MoP remix. Golden oppurtinity to introduce 4 more allied races

Mogu.
Yaungol
Hozen
Jinyu
As for what faction. id say all neutral.

12 Likes

I rather like Hozen, some of their native language is…colourful, shall we say. :wink:

9 Likes

ook in the dook.

4 Likes

so much work for mordern blizzard, best we can do is a dwarf reskin

10 Likes

That would be a lot of work to add to content that’s supposed to be filler until the next expansion.

3 Likes

I think, since we’re messing with time, that you’re right this would be a good opportunity to reintroduce classes or customization options that otherwise wouldn’t make sense. And some of your suggestions would work either way even if we didn’t do time shenanigans.

2 Likes

The alliance actively massacred the hozen and the horde actively massacred the jinyu.

7 Likes

Yup. Here, take dwarves, but this time with some fire effects! Oh, take dwarves… again… but this time with rainbow pimples, so it’s a totally new race!!! Now give us all your money and praise us for our great new expansion, which isn’t just a bunch of recolors and reskins under a new name :smiley:

We’re still talking about WoW lore, right? Blood Elves massacred by Orcs and Trolls… Pandaren massacred by the Zandalari, etc.? Gatekeeping races because of WoW lore… yeah… no.

2 Likes

The point to MoP remix is to experience the time period for the infinites with another perspective. MoP was, and is a faction conflict expansion. The entire leveling experience is Horde and Alliance having tension, flipping one another off in various locations throughout the map, etc. Throne of Thunder was Sunreavers vs. Kirin Tor. We hold hands again at the end for the sake of overthrowing Garrosh but none of those races were even around or important for that. They were only exposed to the faction conflict.

Them being neutral makes no sense.

5 Likes

timey whimey magic makes everyone friends.

I genuinely cannot think of a worse idea than gating the unlock requirements for an allied race behind a 95 day rehash event.

1 Like

stop it clown. no one said that.
you silly billy.

2 Likes

They couldn’t even release it without screwing up the scaling. 4 more races to create, test and balance might make their collective two braincells implode.

2 Likes

I actually submitted a suggestion yesterday to Blizz, asking them to consider either making Yaungol a playable race, or maybe we could do a quest to unlock them as another Tauren appearance.

No. Not really. Not when the whole goal is to preserve the timeline.

3 Likes

Best reply I’ve ever received tbh.

Mogu should be Alliance. The Rajani are loyal to the Titans. Titans are literally Alliance-content for the most part.

yeah preserve the friendship timeline.

The Rajani in particular watch over the engine of Nalak-sha. Idk if any of them would want to leave it unguarded, especially since they lost their keeper. The Golden Lotus and Shado-pan, who didn’t have huge numbers in the first place, took big losses in MoP and Nya’lotha.

Not that the problem of numbers stopped Blizzard before, considering the Thalassians.

Nobody was friends in MoP. You can’t rewrite history because you want something. That’s not how that works.

1 Like