Monk in PvP

WW are good in bg. Perhaps people don’t like the playstyle.

Are you talking about random BGs or rated BGs? A lot of people use saltwater potions but damage isn’t a problem with monk. I highly suggest using third wind potions along with the defensive that increases your health. That has really good synergy. Another thing to use would be free action potions.

Also, you don’t see the parts were I survive with 4+ DPS on me? :slight_smile:

Monk has pretty good defensive tools.

Uh, every melee has a bad time in epic bgs if they are solo and get into the zerg fights. With a group I often topped KBs in AV on my monk. When alone I do side objectives for smaller fights.

I’ve had a lot of good fights at docks, mines etc in IoC and the mines in AV when solo. When grouped, pick your spot to fight. A good place is near a tower with your transcendence set up top while you fight at the bottom.

Yep I hate it, I haven’t done so much pve since cata. And that’s just cause I wanted to. Now I feel forced too

1 Like

Yeah every melee … that hits it. The first time i did that new BG where you jump down a airship, to Azerite Nodes … i jumped down and found myself in the midst of Enemy Faction … lets just say, i didn’t suffer too much lol.

I usually do that, too. In AV to go for the Towers. But to be honest modern AV is less about the zerg at either the Bridge of the Alliance … or the Entrance of the Horde base.
The others, like Isle of Conquest … you kinda have to take Hangar, otherwise the Enemy Faction shoots from that Airship … and man do those cannons hurt … there is not even a indicator that you are under fire and i have a hard time looking up.

And yeah … i need to utilize Transcendence a heck lot more.

What they should do, is introduce some Points System again. Reward certain activities with Points like … you did a Heroic Dungeon? Here have some Points. You did a BG? Here some points. You did Arena? Have some Points. You killed a Raid Boss? Here some Points.
And then with those Points, the Player decides what he want to buy. PvP Gear? PvE Gear?
The Separation, between Stats on PvE Gear and PvP Gear in Burning Crusade was not all that bad. PvE Gear had allot AP on it, PvP Gear Crit and Resilience(if memory serves).

But i think this Blizzard has to rediscover … to present allot options and then give the Player the choice what he/she wants.
They took Player Choice away, when they killed the old Talent Trees. I didn’t actually mind in Cataclysm that much that you now had to “Select a Main Specialization” … but you had allot more options how to customize your Character. And Talent Points didn’t need to be earned through stupid AP grinds. You had them through leveling up and then got stronger through gear.

Granted, all the Azerite Traits do feel like the old Set Bonuses … with a added Player choice, but it is way too Gear focused … and in M+ you can’t really farm that one piece … because Azerite Pieces are super limited.

1 Like

I don’t even queue epics anymore. I mean once in a while I do, but I usually get WG or Ashran and I can’t stand the epic bg version of those so I bail.

Actually … they all crap, apart from Alterac Valley.
In Isle of Conquest i get hit by the Airship Cannon 200k as Tank … three hits and i’m toast.
I just was in Winter Grasp, the Tower Turrets hit for 50k on my Unholy Death Knight. Same it is with the Vehicles, 50k hits.

The best is, there is no graphical indicator that some5ing is going to hit that spot. I mean the Vehicles are ok to not show it …
but the Tower Cannons and those Airship Cannons should. You run, and suddenly out of the sky you get blown to hell.

WW ist the spec to stay in a huge melee brawl and survive. You are just to squishy. Our moves are designed to be very bursty, so fly in, drop some burst and roll out to peel for the healers