MoP remix. Golden oppurtinity to introduce 4 more allied races

Would love a Yaungol allied race, or at least customizations. Have loved them since MoP originally released.

facts. no friends during mop.
outside of mop?
best buds all around.

And the focus is MoP. Which means no, they shouldn’t be neutral. Because the focus is MoP.

1 Like

Don’t forget Saurok! Perfect for a playable Horde race! :lizard:

if you want more info on that idea, feel free to check out my shameless self promotion here:

:meat_on_bone::crocodile: :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

theres two focuses.
mop and dragonflight.
which dragon flight happened after bfa and shadowchan. believe in neutrality

Where’d they find the second one?

Mogu Alliance
Yuangol Horde
Hozen Horde
Jinyu Alliance

Add in the Saurok for Horde

Then to make it even… Sethrak for Alliance.

2 Likes

im all for sethy but i wonder if there might be another race in mop… maybe… something lucky-do?

1 Like

I have always wanted to play a Mogu. Always.

1 Like

Hell I’d take the Grommels for Alliance. That would be neat!

No. This is a limited-time event intended for leveling, cosmetics, and experiencing old content in a new way, not new allied races in any capacity, and it’s completely separate from normal retail gameplay until the event ends and our characters are moved back to the present. Allied races are an advertised feature introduced as part of major patches, not limited-time events, and Blizzard isn’t going to pull four new ones out of their butts when the event is already live.

All of the “new” rewards in Remix are unused recolors of existing gear, mounts, and pets that they never released the first time around. From this, I doubt the art team would be interested in inventing four new allied races, customizations and all, none of which are slight edits of existing races like void elves, Lightforged, and Highmountains are, and only one of which have female models. Hell, the models they have now are pretty dated compared to every existing playable race other than pandaren.

second person with this idea. where is this coming from?
im just saying to introduce it, never said to tie it directly into the event itself…

It would, but beyond hozen would anyone be exited for the other 3?

That’s now how it works. Allied races are part of their expansion’s overarching story, DF’s story just ended with the Dark Heart questline, and TWW has a long way to go. An event about traveling through time to reexperience an old expansion doesn’t translate to our faction leaders or a third party in the present telling us to go recruit races from a continent that was last relevant for one patch in BfA, especially when we no longer have our main reasons for finding allies at that time: the Fourth War, the fight against Azshara, and the fight against N’Zoth.

Forgive and forget it was YEARS ago.

Hey now, who said anything about balance.

1 Like

Uh? You do know, that is what Garrosh did with WoD?

Lorewise, Hozen are among the shortest-lived races in WoW.

Hozen elders are around twenty years of age, and most don’t live that long at all.

The average lifespan is like fourteen for a Hozen. Likely shorter.

Also, Hozen as a race, are fine. The Monkey King has been returning regularly since MoP, he’s part of the Legion Monk BrM quests, and is even present in BfA, chilling on his Hozen throne in Zuldazar, flanked by flying monkeys.

Good point.

Jinyu and Hozen should have been present since Pandaria. They’re official members of The Horde/Alliance.

I really dig the idea of samurai fish folk, though I like the deep sea version from Nazjatar a little bit more than the pearlfin.