Mods, close this thread pls, got derailed and spammed by memes

You fit right in this thread, my misguided lady.

1 Like

I think they should all make some sort of discord.

You know a safe space to pat themselves on the back and talk about all the cringey commentary. I nominate Curse or Galien as the admin though.

1 Like

They already do. It’s called the Story Forum discord.

You probably don’t even have to guess whose image is plastered as the server icon either. :smiley:

Your curious fantasies explain much.

1 Like

Shot in the dark here but Mussolini?

Close enough.

And they were killed for it.

Fixed that for you.

Because they are in a defensless city (as Delaryn says).
None inside the tree have taken a single stick against the Horde yet.
The Horde basically had civilians in their custody but decided to kill them execution style because of some obscure reason.

Just like real life if you kill someone execution style you get a much more harsher punishment than if you were to accidently kill someone.
In war the “accident” is referred to collateral damage.

2 Likes

You aren’t the “he” I was referring to. I was only referring to the OP, that Jojo troll guy.

I would say the difference between a soldier and a civilian is far more than that. Training and the actual capacity to do harm, for one. But fine, let’s say a portion of the civilians were resisting, and were a threat which needed to be handled. I’ll compromise with you for the sake of my goal, which is:

So less than huge, but not zero? What does that mean? In-game depictions of lore events will never be on the same scale as the events themselves, as we can see with the depictions of in-game events through other mediums which can more easily portray the scale (Elegy and A Good War for example).

If we are shown civilians cowering and being burned alive, as we are shown in BoD, then it stands to reason that the lore event occurred on a broader scale than in-game could depict. I’ll work with you even more! Let’s say the in-game depiction was fairly accurate, and it was “only” on that scale. That’s still enough civilian deaths (even not counting the deaths of the shoppers who resisted) to stand by my point. Your Honor.

We can argue whether the city was mostly civilians, perhaps I was wrong in that. HOWEVER, civilian deaths DID, more likely than not, occur, and they WERE, more likely than not, majority unjustified. They were not merely collateral either, they were targeted attacks.

I think I’ve given you some fair concessions. Could I get a little baby concession? A tiny one?

I didn’t call in the cavalry or anything, lol. We all have to juggle dogpiles every now and again. This trend of acting as if one side or the other is more prone to forum ****ery is already wearing on me. It’s like one political party trying to accuse the other of being corrupt.

I welcome getting ganged up on. It’s actually a running theme in my Warcraft fanfiction dream journal.

3 Likes

What concession you want?

That I put Teldrassil at the same level as Dazaralor like Cursewords seems to argue for?

Oh my god dude you didn’t even read my post did you? Bye.

1 Like

I did. It just doesn’t make any sense?

Who care if the city is full of civilians.
You what? The whole city is an orphanage. Can’t get anymore innocent than that.

What matters is the intent.

1 Like

Asking someone to expect a concession derived from your twisted logic is a bit unfair.

You said:

You said that.

You said civilians attacking encroaching invaders makes them combatants.

Since Elegy makes every Night Elven civilian a weapon, you defend the Burning of Teldrassil.

You guys see they gave movie Sonic gloves?

6 Likes

I know your forces burned me and my family to death in an invasion on my city when my only crime was being there at the wrong time, Mr. Anduin, but you didn’t mean to. It’s okay.

You’re moving the goalposts to avoid conceding. I didn’t believe you had the humility to concede anything in the first place. Wasn’t holding my breath.

1 Like

Just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean that you are guilty of it.
Don’t worry, I fully understand that you are morally challenged.

Basic concepts are foreign to you.

3 Likes

Show me one Zandalari family that was killed as you describe?
All we saw were some civilians running around, some others fighting and etc…

Nothing ever referenced to directly.

1 Like

I do not agree with your gibberish.

According to your nonsense, a civilian who favors the Horde is a combatant. A civilian who favors the Alliance is a victim who must be allowed to assail their conquerors.

A civilian who picks up a weapon and joins the battle is then a combatant yes.
Thats how it works.

Don’t pick up a weapon if you don’t expect to be shot back at.
It is a pretty straightforward concept.

Do you have trouble reading?

The Night Elven civilians from Ashenvale to Darkshore took up arms against the Horde.

The Night Elves based in Teldrassil are an Alliance civilian population who took up arms against the Horde during their conquest in the War of Thorns.

If a Zandalari shop keeper defending his property makes Zandalar a place to kill civilians at will for the Alliance - Teldrassil is rightfully the same.

I literally just spent like four posts explaining to you how civilians were killed by the Dark Irons. You then claimed the ones killed were combatants, not civilians.

THAT IMPLIES YOU AGREE THERE WERE PEOPLE BEING KILLED. YES?

I then posited that, seeing as the Dark Irons were spewing fire indiscriminately and slaying resistance, it stands to reason that civilians were being killed. You yourself mention collateral damage.

THAT IMPLIES YOU AGREE CIVILIANS WERE BEING KILLED.

Then you made a claim that it was not the action itself (that action being slaughtering civilians) but that it was the intention.

THAT IMPLIES YOU AGREE CIVILIANS WERE BEING KILLED. AT LEAST AS COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

I have done my best to work within the goalposts you’ve been moving around. You are literally the most insufferable forum poster I’ve ever encountered. You respond to long, detailed explanations with three lines, every time. I’m not entitled to your time in that regard, that’s fine. But if you insist upon being this way, then clearly you have never had any interest in genuine story discussion, and you’d prefer to simply make your points and never leave them and only shift the goalposts while idiots like me dance for your amusement.

3 Likes