Mind controlled out of WSG

This is an exploit to more easily win a pvp match and should be patched.

It’s a simple fix, put a gate on the portal that only the respective faction can open (no key or cast time required)

This means they can’t force you out of the instance unless an ally of yours opens the gate for them, and then in turn you can report your ally for;

1. Intentionally trying to lose the match for your team.
  2. Greifing

It would be a minimal change.

2 Likes

That’s not as intended. They even moved the portal away from the graveyard to prevent players from accidentally leaving. They later removed it completely. Clearly they never intended for players to MC others into a deserter debuff. How was that in any way intended when they went to the trouble of making changes to prevent it???

Never played either of those games. You clearly think you know far more than you do. If gambling were allowed I’d be winning money off you in a couple of weeks when this is patched.

For what it’s worth, I think this exploit is hilarious. I’m just not deluded enough to see it as anything but an exploit. This is on par with that DK Death Grip bug that enabled them to send players to the center of the earth by gripping them from the shore onto the boat as the boat was leaving. Lots of players were banned for thinking they were using their ability as intended in spite of common sense indicating the opposite.

1 Like

An exploit is very different from a creative use of gameplay mechanics.

And yet here it is now in all its glory. Evidently Blizzard disagrees with you.

Yea that didn’t happen.

No tank/raid ambitious enough to get world buffs is going to let everyone walk there one by one…

World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.9.3 (2006-02-07)

Battlegrounds

• The default graveyards in Alterac Valley for each side were moved further up the tunnels away from the battlegroud exit. This should prevent accidentally leaving the battleground.

Clearly they didn’t intend for players to accidentally leave the battleground, even in Vanilla. Oversight is not the same as intent. Like I said, expect a patch for this soon.

3 Likes

Then why were players banned for attempting to death grip players onto boats when they were creatively using gameplay mechanics? An exploit is generally a creative use of game mechanics. Here’s the blue post explaining exploits (with emphasis on the relevant portion of the quote):

This is bannable. Please don’t do it. And report anyone doing it.

3 Likes

So you work for Blizzard?

1. Its Deathgrip not lifegrip… You know because theyre… death…knights…
  2. No one was banned and literally thousand of people tried it after all the enews sites started posting about it
  3. Its still waaaay different than what is happening here. It punished your own faction and would effectively force people to hearthstone or stay trapped on the Alterac “boat.”

Worse case Blizz hotfixes it and if they deem it banworthy they will warn people first.

TLDR. MC/Fear to your hearts content

A lack of action =l= blizzard deeming this acceptable behavior.

If this was the case they never would have changed it in retail when it became more popular to do (you think the AV changes for preventing “accidentally leaving” was from people doing it themselves? No this was becoming more popular of a strategy then and if why they changed it)

I expect a change some time soon to prevent this.

1 Like

Then all that QQ on the forums about being banned for it was all imagined?

I know this might be a shock to you, but people on the internet lie.

1 Like

Yeah, but Blizzard even went out of their way to post this when they acknowledged the bug:

While these repercussions may seem harsh, we feel very strongly that this type of abuse has no place within Azeroth due to its negative effect on other players or the service itself.
Abuse of Game Mechanics

The distinction between exploiting bugs and abusing game mechanics is a fine one. While bug exploitation involves the abuse of what is essentially a programming mistake, the abuse of game mechanics is the act of taking advantage of the limitations of the World of Warcraft game systems. Since the line between the sanctioned use and the abuse of game mechanics is sometimes unclear, we prefer to educate players before taking any action against the account being used. This category includes using/distributing game mechanics in a manner unintended by their design that:

• Damages another character, their gameplay, the service itself and/or its economy

If a player is found to have abused/distributed such game mechanics, he/she may:

• Be given a verbal warning
  • Subsequent related offenses will result in temporary suspension from the game
1 Like

Bro there is nothing to be done by blizzard GM’s

It’s just funny

It’s not permanent it’s a 15 min deserter lol

It’s fair game can’t even MC them out…It’s fear or coil mostly

I view this as no different then priests using MC to force player off the Lumber Mill cliff in AB. Yeah it sucks, but is it something that you go whine to a GM about? Hell no!

1 Like

Do not fix this immediately. This is hilarious.

2 Likes

The AB jump doesn’t remove people from the game itself. That isn’t an exploit.

Forcing people out of a match is.

There is a big difference between usign an ability to kill someone and using an ability to make them wait in que again just to play the game mode they want again.

One forces them out of the match, one makes them have to Rez. Big difference in the effects

2 Likes

Actually, that is exactly the point. Blizzard is well aware of this issue, as you kindly pointed out. Yet they made a conscientious decision with the release of Classic to leave this use of gameplay mechanics inside the game. And yes, it definitely is conscientious, because they intentionally removed other gameplay mechanics which were a part of Vanilla that they consider exploits (such as walljumping).

Really? But it’s effectively an instant-kill button with no easy counter (according to your proponents) that removes a person temporarily from the game and thereby restricts their ability to earn honour. Better patch it.

All you are proving is Allen Brack right: you thought you did, but you don’t. Seriously, go play Retail if you are unhappy with Classic’s MC mechanics.

I never asked for no changes, I was for fixing exploits like this and based on recent blue posts they are fixing it.

And a temporary death is 30 seconds, the removed from the game mode is 15 minutes at the absolute minimum while it is usually much longer for horde players.

Even if we assume it’s just the 15 minutes that is 30 times longer of a wait than death by falling causes. This exploit enters the realm of intentionally greifing.

1 Like