Mount Parade Help

Hello!
Yesterday I was at 198/200 for the Mount Parade Achievement.
I went through and got my Lucid Nightmare mount and the counter moved to 199/200.
Great. I only need one more mount.
So, I went to the AH and bought a decently priced Leaping Veinseeker; fully expecting to get the achieve. But I didn’t. After learning the Leaping Veinseeker, my mount totals were still 199/200.
I thought that maybe since the achievement is for, “usuable by a single character,” that maybe another one of my toons had access to another mount. I proceeded to log into all 49 other characters on my account to see if it popped, and it did not.
What gives? Am I missing something obvious here? Quite possible from lack of sleep. Help?

The counters are indeed confusing. Being a mount collector myself, I watch them regularly hehehe.

• Log completely out and in, that can sometimes trigger the achieve.
  • Open your achievements. Click the “Statistics” tab, highlight “character” on the left and then scroll down to “gear.” There is a number for total mounts (usable by that toon) that I’ve found to be more accurate than the achievement counter. See if that number is 200+.

I had a friend trying to hit 300 the other day. He had a heck of a time getting his 300th mount to show up. After systematically logging many of his alts, and reloading the game a few times, the achieve popped up on a random login.

Here’s a few other sources you might check for info:

Good luck :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That mount isn’t character or faction specific so if you went from 198 to 199 with the Lucid Nightmare, you should have jumped to 200 with the Veinseeker.

I don’t see any specific issues with that mount, Pops, but I’d recommend submitting a bug report. QA can take a look and make sure the mount is counting in the collection correctly.

5 Likes

people have been reporting this as an issue for a very long time now.

it’s not related to particular mounts.

3 Likes

When I got 350 I had to go through almost all my characters to get the mount achievement to show. It showed on a mage. No class-bonus mounts like Pally, Lock or DK. No profession-specific mounts.

I’m wondering if it’s possible that there’s an unintended time-gate on it. Like it shows up X hours after you learn the last mount.

1 Like

I logged into all 49 of my other toons…reagardless of level/race/faction/class. Still no achievement. All of my 120s show 199/200 in the statistic tab. Hoping this Shadowbarb Drone I’m about to get pushes the whole thing through.

1 Like

The only thing that works reliably is to add a mount on the character which has the furthest advancement (highest personal mount count). Most cases, that’s a paladin, just because of the advantage in class mounts. Otherwise, the addition may get lost in the difference between the adding character’s lower count and the account-wide count that doesn’t get used unless it’s the character with that number.

I actually bought a store mount and learned it on a paladin to go over 400 for Horde of Hoofbeats. The actual number, after the paladin, was 402 (I was actually at 400, but the other alts had the number stuck at 398). Add a mount on the paladin, number miraculously jumps to 401 and then 402 with the achievement mount.

2 Likes

I added a store mount. My Pally, Locks, DKs, Engineers, Blacksmiths, Tailors(one was my main lock), Leatherworkers did not appear to count the mount. It was a mage with mining/herbing. The count updated after logging in to a number of characters.

FYI there is a known issue around this and the reputation tracking for achievements. While the statistics page will update correctly the achievement code won’t fire until the character with the highest number of reputations/mounts gets another reputation/mount. I had this happen to me a week or two ago and had to buy a mount on that character to get it to work properly. The official guidance on the reputations is actually wrong (disable addons and log in, this is server side code that’s failing) and known to be wrong AFAIK.

The quickest solution is to go to the character who’s statistics page meets the achieve and get the next mount on that character. The achievements system seems to only run based on the logged in character not the account and only when a change occurs.

1 Like

Except that didn’t work for me. It was a mage, with no profession-specific mounts, that triggered the achievement. It should have been my lock with tailoring mounts. I bought the extra mount on that character.

All that matters is which on has the highest mount count in the statistics page. I don’t know if that was your mage or warlock.

Warlock, The mage didn’t have access to the lock class mounts or the tailoring mounts.

I marked Sniperorc as the solution. I had hoped logging on the Pally would trigger it. It didn’t. So I bought another AH mount but had my Pally learn it instead of my Priest. That’s what the weird system wanted I guess. And then my total went from 199 to 203.

3 Likes

For those struggling to understand why sometimes the achievement does not increase, after some testing I came up with these findings:

Let’s start with a simple scenario where on your account you have a rogue and a warrior and both have 10 mounts. No unique or exclusive mounts present, both characters can use 10 mounts.

You can check on Statistics > Gear > Mounts owned that both characters have 10 mounts.
You can check on the mounts Achievement that you have 10 mounts.

Now let’s pretend you got a gladiator mount on your rogue, which currently is exclusive to the rogue.
At this precise moment, the rogue mounts owned will go to 11.
The warrior mounts owned stays 10.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the rogue) greater than the current progress? Yes, because 11 > 10, so update the achievement progress also to 11.

So current status is
Rogue mounts owned: 11
Warrior mounts owned: 10
Achievement progress: 11

Now let’s pretend you got a mount on your warrior, but not an exclusive one.
At this precise moment, the warrior mount goes to 11.
The rogue mounts goes to 12.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the warrior) greater than the current progress? No, because 11 is not > 11, so DO NOT update the achievement progress.

So current status is
Rogue mounts owned: 12
Warrior mounts owned: 11
Achievement progress: 11

THAT’s why sometimes you will get a mount but not see an increase on the achievement tracker!

Now let’s pretend you got a mount on your rogue, but not an exclusive one.
At this precise moment, the rogue mount goes to 13.
The warrior mounts goes to 12.
A script will run for your Mount achievement progress and check, is the mounts owned of this character (the rogue) greater than the current progress? Yes, because 13 is > 11, so DO update the achievement progress to 13.

THAT’s why you sometimes will get ONE mount but see an increase of 2 on the achievement tracker!

So if you want to “fix” your achievement progress, you just need to get a mount on any character where their mounts owned is bigger than the current achievement progress.

While Blizzard support article (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/4738) do say that you can log on other characters to trigger an update, I didn’t experience that working reliably.
Only by getting a mount on a given character where their mounts owned was bigger than the achievement progress that I saw the achievement being updated all the time.

That should solve your issue :slight_smile:

5 Likes