Received wrong item from quest due to lag

So this might be a new one. I was one of the people on Yojamba server to complete the Scarab Lord quest chain. Anyone who was on the server during the 10 hour war can attest to how laggy the server was during the opening and even during most of the war even until the end of it. This would have most likely been very similar across most servers.

Towards the end of the war I went to hand in the quest Treasure of the Timeless One. I had initially clicked Shadowsong’s Sorrow, before completing the quest I realized I had the wrong item selected. I clicked on Fang of Korialstrasz. I then attempted to click complete quest. It didn’t go through, so I clicked it a number of times and once again didn’t complete the quest. I gave up and started running away because there was too many horde around and was going to complete the quest later. 20 - 30 seconds after clicking the complete quest it finally came up with a notification that the quest had been completed and I received an item in my bags. However this wasn’t the Fang that I had selected but the Shadowsong’s Sorrow.

Now I know normally quest rewards aren’t able to be changed and the Dev’s have made this clear in the past. However I’m making an appeal as it wasn’t an item that I had chosen that was wrong. I had the correct item selected at the time of completing quest, but received the wrong item in my bags.

I never got to finish the quest in time back in the days of Vanilla wow. So this chain had a bit of sentimentality to me. I have kept every letter, every item received from all the quests during it as a matter of collection. The Fang was not only an item I had always wanted back in the day but it was also going to be an upgrade. Yes, C’thun’s mace is better, etc. had I made an honest mistake and actually completed the quest with wrong item selected then I would wear it. But I believe this should be rectified as the error was made due to server lag, and GM’s don’t seem to want to help.

Developers arent gona switch quest rewards they have no way of knowing what was accidental and what was intentional as it was in vanilla till know GM will not switch quest loot. Even if it were possible its only doable via ticket.

1 Like

The blues here are SFA’s - Support Forum Agents. They are not empowered to override GM/Developer decisions.

You will need to either summit a support ticket or appeal one that was already closed out.

You chose that to begin with. Regrets when choosing a quest reward is not something they help with regardless of how you spin the tale. I have chosen the wrong thing myself many times.

I’m sorry but you did chose that quest reward to begin with and the wrong one was not put into your bags.

You must have misread what I wrote. Clicking through different rewards shouldn’t matter, just the last one that’s selected upon clicking “complete quest”. I clicked the wrong one initially, but then pressed the correct one before pressing complete quest. When I pressed complete quest I didn’t end up with the reward that I had finally selected.

1 Like

Best I can say is put in a ticket.

Be clear and and concise with the ticket. I am sorry this happened to you. However, expect the response of unfortunately there is nothing they can do. However if you do not ask they cannot say yes in circumstances like this.

A long shot?, Most certainly but at least one worth trying IMO.

7 Likes

It really annoys me that back in 2005 stuff like this would have been fixed no problems but now gets lumped into the too hard basket. I was the one who pushed Anchovy to bring it to the forums because in-game there is no help. On Yojamba I didn’t even attempt to do anything for the 10 Hour war because of the 30 second server lag, and would have expected a little more sympathy and help from a GMs for someone who put many, many hours into being one of the server first for the Sceptre chain.

You are treated the same as anyone else not matter what achievement they may have or how much time they have put into the game. Back in 2005, GMs didn’t swap quest rewards either.

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s true actually. The policy really hasn’t changed/evolved that much over the years. They still wouldn’t have been able to swap out an item that you chose, especially back then!

3 Likes

Actually the policy really hasn’t changed that I know of and back in 05 they were hands off with quest rewards to the best of my knowledge.

That said, did your friend put a ticket in to see what if anything were possible for them? As that is the ONLY avenue to go. However, like I said, be prepared for a no. There might be a chance at a yes due to the circumstances, but only due to these specific circumstances, not as a general rule of thumb.

3 Likes

There are very limited times when it can be done. The only way to find out is to file a ticket.

1 Like

He’s submitted ticket but it’s not being resolved just yet - just to be clear he had the right item selected when he clicked complete quest - it was a combination of server lag and initially selecting the wrong item that ended up with him with the wrong item. I think service issues (where the server is lagging to the point of being unplayable) should constitute an exception here.

Again, appealing here has no meaning. Best of luck to you and your friend.

4 Likes