Mounts from New Reputation Achievements not in Journal

But that’s a completely different topic which has already had plenty of other threads about it.

What i have noticed throughout the years is that quite a few people in blizzard are sabotaging their own product. There is a lack of accountability among blizzard staff and or quality control is non existent. I hope Microsoft replaces all the slackers employed at blizzard or employees more staff to micromanage quality control.

1 Like

Great, achievements get a priority on being fixed.

Now lets talk about the countless UI and chat problems that have started since this patch came out, that thousands of players have stated having the problem yet we have not heard a single response back??

The UI bugs we are seeing can be handled pretty easily, IE turning off elvui minimap and just ignoring the chat window (I know that’s hard for some people and kinda snags rp) whereas the achieve as mounts are being actively earned and people arent receiving rewards they worked incredibly hard for. I’m talking people grinding for weeks upon weeks for this stuff. I can pretty easily understand why they put these achieves on the forefront of their list.

How do people have Taivan already?

Today is day #7. It requires 8 daily quests minimum? O_o

Some of us had credit for one of the quests when the patch was released. I had credit as well for one of those quests. So earned the achievement today.

Missing still a couple other achievements however to get Taivan to ride around on!

Thank you Kaivax for the response. Appreciate it. The fact that this got past the QC team does not reflect well on that team, or the game’s QC in general. It used to be #1 bar none. What happened? Mounts not in game? That’s just…

they will always say that or even tell you it is an addon causing the problem, i’m glad plunderstorm had addons disabled because it truly highlights how bugged the core game is and finally GMs can’t blame ADDONS. Let us hope there will be some accountability or a complete overhaul of their QC departments.

yea got taivan today and he is invisible its actually comical to be running at 100% ground speed

Man this patch added so many great rewards and yet it’s such a humongous mess. Guess firing people and using AI to implement stuff ingame didn’t quite work out eh?

I’m STILL having an issue with the “Bestowed Ottuk Vanguard” mount. I can now see it in the mount journal, but it is greyed out and it says “You have not collected this mount.” even though I earned the “Flight Club” achievement on the 25th.

All the mounts have appeared for me today after reset except for the Grotto Netherdrake Black scales :frowning:

Same.

The Bestowed Ottuk Vanguard and Coralscale Salamanther are not being credited even though we have the achievements.

Some people were mailed the Salamanther, but some (like me), were not.

1 Like

I can confirm that I was not mailed the Coralscale Salamanther upon today’s hotfix. However, I see the mount come up in the dungeon journal when I search for it, however I do not know it despite having the achievement.

I am also missing the black scales for the Netherdrake too.

oh just noticed i am missing the Coralscale Salamanther as well, even though i have the achieve

1 Like

iam having that problem too. I hope Blizz doesnt leave us mount collectors high and dry by not fixing this. I have put in alot of work to get these achieves done the least they can do is make sure we are properly rewarded for our work.

1 Like

The “Bestowed Ottuk Vanguard” mount can now be used, but I still don’t have the onyx scales for my dragonriding netherdrake.

1 Like

Can confirm I don’t have the Coralscale Salamanther, even though I have Into the Storm completed. I’m guessing its an issue with pre 10.2.6 completion.

Never got an email and relogged plenty of times.

1 Like

Same on my end, the bestowed mounts are now showing up, but still no Onyx Scales.

3 Likes

yep missing, logged on to any characters could of been on and no mail or items in inventory.

Even made sure addons werent conflicting as well as an admin level repair on the client. Still nothing.