Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

I’m just glad I was able (thanks to Juggërnaut) to quickly isolate Atlasloot as my issue. It’s likely not the only problematic add-on. I hope as people find add-ons with issues they post them here, to help save us all having to toggle every add-on. Some of us use a LOT of them.

1 Like

I agree in sentiment, but before you rage, remember, this is a VERY big update, and a lot of core functionality was changed. Not every add-on creator has had a chance to tweak their mod’s functionality to work in harmony. Some had no access to Beta, and are as yet unaware there’s any problem, or are in the process of fine-tuning. It’s not an issue of “whose fault is it”, it’s just an issue of letting everyone get their ducks in a row, so to speak. I feel your rage, though. When I discovered I couldn’t use my mouse, I was salty A/f too. Breathe deep. Check /fstack to see if you can spot an obvious add-on conflict. Don’t panic, and please don’t rage at Blizz- they do screw up sometimes, but you can’t expect them to never change anything, and that’s the only way that problems like this could be eliminated.

Edit to add: If you try /fstack, you turn it off again by typing /fstack a second time.

Hey all, I disabled only atlasloot and it fixed it for me. hope this works for some of you too

1 Like

I never play with Addon and never even download one and i have this problem since pre patch launch :

I have bind two techniques on my mousewheel which does not work when my mouse pointer is on my action bar. When my mouse pointer is not on the action bar I can use my scroll but if curser is hovering over any action bars spells it doesnt works.

it’s really annoying because I bind on my mousewheel the two techniques that I use most often.

I don’t have atlasloot and I am still having this issue. I barely use any addons and all the ones I do use, have been updated.

That was it for me as well. I didn’t have Atlas loot installed so I knew it wasn’t that but ERT was the culprit for me.

Disabling all of Atlas, Prat and Critline got my mouse working again as of now

This ^ exactly this. Unable to click on flight paths, npc’s or whatever else it decides. The problem comes and goes though, which makes it EXTREMELY frustrating.

I think it’s details and weakauras for me, Elvui, DBM and Clique are all working together.

My issue was with an addon, Atlas Loot. I disabled it and now I am able to use my mouse to move.

2 Likes

Thanks bro! you the real MVP

1 Like

SOLVED

Disable atlas Loot

1 Like

realized others have already said! good luck

I do not have Atlas loot and I am having this issue persistently.

Mine was because of atlasloot. Check your addons

Disabling atlasloot fixed this for me. Thank you so much!

Same issue. Game is completely unplayable. My mouse only works like 5% of the time. I can click abilities on my action bar just fine though. Just can’t move or interact with anything else lol.

Hopefully they fix this fast instead of just give us the “did you try turning your router off and on again?” tech support responses.

Mine is working fine on all characters I’ve logged into except ONE. (Edit… Now TWO. :frowning: ) On one character (if knowing which on my account helps, it’s the blood elf hunter) everything is as people are reporting here:

– Can click on menu/UI buttons and was able to set talents.
– Can NOT click on anything in the game world (like NPCs, the mission table, etc).
– Does not register I’m mousing over something (example: there is no cursor change to a baggie when mousing over a vendor).
– Can NOT change the camera angle with the mouse buttons.
– Can NOT use both mouse buttons to run forward.

However, as I said above, it’s working on all other characters normally.

Additionally, I just now tested if I used /target to target a vendor NPC and used my “interact with target” hotkey, the vendor did open their dialogue. I was able to use the mouse to click on the vendor option in the dialogue and was able to sell an item from my bag by clicking it with the mouse. Probably because these are all UI elements.

I tested this and saw what you saw too. Mousing over things changes the cursor appropriately when you are at a distance. Unlike you, I can’t get close enough to interact without it disappearing. However, potentially relevant, I found while I could open the mission report window, I was unable to interact with that window. When I tried to click “available missions”, it would not change to that list. The only thing I was able to interact with on that window was the “X” to close the window. Mousing over the completed mission waiting did not show the mission’s reward and % chance.

Additionally, as I try to get closer to the object I’m mousing over, the area the cursor is recognizing seems to get increasingly mis-centered. Trying to clarify: When at a distance, mousing over the mission table creates the crossed swords cursor, but as I inch closer, I have to target past or above the table’s image to get the crossed swords cursor.

I was able to get to about the second board on the boat’s deck past where the gangplank joins the boat before the crossed swords would disappear. Given I had to increasingly target above the table as I got closer, I wonder if the boat’s rigging is getting in the way? (Since I am unable to change my camera’s angle to angle around it.)

This is hard to test as a lot of people are standing on/around the mission table…

(Sidenote to the edit on the quoted post: I do not run Atlasloot.)

FASCINATING CATCH!!! This is the case with mine too. If I have the mouse at the edge of the screen, I can change my camera angle!

I’ve been kind of noticing this too… Including the typing things into chat. I had dismissed it as lag, but it’s worth mentioning.

EDIT: By positioning carefully, I was able to get the mission table into a position at the edge of my screen and could click it. I was able to turn in the one mission which had completed. I was completely unable to click on anything else in the mission table window. Nothing else registered.

i’m just using a regular mouse, nothing special and am having this issue as well. it seems there is just a dead spot in the middle of the screen below my character where you can’t interact with anything. its making the rune and leylocked chest world quests in nazjatar impossible to do.

Yep same here dead spot in center of screen have to do click on edge of screen to get it to work. also can not place ablitiies on hot bar if in middle of screen.

1 Like