Mists Timerunning - You can grind currency and buy the world boss mounts

I have all the MoP raid mounts, and I don’t give two figs that other people will get them an easier way.

I do admit, the me that spent eight trillion years attacking the Sha of Anger to get the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent does wince. It was my only “rare” mount, lol.

If you want everything in this event, you are looking at a massive grind. There are gear transmog sets, toys, mounts and collecting Bronze to upgarde the gear. Tens of thousands of Bronze required, in effect.

But…you can work towards what you really want. I am enjoying testing it and will definatgely be playingit.

1 Like

It does look like a very large grind so not “free stuff” by any means.
Making myself a priority list - Those Pterrowing recolours, Any World boss/raid mounts I don’t have yet then wait to the end of the event and pick and choose what I can buy with the currency I have.

2 Likes

“massive grind”, bronze drops more and more as you level up, I don’t think it’ll be that big of a deal

I can’t wait to get my farm on. Going for All of it because apparently I have OCD and need it all.

YEEAAAAH don’t have to fight those stupid moonkins for the Huolon tag. PRAISE BE

2 Likes

If you were newish to the game and did not have the major mounts, the total amount of bronze required to get them all is 356,900.

I dont care how much more bronze drops, thats still a big number. And its just one set of collectibles.

I’m afraid it’s going to be hundreds of thousands for a lot of players. There really is a mind-boggling amount of stuff on offer here. You could hit six digits just collecting transmogs before even looking at things like toys and mounts lol

It’s nice to have it all laid out and to be able to decide exactly what you want to get though!

1 Like

Oh, does anyone know what the numbers are looking like, I haven’t seen anything on WoWhead? Or is still in the works.

I’ll be waiting for it to come to live, where All The Things will tell me how much bronze I need in order to buy everything I’m missing. :rofl: I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 7-digit figure tbh.

2 Likes

It should just be a :smiley: under currency needed tbh. Something so horrible patronising or ominous :smiley: :smiley: :coin:

1 Like

ok so if we divided that number by 100 and all bronze gains by the same would that make you feel better? Is the number itself looking too intimidating?

Or just a ‘yes’ would work too. That’s my current dumb thing that always get a laugh outta me. :laughing:

1 Like

How many attempts did you have on Pandaria world bosses before you got them? I had 4000 attempts on the Sha of Anger on my other account before they increased the drop rate. I got it that week.

Were Pandaria world bosses available on the BMAH? I don’t recall ever hearing that.

Blizzard pretty much broke my obsession with collecting mounts with the new must-farm-now-because-everything-in-the-game-is-going-away thing.

im a big fan of deterministic mount acquisition

there’s an end in sight that way

2 Likes

Same, I’ve got my mythic garrosh mount, for example, I’ve run back from the dino many a time. So for those who still don’t, the end is in sight!

1 Like

I’m a big believer in bad luck protection, borderline rare drop rates followed by a guaranteed drop after you reach a certain threshold.

2 Likes

I don’t currently plan to snag literally everything, but I will definitely be funneling a ton of Bronze toward what interests me. So, my own grind won’t be as bad as it may be for others, but I don’t doubt it will still be a sizeable one.

I wonder if there’s a cap on bronze currency.