Min/Max Clothadins

You waste a slot on Light?

2 Likes

Yeah. You should actually think about what I’m saying.

When you have both or all 3 of your tanks dual wielding, 12 more dps warriors, and 5 rogues on top of that, it can heal for an absolutely obscene amount.

Far more than I could ever do in cloth spamming FoL.

Overheal for an absolutely obscene amount… and I’d love to see a single fight where you can justify an seldom heal proc for less than a completely untalented, ungeared, HoT.

LOL No.

2 Likes

No it’s not seldom.

I cannot show you because the way the system works is that it attributes JoL heals as self healing.

But it is not SELDOM. Especially not for dual-wielders.

Have you ever played melee vs. something with that judgement on it?

You may call it overhealing if you wish.

We roll with on average 2 fewer healers than the standard raid comp. Because of me.

I AM a healer. I just don’t do it in a way that you like.

Vael and Firemaw, not much else but it’s really good on those fights. Might be okay on Viscidus and slow Huhu kills too.

You can, like this:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CD9hzkcWrAy3TZXm#fight=5&type=healing&ability=20343

Your Judgement of Light did 455.5 HPS on Vael.

Idk, seems like you had 10 healers on Vael and later in that BWL you ended up with 12 healers. That’s more than standard I do believe.

1 Like

Imagine if there was a talent like that.

3/3
When wearing all plate armor, you gain a bonus to healing and damage from spells and abilities based on 1/2/3% of your current total armor.

That would be 150 -200 free spellpower, depending on if you wore a shield too.

Shame they didn’t think of this 15 years ago.

Nah, it’s a good thing they knew better than that. There should be trade offs. Sacrificing some of your defensive capabilities for increased throughput is a core concept in any RPG.

You shouldn’t expect to get both.

3 Likes

Except your point was that you aren’t sacrificing defensive capabilities using cloth. So it’s not a trade off.

This will chance in Naxx. Paladins can go back to being proud plate wearing healers.

Imagine thinking using healer gear is hardcore minmaxing

5 Likes

Aww, IDK.

Every piece of armor I have has intellect and +healing… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Hey thank you Del. I didn’t know there was actually a way to track that. I appreciate you showing me.

Why’d you just show Vael, though?

To show that it’s very powerful on that particular fight.

Outside of raid, full T2 with Mageblade and Skullflame for some endurance has been my vanity/WB collection set. I also originally tossed the robe for 3 set judgement as i was the tank group paladin and was a bit nervous hugging the tank for Dev Aura, although I’ve gotten more confident of avoiding cleaves while juggling keeping within range that even if the tank moves they won’t move out of cleanse/aura range.

On the flipside, Full bis isn’t even really that necessary, there is still so much overhealing going on even with furyprot dual wielding tanks. most of the time

1 Like

You can still link a log where you think JoL did a lot of work as you can look at type of healing by Spell ID and it’ll show everyone who got that proc, same way you can look at Thorns damage and such despite it coming from a Druid and not the Tank it was given to.

Getting a heal proc when you’re at full health is by definition, overhealing.

LOL no.

LOL no.

Vael makes zero sense when healing is free and the incoming damage is slow and steady, allowing a Healer who isn’t on the Tank to idly throw on heal on you. I wouldn’t rework a team around it, especially when the goal of that fight is to drop him before your first Tank gets Burning Adrenaline and it eats up a debuff slot.

Firemaw makes slightly more sense, but again you’re trading a debuff slot when healers are already idle as can be and the stacks dramatically overtake the RNG proc.

But the other end of it is that its healing for 61 roughly once a sec on the fastest DWers. Assuming you maintained that kind of RNG, a Rogue would get about 600 healing between Visc bolts, which is not even half the damage. That Rogue would still need some kind of direct heal, and even a low rank of Rejuvenation is going to cover far more ground than that, let alone any direct heals.

Looking again at the Vael log, Seal of Light would have put Glaive at the top of the Paladins (effectively creating 6 healing Paladins), but below the 4 Priests and 1 Druid. The other Paladins are all spamming FoL (but one), and just dumping it all into the Tank, whether full or not. So like you said, it really isn’t reducing the number of active Healers in the slightest (11 is ridiculous for BWL), and folks are still taking time to hard cast Flash Heal, Rejuvenation, etc on the melee. I can see JoL being useful on a sufficiently fast clear of Vael, but then again, a sufficiently fast clear of Vael can also just mean popping a single Fire Protection Potion and calling it good.

2 Likes

People get different things out of the game and so play differently.

I use maces because I like them and it means less competition for the other people who actually care about their parses, win win. Same reason I was fine with being last prio on tier 2.5 and have passed on Gom Jabber, but was first on the tentacle off C’Thun.

I can tell you I have more fun getting a random mace stun proc on a mob In AQ or BWL than I did the entire time I was swords. Can’t wait for all of those stunable mobs in Naxx with my servo arms.

End of the day all that matters is killing the boss. If people want to do more than that? It’s fine, if people don’t what to? It’s fine. Play how you want to play and it shouldn’t be a problem to find someone else who agrees.

Hell my Druid sometimes has to heal and I refuse to wear anything other than full tier 2 for my healing set.

Plate is better. Less likely to randomly die.

1 Like

…to what?

Gear itemization has to be the single worst thing about Classic. The fact that Paladins are wearing cloth is just craziness. Paladins are an old RPG class that have always been recognized for their heavy plate and sword/shields. I wouldn’t even consider the ones in Classic to be Paladins if Blizzard hadn’t told me so.

I guess there just wasn’t much thought put into min/maxing by developers, but Fury Warriors wearing leather, tanks dual wielding, Paladins in cloth, Warriors rocking Aged Core Leather Gloves and daggers just for weapon skill when Edgemaster’s are out of range. The gearing is without a doubt the biggest flaw in the early days of WoW.

The trade offs give agency to players in Classic to choose what suits them for their playstyle and content they are in. This is a good point that you’ve raised, imo, and something I prefer about Classic over retail.

1 Like

Pretty much any physical class in pvp.