Mods, close this thread pls, got derailed and spammed by memes

Can we talk about this? Better this than Cursewords’s pointless Civil War analogy, made only to stir controversy on an already controversial thread.

5 Likes

I did not even read the majority of your post. I don’t give other people more than 5 seconds!

But in those 5 seconds, I saw some words that stuck out! I object! Let me begin a meandering diatribe as to why…

(I kid)

1 Like

Mood

3 Likes

GURANDORU BUREIDORU

10char

2 Likes

By god, Spud, normally your posts make me roll my eyes but this is making me panic. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not get into an actual, bona fide godsdamned Civil War arguement on here? On these video game forums? Please?

Listen, she’s a female character, Grandblade. I must ONLY like her for two reasons: feminizm, or boobs. I made my cake, now I have to lie in it.

7 Likes

Goes doubly for Cursewords, who brought up the comparison in the first place. Star Wars safe. Civil War not safe.

Zug zug.

2 Likes

Area is clear

[Disney announces that GoT writers will write the next SW movie]

NOT CLEAR NOT CLEAR

5 Likes

I used to love Star Wars. Amazing how they’ve killed every ounce of my interest in it in less than a year.

4 Likes

What’s got you so spooked, orc? Show me where did the Civil War touch you?

Less than a year? When I watcher A New Hop…The Force Awakens I was already sad.

And about the subsequent movies I expected nothing and I’m still let down.

Except Rogue One, that was beautiful

2 Likes

Sounds kinda gross, but also kinda decadent.

I’m on board.

2 Likes

Funny enough, I held the same attitude about TFA as I did with the first three episodes of GoT S8. I thought it was building towards something great… and then TLJ came out, and I realized it was all lost.

Save for Rogue One, yes. More of that plz

3 Likes

The pages upon pages of WWII comparisons I had to ****ing wade through during the prepatch is what. The pages upon pages of casually mentioning and trivializing ACTUAL REAL LIFE GENOCIDES AND HUMAN SUFFERING IN THE REAL LIFE so a bunch of nerds can win internet points about a stupid online game with dumb lore we play for fun.

/goes to a Holocaust museum, sits on a bench next to a crying family, sighs
“Man, this is just like the Battle of Darkshore. I better make a new thread.”

4 Likes

Referencing history and drawing parallels to an existing story is alright.
In fact many writers like GRRM use history to write their stories.
Game of Thrones is heavily based on War of Roses.

Making fun of actual events just to discount them in a stupid nerd argument is what is wrong and from my experience only Horde fanboys seem to regale in it.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that.

Yes, though I would specify that a portion of my initial complaint was also because Spud wasn’t even relating his point about the Civil War to the lore or to WoW at all, he was just…making a statement about a real-life thing. On a WoW forum, which is too absurd for me. It’s like getting into an argument about Communism on a random YouTube video about a cat eating potato chips–

Oh Thrall’s Balls. Can you chill for like…five minutes? You were doing so good recently.

4 Likes

Star Wars going down to the hole is so tragic for me, particularly. I’m extremely found of the saga not only because of the story and fantasy itself, but also because I discovered it when my old man showed it to me. We used to watch the movies together eating popcorn, everything used to be fine and easy. That created a bond much bigger than just a fanboy relation, it is personal and emotional, brings me back to a time when I had no worries and was closer to him.

“Take me back to the age of innocence”

Seeing what they are doing to the saga hurts me on a personal level, it’s like watching the sea destroying that wonderful sand castle that you built and you are proud of, but then you are powerless to do anything about its imminent ruin.

3 Likes

I tried. I really did.

Then you got brilliant horde fanboy minds questioning what constitutes genocide (IN REAL LIFE) and making fun of school shootings.
I am done giving the fanboys any benefit of a doubt.

Its like there is no bar low enough these people won’t cross just to justify this idiotic story just because it happens to concern team red.
It is mindblowing.

1 Like

Have I timewarped again? Is it Sunday already?

1 Like

Just calling out typical Horde fanboy BS.
They don’t wait for sunday so neither do I lol.

1 Like

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7aTaAgUK1qcv1WE/giphy.gif

3 Likes