Mouse Click Issues

This is a somewhat complex issue that only started occurring after the patch on 2 May 2023. To start I currently use a glorious Model D wired gaming mouse and previously used Razer Death Adder.

I use double mouse click for all movement (no other keybinds). I use middle mouse (clicking in the scroll wheel) to toggle auto run. I use the two buttons where my thumb rests (mouse button 4/5) for strafe left and strafe right. This has never been an issue ever before on either of the mouse’s I use to play. Here is the issue that started occuring:

When I am strafing left OR right AND then click any other mouse button (left, right, middle, button 4/5) my character gets stuck in an auto strafe (left or right depending on which one I was going) and I can only stop the strafe by clicking whichever button direction I am strafing.

Example: I hold Mouse button 4 and start strafing left, I then left click my mouse, my character will now be stuck auto strafing left UNTIL I click mouse button 4 again to stop the strafe.

Interesting notes, If I am holding any other mouse button prior to hitting a strafe button, it does not lock my character into a strafe. It only occurs when I am pressing my strafe button first. Also of note, it happens on both the Glorious model D gaming mouse and my razer death adder.

Troubleshooting:
I’ve updated drivers/firmware
I’ve tried unbinding and rebinding keys
I’ve disabled all addons/weakauras
I’ve unplugged the mouse and plugged it into 4 different USB ports
I’ve disabled the mouse buttons functions and re-enabled them.

I believe this is an unfortunate side effect of the new patch and hope it can be looked into.

20 Likes

This was an issue that I tried to submit as a bug on the PTR before the patch even went live.

My movement keybinds are similar to yours and I am having the same issues with auto strafe/run being triggered. I hold left+right mouse buttons down to move forward then I strafe with the 2 buttons on the side of my mouse. Trying to strafe triggers the autorun/strafe even when I have auto run completely unbound.

Have tried-

1. Reset all keybinds to defaults then setting them back up again.
  2. Bought a new mouse.
  3. Updated all drivers.
  4. Disabled all addons.

Really hoping can get some sort of dev communication or fix to this soon or I will have to completely redo all the keybinds that I have used since MoP.

2 Likes

I heard that if you skip the initial cutscene it bugs out the entire game. I had to reset my ui positions and my minimap is in the center of my screen still, which I can not move. I am unable to interact with anything by clicking. I went to open my vault and I wasn’t able to click on the wall or speak with the npc besides it. I went to talk with someone who had a mission and I was still unable to interact with them via clicking.

1 Like

Also I am unable to move the camera with my mouse as well.

same here, can’t click mailbox, bags, or target and interract with npcs. cant move minimap in edit mode.don’t recall if i canceled the opening cut scene or not. getting lot of LUA errors all mentioning wow interface, not any addon.

game is unplayable

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Two of my characters can’t interact and another one interacts fine.

I am having the exact same issue as OP and thought I was going insane, I also have mouse button 4 and 5 set to strafe left and right. Click either MB 4 or 5 at the same time as right mouse button, it proceeds to auto run in a strafe. No idea if this is something that I can disable or not, but its rather annoying. Only seems to happen in WoW so I am pretty sure its within the game.

2 Likes

Hello all, I’m experiencing the same mouse movement issue since 10.1. I used to be able to key bind the “move & steer” with the left and right clicks, but it is missing now. I’m unable to steer or pitch a dragon flight or click a target I went into the keybindings and tried to manually set the move & steer, but it didn’t recognize my mouse clicks. I tried a different mouse and rebooting etc, and same problem. I feel dead in the water and hope this is resolved soon.

2 Likes

Update, i logged into a different character and the move and steer works, but still not on my main.

I had the same issue and my UI/Interface was ALL jacked. Disable mapcoord add on if you have it, and that fixes everything.

1 Like

Confirming what Greigg said.

I went through all my addons and it was MapCoords addon causing the issues

1 Like

Same. Having trouble with auto-run and such. I use two mouse-buttons (right click and button 5) to walk backwards and steer. If I walk backwards, my auto-run converts to auto-run backwards, and attempting forward while auto-run is toggled stops the character, which then begins moving backward again after I stop trying to run forward. If I de-toggle auto-run, and then run forward, auto-run reverts to forward movement.

Seems like Auto-run direction is picking up a default direction, and isn’t cancelling on manual input.

2 Likes

Having the same issue with movement keys bound to my mouse buttons hopes this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

This has happened for a while while you were trying to move while placing a targeted ability like sigil, but it wasnt a huge issue. But its been happening a LOT since today. Need fix. Nothing better than having your character start auto walking backwards and having to alt/tab twice to fix it mid pull on Mythic Raz.

Also having weird snapping of my cursor when using mouse abilities.

1 Like

Can confirm the issue as well; surprised something this important flew under the radar at blizz hq

I didn’t have Coordinates addon running but I did disable Tomtom and I think it’s eliminated the issue. Gonna run some skirmishes to see.

Nope… turning off Tomtom didn’t help.

Well… the game is unplayable now until they fix this. I strafe all the time and can’t afford to lock into a strafe run.

Mine is doing this exact same thing. Lemme know if you see / hear of a resolve please

For reference, we had a blue post in Tech Support. This does look like a bug.

4 Likes

I had this issue on PTR a couple weeks ago. It seems it has carried over to retail and it’s super annoying lol

Same issue here. Died to so many ground effects because I was still moving.