Most people do not want Fresh Servers

Heh. The meta back then was dictated by vanilla being progressive and constantly changing. There weren’t time capsules nor did we have foresight. We made due with the hands we were dealt.

The vanilla players essentially gave classic players a walkthrough guide on how to play the game. And at the end people had issues with naxx because it wasn’t cleared in two weeks.

We did 2 years worth of progression that people still couldn’t complete today.

Show some respect eh?

1 Like

Last I checked, 153 likes for the thread representing people who DO want fresh. 21 for yours. Somehow I don’t think your ‘most’ claim is accurate.

2 Likes

Wow. 153 people. How many alt accounts perhaps? :rofl:

Comments like this basically scream ‘I don’t want to be taken seriously.’ So I won’t waste my time on you beyond this response.

3 Likes

153 likes.
Blizzard staff is urgently meeting. The topic has 153 likes! It means fresh has to happen.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rp-pvp-realms-reconsider-one-realm/130723

458 Likes over the span of 5 months.

Gosh.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-formal-request-thread-for-freshnew-tbc-servers/877051

195 in 3 days.

The push for RPPVP was very real and we worked hard to get that server type released. We were going to get 0, now we have 2.

Though, at this point it just seems like you want to argue for the sake of attention.

4 Likes

… or you want the attention just for the sake of arguing.

1 Like

It’s not most WOW players who play classic. It’s OLD WoW players who came back for Classic… but can’t stand retail and all the softness of it. Although there are alot of people on the soft PVE classic servers soo.

How could opening up a fresh TBC server affect someone who doesn’t want to roll on one? Why are you even posting about this?

1 Like

You should head to the TBC forum and look at the arguments that are being thrown at blizzard for adding TBC fresh servers, they are pretty decent.

1 Like

What? Are you that close minded? Do you realise why was vanilla so good and why private servers were able to run throughout 14 years of “non-blizz” ?

Seriously, I am a big fan of WoW but since MoP I figured id try out the expacs here and there and never got into it. Classic came out, I so enjoyed the aspect of leveling a character thats on the same level as everyone, as with all the other valuable arguments in terms of “fun” in the TBC forum threads.

Im a not a bot or whatever you are pointing the finger at, I am a loving wow fan who desires a fresh TBC experience, just like back in the days.

Take a look a Graysfordays new video on the topic, on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfAcDp9OyPw

4 Likes

This is my take on it. People already know much of the TBC from private servers and playing back in its original release. Having people leveling out in the world, organic styled pvp, competition over resources, establishing new guilds and then the farming necessary for raid prep creates it’s own unique feeling. If they allow people to come in with hundreds of thousands of gold, those people will dungeon grind to 70, buy all their epic flying mounts and then immediately go around ganking people nonstop who are trying to level and quickly take over all the farming spots that are actually needed for a large amount of quests. All the the mats for BIS crafted pre raid items will be kept watch on and hyperinflated and only those with large swathes of gold will be able to afford them.

People can see this happening ahead of time because of how it played out for P5 and P6 in classic and would rather are more relaxed experience for their first time entering into TBC . The idea of “trying” a new expansion only to have your entire experience ruined just like P2 is just not appealing.

2 Likes

preach brother

You fail to see the point. Leveling is not the issue. I will gladly lvl to 60/70 from lvl 1. The point is that even starting on an established server and lvln to 60 still leaves me years behind. There are people that have over 500k gold currently in classic. Most average players have 10k+ if they’ve played since launch.

The prices of items are already far higher than vanilla ever was. Move this into TBC. We will see things like primal might going for thousands of gold. Spellfire cloth/primal mooncloth/shadowweave cloth going for thousands of gold.

There is no way anyone starting currently will be able to be competitive in the current state of the game. Hence why I want a fresh server.

~and in before the “well just farm before TBC” crowd comes in … lvln a mage to 60 and gearing it just to sell boosts (the only real way to make money now that everyone has everything they need and/or want) is completely stupid and pointless. No one should be forced to do something like that just to attempt to compete with the crowd.

TL;DR - I’ll do the work gladly. Just want to be on an equal footing come TBC

I disagree, people do want fresh, just I do not agree with people forcing those to start fresh for TBC. I also don’t like the idea of a free lv 58 boost also.

1 Like

This is a non-issue. Blizzard already said they were progressing the Classic servers to Classic TBC, same as they did in the real TBC. I’d quit if I had to re-level and a lot of my guild feels the same.

Blizzard used to periodically open new servers to give players a chance to get Scarab Lord. I’m sure once all the dust settles from the TBC launch there will be some fresh Classic servers.

Fresh tbc is so dumb it is painful. Yay, after 2 years we have a new expansion. But no, you can’t play it until you relevel in the old game all over again. I might understand it more if tbc added a ton of 1-60 content like cata, but not with how tbc is set up.

And people who are so far behind their peers that they want a slate wipe are going to fall just as far behind in fresh. Those people with Naxx gear and a ton of gold are going to hit 70 while you are still in your 30s. Then you’ll finally hit 70 and they will already have tens of thousands of gold and the markets cornered. Fresh is nothing but a private server meme and only really benefits peoole who showed up to the party months later without the chance to play at launch.

Edit: I wouldn’t care if Blizzard threw them a bone and opened a fresh server, but it really won’t make any difference

Some people want fresh for the sake of the community. If you dont want it, its very understandable and you can continue on your current server in your ruined economy with bots for as long as blizzard makes expansions.

Only a few servers per region will suffice (1 PvP and 1 PvE) and they made new servers at original TBC launch because demand had grown. This will likely occur when classic TBC launches as well. It is not of a detriment to provide a fresh server to those that pay a subscription and had that option in TBC and Wrath launches.

2 Likes

Where do you find the data to release these friendly reminders?