Mouse clicking not registering in patch 9.0.1

This was absolutely it! Thank you so much, I was going crazy from all the weird things it would and wouldn’t let me do!

You are an amazing one and I appreciate the heck out of you. This has been bugging me terribly all evening. Disable AtlasLoot folks.

1 Like

this worked for me too.

This worked for me :grinning:

Pardon my french, but this response is moronic.

Devs changed the game and broke mouse functionality. Do NOT go about telling people “change your stuff to fix our f&%$ up”.

1 Like

I found this in old issues dating back to 3 yrs ago, pre patched drop yesterday and all was working great with my mouse before then. I use my mouse to move I know terrible way to play the game , but works for me, any way I couldn’t move consistently using left and right mouse buttons as if there was something in mid screen blocking me that I couldn’t see, hover mouse over things right beside me and doesn’t register, crazy going through threads, I found /fstack, used that and there was a block brought to light in my screen too big to move looked at what add it was and disabled it, seems to be working right so far but haven’t tried it in a battleground. I hope this helps cause you can’t play the game if mouse works sometimes

1 Like

I removed atlas loot and turned off all mods, still have the mouse issue. Just using a basic logitech mouse.

after going to /fstack for me too it was atlas loot

2 Likes

try /fstack it will tell which add is in your screen
move the mouse around the mid and that big green square is your problem add , it will say the name disable that add

2 Likes

disabling atlasloot seemed to fix the issue for me

3 Likes

OiLvl seems to be a problematic one, too.

1 Like

Having this issue as well. I found in the past there was other official forum posts and reddit threads that talk about this and always seems to coincide with a patch update to the game.

There was some troubleshooting which I went through all of it and some responsiveness came back but not completely.

This required me to delete the config-cache file located in the WTF folder for WoW. Again this did not bring back full functionality but it helped a little bit.

Honestly they need to hotfix this because it was claimed in the past it was due to addons by other GMs but I even disabled all addons and reset my cvar cache to default via the console command. No difference.

Happening to me as well. My mouse clicks cut In and out from working even though the cursor still moves freely.

Everything else works fine, key-bindings are still set. Just stops working randomly and takes some time to cut back on.

Have you tried renaming the addon folder to disable them fully? Then add them back one by one in a new folder til you spot the troublemaker.

1 Like

Tried that seems to work for the time being. So maybe seems to be on my end. Funny though I don’t recall having any problem before. Thank you.

1 Like

Many addons don’t have new versions for 9.0. Some have been abandoned by their devs, others didn’t have beta access to develop new code for their software.

3 Likes

Just wanted to add on to the discussion in a constructive way here instead of flaming Blizz for no reason lol…

The culprits for me (determined via /fstack) were RareShare and ElvUI Shadow & Light. Disabling these fixed my issue(s)

2 Likes

100% this. I was afraid I’d have to go through and test every add-on (and I have a lot. XD) But shutting off Atlasloot and it’s plugins did the trick. THANK YOU!!!

Oddly, Atlasloot did just update everything, but apparently, their update is buggy.
As Panda says, “Patience!” It’s going to be amazing, but when you use add-ons, you have to assume it’s going to take them a while to get everything working together smoothly when there’s an update this large.

Indeed, and it’s near impossible to build software for a game you can’t access/play (beta access). I’m sure by the end of the week the things that have active developers will be running as usual.

1 Like