Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

As of prepatch (and the beta) the mouse pointer does not hide “ when NOT moving the mouse ” when right clicking on something. As soon as the mouse moves a few pixels it then hides when holding down a mouse button. It makes it harder to visualize the feel of right clicking and interacting on targets for instance with this change.

Does anyone else find this and why has this been changed after so many years? Can Blizzard clarify if this is intended behavior and if so we can we have an option to at least change back to the old behavior.

Edit: Also for anyone reading in the future this is NOT the same issue to do with addons interfering with mouse targetting on the screen. This is purely a change in the way the mouse pointer functions.

3 Likes

I had the same global input delay and managed to fix it by turning off vertical sync in the graphics settings

2 Likes

THIS WORKED FOR ME. Was having the same issue with delays, tried multiple mice, disabled addons, updated drivers, the whole deal, and disabling this one option fixed it. Thanks!

Saw someone say that disabling Atlas loot worked. Tried it and I can confirm that it fixed it for me.

It appears to be an error with the atlas loot addon.

4 Likes

Same - disabling Atlasloot fixed all mouse issues!

1 Like

After reading your post, I also disabled Atlasloot (I don’t have Archy installed). Seems to have helped immensely! Thanks for the tip!

This worked

I have all addons disabled and reset my UI / Settings. Blizzard appears to have changed something with the cursor… Right-click still works to move the camera, but the cursor doesn’t disappear until you move your mouse, which I find insanely annoying.

2 Likes

Same Problem. Disabled atlas loot seems ok now.

devs cant code

Same issue here, it seemed like the new quest objective marker was blocking my UI so i disabled it, but the side effect stayed. Im just guessing here, but i think the new function needs to be on a lower layer of the UI so it doesnt get in the way

I was having this issue today and fixed it by disabling all addons and turning back on those that I actually use.
However, I didn’t identify which one was bugging the mousing system.

1 Like

I had the same issue. After turning off all addons and turning them back on 1 at a time, atlas loot seemed to be the issue for me.

I also disabled atlasloot and it fixed the left and right click movement and free look BUT i have noticed an issue where if you click on screen somewhere the cursor used to click (flash) away for a sec and now it doesnt, why is this?

Just chiming in that disabling atlasloot fixed it for me as well thanks a bunch

This worked for me, thanks for the tip! New patch so I’m sure the addon will be updated soon.

Definitely an addon issue, I was having this issue, disabled AtlasLoot like most people claimed fixed it but didn’t for me. I ended up using the /fstack command in the chat window like someone suggested and it ended up being my GearOptimizer addon. Disabled that and my mouse is working again.

/fstack helped me find the problem Addon, thanks for the huge help!

Disabling Atlas Loot worked for me.