Mistweaver needs an Update

Mist. I really do not have mana issues at all. I cleave heal (even if my target gets full lmao) via Clouded focus to aoe heal if I need to, and enveloping spam during yulon + tea is 3k mana

corrosive dosage is a very different effect, since it encourages spamming unlike the much longer effect of acid rain.

The way I see it is that when fistweaving, there are a lot of mechanics that makes you keep moving. Once we deplete one instant Vivify, we have to hard cast soothing mist costing us mobility, and GCDs to ramp heals.

Permanent instant Vivify is a straight solution to the clunky feel.

When we need big meaty heals that’s where SG comes in

Unless you are casting a lot (3+) into a single target (which as you said is a good point for SG) casting soothing mist is a trap.

2 Likes

And the community perception is still bad. It’s pretty tough to get invites to pugs as MW, and once this week when I did get an invite, I was sitting watching the lead fill up the group and filter applicants. An Evoker signed up as heals with an almost identical io and gear score as me. I thought to myself, “Wait for it…” Sure enough, I was removed from the group. I’m not angry about it, Evokers bring more to the table than MW does, and people want the best chance they can at timing their keys. There just should not such a huge disparity in the classes, imo.

3 Likes

The community perception is justified.

MW do not bring lust or brez.
Healing output is ~20% below evoker.
Evoker wears mail and take much less dmg.
Evoker has much more instant BIG heals in their toolkit. Golden Hour is awesome in dealing with damage spikes.

If I’m the group lead, I wouldn’t take a MW over an evoker.

1 Like

All (and only) healers should have brez. This is an awful way to diversify healing specs and limits party composition.

edit: Or, make a brez item with the same cooldown, but required melee range.

4 Likes

Engineering can actually provide glasses with a melee-range brez.

1 Like

Oh right! I forgot about that. Remove the backfire chance and call it a day.

MW Healing output was 20% below Evoker like 2 patches ago. It’s closer now, though evoker is obviously still leading.

Evoker taking less damage is factually incorrect, and definitely a skill issue. Mistweaver has 2 (3 with fort brew talented) insanely good defensives that outvalue Evoker’s.

Everything else is correct. Regardless, MW is not in nearly as bad a state as you (or the community) seems to think. Utility issues are probably the most realistic one currently facing us, not throughput.

2 Likes

There’s also bracers too. I forget which profession does it, but that’s what I use. Again has a chance to backfire even with the addition of the item that removes catastrophic failure.

Even some little things like… Song of Chi-Ji creating NO aggro, being able to skip mobs^^
Not extremely good but nice to have^^

Outside of enjoying MW playstyles there is absolutely no reason to play it. Its worse in all regards to other healers, sans disc priest in raid but they are the only class with two heal specs. The recent talent changes are nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig. MW is simply functionally broken. The amount of setup required to do most things with the class offers little reward compared to say setup on a druid. Not to mention, a druid get its setup faster than a mw.

Pushing 1700+ io i was struggling as MW but swapped Rdruid and was pushing +10s in 360 gear with a 342 tank on the the third day. MW simply isnt designed to handle the M+ content we have.

Well I’m glad you enjoy druid. It sounded like you didn’t enjoy MW.

1700 doesnt even need 15s, and you were struggling? questionable.

If his ILv is 380 then it’s not. Yea every healer can do 20s if they have enough ILv but you can do 20s with Evoker and Rdruid 10 ILv lower than MW. It’s a really stupid thing to say every class can do X without considering the minimum gear requirement in RPG games (I am talking to dev of course).

1 Like

Fella, thats what we call a skill issue

If u cant handle fistweaving over 2k io your just straight up bad at the game, which is fine, just dont blame the game for your lack of skill.

youre aware we can all see youre raider IO right?

2 Likes

Hey i didnt say i was good at the game, at least i can admit it

OK thats fine, but coming here saying skill issue when you pushed to ksm on a handful of keys with 2500 rated players demeans us all. Timing a 15 with good players is meaningless when showing class balance. You arent even in gear relative to what the instance drops nor running with people who are.

The moment MW has to put in real work it just falls flat. This is why nobody is playing it. Its hot garbage. It simply cant push for the average or even above average player. It brings nothing to table that another healing class cant bring better. Druid will take me to KSH and ill be just average or even above average. Most MW will never reach KSH unless real changes come.

Megasett is ranking in the 150s as the best Monk healer in the game. Hell there is only like 100 people even over 2700io. There is absolutely no reason to try hard on a monk when you can just play something else without the hassle.