MOP Remix, My Opinion

I don’t know if I am in the minority or not. Not really sure if I care. I know that MoP was one of my favorite xpacs. The game was alive and new. My guild was so active and willing to try new things, go anywhere, do anything. We were a community and, in most cases, because irl friends. That seemed to break apart during WoD. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Cata and LK, but MoP was different.

I’m writing this because I was so excited for MoP Remix. I knew some of the new systems were going to be in place and I didn’t think much of it. I just wanted that nostalgic feeling again.

Don’t get me wrong, I like some of the new systems in Remix, but… and this is where I am lost in this, that feeling of doing MoP content again doesn’t have that same feeling as when Vanilla, LK and Cata had/have their own launches.

First, it’s gated by a time limit to play of 95 days. We have all of retails systems in place, not the nostalgic MoP ones. Don’t get me wrong, I like all the new shiny things they have added. The mogs, trinkets, mounts, toys, etc. But it feels like Chromie Time, but with a new bit of polish on the fenders.

I’ll just say it. I want MoP, not just any old MoP, the MoP that we logged in on the day of launch without all the server issues we had that day. I want the talents; the feeling and I don’t mind if you throw in the new shiny stuff. I just don’t want Retail in Panda land.

Thank you for letting me rant a little and reading. Please be nice to me.

3 Likes
1 Like

“gated”. “Gait” is how one walks.

3 Likes

Sounds like you want MoP Classic which is fair enough. Not sure you needed to write an essay.

6 Likes

they have done an excellent job on this offering. it simply may not be something you will enjoy, it’s the risk they take with new content and if the buy in is too long or tedious for some of us, so be it.

leveling since 2005 I find that " been there, seen that" literally have the T shirt is weighing me down.

I said, please be kind. :wink: and I fixed it.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/would-you-play-remop-without-the-mogs-you-wouldnt/1855594

Hypocrite.

3 Likes

Too bad, sometimes that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Being a hypocrite isn’t a “too bad” situation. It’s willful ignorance.

5 Likes

And yet here it seems to be.

Eh, you’ve shown your true colors plenty of times. Stay bitter my friend.

4 Likes

Does being a clown all the time ever get exhausting? It sounds exhausting.

3 Likes

This is going in a different direction that I was thinking, but :popcorn:

Back on topic: the feeling you have for an expansion launch depended equally on the person you were at the time. Doing the same content over again will not re-capture that feeling, regardless of talents or class design or what have you, because you’re not that person anymore.

1 Like

It’s ok. I’m not going to be playing it seriously. 3 main problems:

1. Retail talents/abilities makes it feel like retail
  2. Level scaling, lack of servers, and all of the other modern updates makes it feel like retail
  3. The gems are just kind of annoying

I already got the phoenix at lvl 20 and to get the legendary cloak(s) I’ll probably just have to reach max level.

I think I’d play it more seriously if they released recolors of the challenge mode sets.

3 Likes

If you want MoP Classic, I’m certain it will be coming up soon in 2026.

3 Likes

2025 iirc? Aren’t they doing all of Cata Classic in 1 year?

He is also one of the biggest trolls on the forums… I hope eventually the mods see this.

3 Likes

My opinion is people should post MOP Remix topics in the MOP Remix forum.

2 Likes

Do you realize how true this is. The guild I was in at the time was amazing. When it fell apart in WoD, the game hasn’t been the same since.

1 Like