Monk in PvP

Is it just me, or are Windwalker Monks not that good in PvP atm? I see so few of them and i myself got trained pretty hard by Shadow Priest, Warlock … and it seems against other Classes i do little Damage.

Which of the three Monk specializations is strongest right now in PvP? I keep see allot Mistweavers … but not so much Windwalkers or Brewmasters. If there is a Tank, its usual Warrior, Demon Hunter, Druid.

Anyone care to share some insight?

I am the strongest, MW

So in PvP MW is the only one worth playing? … thats what you want to say?

they r really good .

theres a few that play in top 100 of 3v3 bracket as WW.

very insane burst, insane mobility, decent utility . overall A tier class imo.

Ww is a bit squishy in group fights, but they have lots of mobility to escape.

In 3v3 they’re amazing. One of the best melee specs.

Yeah i felt that too. I ran some BGs on my Unholy Death Knight(430iLevel) and on my WW Monk(440iLevel) … and the WW definitely felt more squish then the DK. ANd looking around, the only Monks iyou see quite some in BGs are Mistweaver. It is very rare to see a WW …

Yeah, everytime when i had one in a 1on1 i could beat them, or bring them low on HP … but most of the time there are a myriad Healers around and it looks like you punch rubber.

WW is strong. I was going to say your problem might be gear related but if you have 440 item level on the monk then maybe the way you are playing it is wrong or perhaps you aren’t using the best talents.

You’d have to link the monk’s armory.

Well as i wrote before, i think that’s a BG problem. I ran several Arenas and there while feeling squishy i didn’t feel like i do no damage. As i said, in BGs 1on1 it felt ok.

I would need to see what Talents and PvP Talents others use in Arena, i most certainly not use the right Setup plus what happens allot is i get shutdown hard, Stun’s Slowdown’s …

I fought a Shadow Priest in a Warsong and all he did was keep run away from me and kite me like crazy, there was just no way to get anywhere close to him. Terror, Slow, Fear … and of course DoT DoT DoT and running.

Just like that Arcane Mage in Arena. It was only me and him left, but there was no getting anywhere near him, lol. If i was on my DK, i would have enough Ranged stuff to throw at him, but on the Monk? Blink Blink and Arcane Barrage +50% running speed, Frost Nova, the whole 9yards.

Yeah in a fair 1on1 i not have a problem, though in PvP it doesn’t feel like i do killer damage. The frustrating times are always when there are Healers running around and you focus them but you just cant down them solo, and the rest of your team doesn’t help.
Same if you fight a DPS and he has a Healer up his Rectum.

Ugh, i would link a Armory, but i reset my gear yesterday, was playing with the thought of switching to MistWeaver for PvP. Because in those Epic BG failures as melee there isn’t allot you can do anyway.

2v2, and 3v3 are full of WW monks

Arguably the best 1v1 spec in the game.

WW definitely not going to be most desirable spec for BGs but have their niche spot for healer pressure and flag running.

1 Like

Yeah, i see other Monks rarely in BGs, most of the time if there are 4-5 Monks in a Epic BG its max one WW and the others are MW.
As said, Arena was totally Different.

I found as ww in rbgs if you let me take the place as the rogue to harass off bases. I could take it, or the enemy would have to send multiple and weaken their team fight.

He blinks drop your transcendence and roll, if he displaces back teleport, if he blinks again drop transcendence again and roll after him, frost nova tiger lust, remember to keep the disable on him also remember it roots and paralysis refreshes the slow on disable. That’s not even including Ring of Peace which you should most definitely have. And that’s just how to deal with them in open field.

Also about feeling squishy you might not have enough versatility. Yes in larger team fights like in bgs or even 3s you will have to kite a lot more if you are the focus. Setting your transcendence behind a pillar where your healer is near is key. The reason you dont see that many monks is because we have always been the least represented class since we came out.

1 Like

I tend to find monk like feral druid both are good at 1v1s but in team fights they drop very fast IMO its a strong spec otherwise

1 Like

We where talking BGs … i think … RBGs are a total different beast then the common rabble i run. I not like RBGs that much … but guess that’s the bane of big group combat.

Yeah i mean i know what Arcane can do, i have a Arcane Mage myself(don’t do PvP on it, or play it allot though) … i guess Arcane Mage is beatable as WW with enough experience in it. Which i lack :kissing_heart:

I am at 15% Versatility as i aim at it, so every Gem and Enchant is Versi(plus i got the 440 Alchemy Trinket, which also has Versi) … so i not know whats considered high versatility …
To the theme of Kiting … the normal BGs i run i think not allot Monks go in because they the focus without support. If i have other DPS help me peel and a Healer that heals … no problem. But normal BGs are always a mess.

I haven’t had a pocket healer in a couple of xpacs as most of the people I use to que with are gone these days. But I can go toe to toe in grp fights and usually come out on top dmg and or top kbs.

I’m base at 20% and in bgs I run Inner Strength talent so baseline sitting at 20% dmg reduc. And then with conflict and strife rank 3 in a stun I am anywhere from 20% dmg reduc to I seen about 42% reduction.

Also about wading in http://imgur.com/a/sRBMEl9

A good habit is to set teleport back where the team pushed in from, most maps minus seething shore has some good los to take advantage of

WW monks are god in PvP. Arena, wpvp, and BG’s.

What you’re experiencing is just lack of experience. You said it yourself. There is no way on this earth a shadow priest could kite “anyone” let alone one of thee most unkiteable class in the game.

I would really like to see a picture like this, of a normal BG your side Lost

ALso interesting, how many PvP Items you use. Almost everything out of M+ or Raid. 3 Items from PvP.

Yeah i think so too. I mean i did do like said, PvP in every Expansion including Vanilla. And every time it’s different. The power shifted.

With that Shadow Priest, too sad i didn’t record it, to dissect what did really happen there. Like i said, i was constantly Slowed, which was pretty weird to me.
But yeah, in a BG you can’t always run optimized Talent/PvPTalent setups like you can in a Arena.

1 Like

Here are a couple of movies of my monk from 8.0/8.1/8.1.5. You can see that I didn’t have issues with surviving. This would have been with mostly full conquest cap pvp gear so I was typically lower item level than the people I was fighting.

Surviving is all about using your defensives to counter offensive pressure and in the case of the monk using your mobility and transcendence to get some heals off.

That said, I haven’t been doing bgs on monk in 8.2 but I doubt things are that different since my monk feels pretty strong in world pvp even in 1vN situations.

Anyway, take a look to see what a monk can be doing to help survive in bgs. You’ll see in many cases that I try to avoid bad situations before they happen.

Well I have gotten only 3 things to drop from pvp from wins a trophy I used to upgrade a ring and then the ring in question twice. A 4th time a larger ilvl version of it. Notice how everything I use has vers on it. Most of the pvp items dont. Pvp isnt really all that viable of a way to gear.

https://imgur.com/a/XQSZwPe

What you see very good in that video, is how many tools you use. In the first fight against the Rogue he nearly had you … then you pulled a Third Wind potion +50% HP, clearly visible.

Yeah, horray RNG. Would also not be the first time, Blizzard screwed up the Items you gain in PvP …but its sad that you have to do PvE to do PvP.

Yeah that’s not bad. But yeah i did some Arenas, i didn’t have a survival problem in Arenas or the normal BGs … only those Epic ones … lol, i know.

ANyway thanks for all the insight guys! I really appreciate it.