Mind controlled out of WSG

Yeah, with an MC cap on my Druid. I didn’t level a Priest until well into Wrath.

Maybe they brought doughnuts

Typical bully type moves. Folks are fine with exploits (“clever use of mechanics”) until they’re hurt by them.

1 Like

You’ve never seen the youtube clip of a raid taking a mind-controlled Tauren to kneel in front of Magni in Ironforge?

If it results in a win, it’s a legitimate PVP tactic. If it was done without personal gain you could argue that it’s griefing.

I finally saw this happen the other day in classic while on my druid.

I rooted my MC’d teammate (warlock iirc) as he was going up the ramp to portal, I went bear and stunned the priest, team rezzed and killed him.

Creative problems have creative solutions. Frost nova, roots, stun, gouge, etc all work on an MC’d teammate in an emergency if the priest is left to free cast because your shaman forgot they have a ranged interrupt or something

1 Like

Blizzard nerfed this is vanilla, because it’s harassment. Plain and simple.

Report and move along, there is no reason not to and if it is fine then there’s nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Could you point out this vanilla nerf? Why isn’t it in Classic?

Classic has a very competitive ranking system that pushes players to be cut throat. It’s in the players right to win by using the tools at their disposal.

Report away, it’s not going to change your loss. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

1 Like

Oh really? When? Which patch? Have a note about this?

1 Like

I believe it was part of 1.7 or 1.8, I’m looking for the offical patch notes.

There’s ccompetition and there’s harrassment, OP can let Blizz sort it out.

This hasn’t impacted me, from vanilla till now. So it certainly isn’t going to change any of my loses.

For someone it does impact, it also won’t change that loss, but may bring this to Blizzards attention. Having the Spirit Healer in the AV cave provide Honorless debuff wasn’t even ever a patch in vanilla, yet here we are. And denying someone from playing in the BG is a more scumbag move than GY camping them.

I’m looking through the patch notes while my query is running, hold tight.

The guy above you literally just asked, itll take a minute.

My first attempt at this resulted in me somehow throwing myself into the lava instead because I either started walking forward too quickly or someone hit the guy with a dot or something, breaking the MC the moment it connected. I felt pretty good about myself after that one…

omg :rofl:

Until it’s done to you repeatedly. And worse, if you’re queue times aren’t instant and you have to wait 3 different WSG queues to face a non-premade to actually have a decent game.

1 Like

Well… I mean that’s just how it goes sometimes.

1 Like

The AV hotfix wasn’t in result of farming honor, they were doing it to grief.

There’s a huge difference.

This is probably the worst answer that will occur in this thread.

So basically, the situation is fine because in theory there might be someone who can proactively realize what is going on, and stop it.

Gotcha.

Or, it’s fine because in theory, the shammy has ES off CD cause he didn’t happen to interrupt any other major cast going off so he should be able to interrupt MC. Thus, forcing him to think, geez, I’m near the portal, I better save my MC cause I may get sent out and get deserter.

GTFO with this nonsense.

1 Like

it was like that back in the day
no changes

1 Like

That is far from the worst answer. That poster offered you a solution for your team that’s entirely within your control.

It would be foolish to disregard such advice.

It’s in their control to make sure a team-mate is nearby who can prevent this from happening and knows what to do quick enough before he can type out what to do?

WAT.