Mouse Click Issues

This game has become unplayable for me. I was here since the start and the mouse buttons are an integral part of playing this game for me, this patch has totally screwed up that. I can no longer play without dying instantly, running off a cliff or into a huge mob. So, until this is fixed, I will play something else.

Same issue. Not playing until this is fixed. There are multiple threads about this affecting many people.

Seen a blue post about this issue and it said they have not had widespread complaints about it lol.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve unsubbed. Not doing it to be spitefulā€¦ I know 10.1 only launched yesterday. I just cannot play with this glitch happening constantly. Hereā€™s hoping they acknowledge and fix this quickly. I have game time until May 15 so Iā€™ll check in until then.

not widespread they are correct cuz if its only a couple hundred or thousand they will over look it cuz its not 10k or 100k plus players its small enough where ppl are ignoring it or not complaining where they see it not to be a big enough issue but ilove doing keys vutr if they cant fix this im good with taking off this summer ill just grind make some money play some other game this iw why i havent spent a dime on wow since bfa and will continue to use gold to play this game because they have not earned my trust in them

Binding Strafe Left or Strafe Right to my Mouse 4 or Mouse 5 keys and then pressing Mouse 1+2 at the same time as a strafe key forces my character to start auto running in the direction of the strafe. I do not experience this bug if I rebind my Strafe keys to non-mouse buttons. This issue was present on the 10.1 PTR and didnā€™t start until this patch. I use a Logitech G502 HERO mouse.

I have seen other players say they are using third party software to cause the game to see mouse 4+5 button clicks as different keys and that this is working as a temporary solution to the problem. It has also been suggested to players on the technical support forum to rebind their strafe keys to other buttons as a temporary solution. I hope a proper solution and correction to the problem is found soon as I would prefer not to have to retrain my muscle memory in order to avoid auto strafe causing me to move in unintended directions during in-game encounters.

I had the same problem with the map and unable to steer & move with my mouse. I restored my comp to Monday, May 2nd and updated the patch again. Also deleted maps coords. Both problems went away after the restore

Chiming in as well,

I am able to reproduce this bug with both ā€œturn left, turn rightā€ as well as the strafe keys.

The keys have to be bound on a mouse for the bug to activate.

• this only works in retail wow ATM
  • classic is unaffected

Same here, both me and my husband, he doesnt use any addons, i use a few but not coordinate or any sort of clicky thing.
The mouse back or strafe gets stuck, sometimes I can click again and unstick other times not at all. Doesnt happen all the times either so idk wtf

Same here and they still havenā€™t fixed the issue blizzard are pathetic

Same here, I move my characters only with mouse buttons, itā€™s imposible for me playing if this bug is not solved

I have a plain mouse that would offend almost everyone on here. And even that is not working right, The right button is sticking when I click on anything and instead of opening the loot/dialog window, I activates the camera as if I was holding it down. Have to right click twice to do anything.
Note: Yes, tried another mouse and disabling all add-ons. Still nothing.

2 Likes

A WoW update went through on Battlenet a few mins ago so I logged in and tried a skirmish. The strafe problem is still happening. I couldnā€™t play and logged out.

Iā€™ve had sticky buttons on old mice so I bought a new mouse Tuesday. Turned off Mapcords and Tomtom. Updated everything and got rid of unused addons and weak auras.
Since the Bnet update an hour or so ago. So far, for me, the strafe thing isnt happening but Iā€™m still cautious.

Nevermind. 5/5 Still broken for me. Kept strafing to the left unless i clicked my strafe button again and I had to do that a few times to make it stop strafing left.

same problem cant play game =[ anykeys over +18 become unplayable because of it

2 Likes

I was worried it was just me! My right mouse button also ā€œsticksā€ moving the camera.

I too am having mouse focus issues. No checking on mail, no mining, ā€¦ and we continue to pay these guys for this buggy app. /ugh

2 Likes

Yeah I am annoyed. I havenā€™t played since 10.1 launched because of this and yet Iā€™ve paid for game time.

I found a workaround that may work for others. If you have a mouse that uses corsair icue, razer synapse or another program that lets you assign macros to your mouse, assign a macro to your mouse 4/5 button that presses the left and right arrow buttons (or anything else you dont use). Then make that the keybinding in wow. so now your mouse is sending the signal that a keyboard button is being pressed not mouse 4/5 and the bug shouldnā€™t happen. It has been working for me.

1 Like

Exact same problem with the exact same mouse.

This problem first showed up with my Logitech G502 Hero mouse and so I changed back to my Razer Death Adder to see if the problem persisted - it did.
The only difference is I have mouse button 4 bound to reverse, and so my character gets stuck auto-walking in reverse until I press mouse button 4, and only mouse button 4, again.

In some ways Iā€™m relieved that others are reporting this problem.