Misclick Quest item

So I had a misclick evidently on the Onyxia head quest. Instead of getting the Onyxia tooth pendant the game gave me the Onyxia blood talisman, Ticket result tells me there is nothing that can be done. All I can say is thank you for the 4 gold vendor value of this item.

Misclicks happen and losing out on such an item, is well really not cool.

Thank you for the classic experience. Been a good 15 years but this is most likely my last straw with your games. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Best of luck wherever your gaming takes you. Policy today is the same as it was back then, GMs will not get involved with mistakes we make regarding loot.

10 Likes

its Unfortunate that it happend wish we could give u better new like a GM could switch the quest loot but unfortunately that wont happen Good luck in your future gaming.

3 Likes

Then pay closer attention to what you’re doing. The policy hasn’t changed in that “good 15 years” you’ve been playing.

8 Likes

You know the other posts where some what more helpful. Yours was not. All your post does is push me farther to make the decision to permanently pull the plug. Since knowing the Wow community as a whole. This is probably a good idea. Thanks buddy.

1 Like

False.
Blizzard has infact swapped quest rewards, they did in vanilla and they do in BFA.

Classic just has awful support.

2 Likes

No they didn’t

not getting what you want is not equal to bad support

4 Likes

Blizzard says otherwise.

Dearie me…

I’d recommend being mindful of that chip on your shoulder, too. It’s rather unbecoming.

5 Likes

You’re mistaken.

4 Likes

Thats why i’ve gotten items swapped before right?

1 Like

WoW classic isn’t vanilla.

We know, you classic players keep reminding us

We also know that you are frustrated because you cannot log in, trolling here is not gonna go well, especially when the mods come in.

3 Likes

To be clear, we do not generally swap quest rewards in Battle for Azeroth. As stated in the Support Article linked previously, the rewards are generally specific to your class/spec and therefore usable.

Previous to the change in how quests rewarded items we tend to only swap a quest reward if it were at level cap and you otherwise couldn’t use it or otherwise earn it again. It was not commonly done and had specific requirements to even considered making an exception.

That isn’t to say that we didn’t do something similar in vanilla, of course we did, but again it was conditional and not entirely common. It is important to understand though, we have had many iterations of policies over the years that have changed based on a number of factors.

1. Our desire to help players who make an honest mistake.
  2. Needed limitations to prevent abuse (where it no longer is an honest mistake but Support is used as a crutch from mindful decisions.
  3. Our staffs bandwidth and ability to get to folks who need help, primarily folks who are unable to play due to technical or account related issues.
  4. The overall vision of our devs and how they feel such matters should be addressed.

At the moment, WoW Classic has specific policies in place that otherwise prohibit us from granting that request, Zagara. If you would like to see a change to how those policies work the best advice I can give you is to provide that feedback in the Classic Discussion forum. A constructive civil discussion is best.

5 Likes