlasloot. That seems to have done the trick.

6 Likes

Piling in to report this is an issue for me as well. Have updated addons, drivers, and tried usual UI reset protocols. Mouse cursor is not even changing when hovering over certain targets like the vendors on my yak. I hope this gets worked out soon :frowning:

edit: issues with even hovering over spells in spellbook to put new stuff on bars. This is a big bummer.

1 Like

I can’t interact with anything keyboard works fine… the game is currently unplayable 100% without mouse.

8 Likes