Moon Guard Sharding

I thought the sharding in the cities had been fixed, but I just logged into a completely empty mage quarter. Please look into turning it back off again. Thank you.

No one here can make that happen or take suggestions to the people who can. You’ll want to post in either General Discussion or your realm forums.

2 Likes

You need to elaborate what issue with sharding you are having and what do you mean by “fixed”.

It’s the middle of the night for most players in North and South America.

How do you know it is on at the moment? An empty Mage Quarter is not enough evidence. Quest phasing can make Stormwind empty of other players with no sharding involved at all. Where specifically in the Mage Quarter?

I have a character on Moon Guard. I went to Stormwind on that character. She’s too low for any quest phasing to be interfering. I saw two players in the Mage Tower. None in any of the open areas of the Mage Quarter. i think it’s possible your issue may just be time-of-day.

2 Likes

Can confirm there are sharding issues. We tested it with our guild on MG. Many of us could not see each other, and we keep trying to meet up in various locations and end up needing to group up. Every time we group up, we phase into seeing different people. We noticed it yesterday, and it seems to be continuing this morning.

So yes, to those saying ‘you can’t know’, we do know!

Still not a CS issue.

1 Like

Honestly, it doesn’t fit in most forum topics. General Discussion is not for resolution of problems, and it is rare to manage communication with any Blizzard reps there unless the post has pulled substantial clout.

It isn’t necessarily a technical support issue, as individual computers are not the cause of the problem. It also isn’t really a bug and doesn’t fit in the Bug Report forum, as sharding is part of the game.

It’s a previous agreement between Blizzard and the player base to lift sharding on Stormwind for roleplay realms to ensure their interactions are not hindered.

I’m sure if it was deemed an inappropriate posting a rep would address it and redirect it. In fact I would love if they did, because we would know where it should be posted to ensure it actually works toward communicating the concern back to them.

Actually, it fits in the Bug Report Forums perfectly. You feel that it’s not working properly, so you would report it as a bug.

Edit: Just to expand on this a little and explain why the bug report forum is the right place, when you report a bug there, the QA team takes a look into it. They would do the testing to see if the shards were working or not and pass it along to the dev. team to fix.

Edit #2: Looks like this got moved from CS to Bug Reports for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Make a Bug Report either in-game or in the Bug Report forum

Reports submitted in this fashion will not receive a response. Instead, they’ll be directed to the teams responsible for addressing them.

The only indication you may get that the bug has been addressed may be it working properly. It may be listed in a hotfix or patch.

1 Like

Blues can pass it along sometimes. As a courtesy. This being Sunday it would wait in a queue regardless.

1 Like

I appreciate the responses, and I did go ahead and check CS guidelines and the purpose of the forum.

“The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives.”

Discuss in-game issues. That’s all. Sharding works as intended and is not disrupting physical gameplay for those doing content, which is why it is not a bug. I’m just hoping that by confirming the issue for original poster and providing information on having experimented to determine if sharding was re-applied as they reported, it could help move toward discovering if it is intended, if it can be resolved, etc.

I’m going to stop here as I don’t want to send the conversation derailing entirely. Hopefully a resolution is discovered. Later folks!

For the OP at the very least, if you group up with RP friends in the meantime, you’ll be able to at least get in some RP while we wait for it to be resolved! :slight_smile:

Just a tip: The CS forum is basically a help desk, not really saying “This is happening, this should be looked into.” It’s more for getting pointed towards the right spot. THe blues in the CS forum is unable to make changes, pass along feedback, requests or the like. As I said, it’s more to get input on where to go, which area to file a ticket and such.

1 Like

Yessir! That’s why I said earlier I hoped they could point us in the right direction. It’s a bit of an out of the box situation given it’s an issue of the game working properly being the disruptive concern.

And it’s been moved. Problem solved

1 Like

“Hey, this thing is working as intended but is disruptive to a certain part of the community, where to address it?”

Your response is to flame people instead of being productive. How classy! In any case. Hope the original issue is addressed and it doesn’t get lost in the bug forum, given it isn’t broken per se. Might have been nice to get a proper answer instead.

Over react much?
Where did I flame you?

You asked that it be moved to the proper forum. It was. Problem solved.

1 Like