Mind controlled out of WSG

No!

this was the soul reason I leveled a priest alt to do just this.

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget sending a main tank with all their lovely world buffs to swim in the lava on raid night in BRD.

1 Like

its only level 42 atm ā€¦I havenā€™t even begun to think of all the fun and imaginative ways of using Mind control yet

1 Like

It isnā€™t harassing, though. It is trolling, certainly, and probably annoying as hell to be on the receiving end, but it isnā€™t harassing. This is no different than sending people into fatigue water to drown, running someone into the lava to lose all their world buffs before raid night, or making them attack the guards in Gadgetzan. Theyā€™re all good, clean fun, as far as PvP is concerned.

Perhaps not, Blizzard can sort it out when the person is reported.

There is no queue or debuff for these activities. These are also all wPvP, not an instanced game someone is forced removed from.

Like Iā€™ll say for the last time, report and move on.

You can continue to defend the behavior of losers if youā€™d like :woman_shrugging:

Blizzard agreed as well, for the record.

4 Likes

and its exactly bad reports like this that good reports get buried under and why the dont look in to bots and stuff faster.

1 Like

Thatā€¦is kinda dumb. neat trick, but the person(s) are donkey butts at the end of the day because of it. Thatā€™s like me swatting the MC guy for laughs.

From my understanding and based upon exploitation of RCR by PreMades this is an automated system.

That is not how automated systems work.

inb4 dev change because this is infact griefing and preventing players from actually playing the game.

4 Likes

ok well I will put it this way then, its bad reports like that on why they felt they had to implemented the RcR rather then have humans do it because they get flooded by so many stupid reports

1 Like

It was hilarious up to the deserter buff. Deserter buff feels real bad when you didnā€™t afk or anything to earn it.

2 Likes

And considering the new 15 minute queue, this behavior just removed them from the game for the next 30 minutes.

Those who do so and defend it are really the type that ruin the community.

3 Likes

Because I am a kind and giving soul, hereā€™s a starter kit, to get those creative juices flowing:

• Make tanks swim in BRM lava on raid night.
  • Make people attack guards in goblin towns, making them take durability damage as well as rep hits.
  • Make people attack civilians.
  • Take them on a trip to your nearest capitol.
  • Make them try and pull all of the Scarlet Crusaders in EPL.
  • Make them solo pull dragons.
  • Make them do nothing but /dance. For as long as you can.
  • Make them lay down and drown in shallow water.
  • Make them play with Kazzak.
  • Make them use anything with a long cooldown, or heavy resource cost.
  • Make a warlock summon and dismiss their pet until theyā€™re out of soul shards.
  • Make a class that uses guns/bows shoot until they run out of ammunition.

These are just a few suggestions.

4 Likes

This is a false correlation. GMs were scaled out for numerous reasons. Automated systems such as this are predominately implemented for cost saving and rapid penalization of abusers by community moderation.

GMs were not primarily scaled out because of RcR.

Sounds like ya got rekt.

yeah thats what I said so many dumb reports paying a human to sift through them all cost to muchā€¦

=/=

The volume of reports being monitored by GMs isnā€™t the main or only detractor from ROI; you have no means to accurately validate ā€˜too many reports lead to removal of GMs.ā€™

In previous semi-automated systems, additional GMs would have been added to support the influx of report volume. However, companies on the whole have moved to predominately (if not fully) automated systems to remove entry level CS positions.

When you call a company and speak with an automated system to navigate to your needs, it isnā€™t simply because there were too many calls. Itā€™s for system optimization to redirect NOI to alternative channels.

On top of all of that, it doesnā€™t matter. There are not GMā€™s currently, for whatever reason, and the automated system is not strained by someone reporting incidents Blizzard considers harassment such as this.

Therefore, report and move on.

How long does mind control last? Itā€™s like 2 seconds between shots and my level 11 hunter hasā€¦ 200x8=1600 bullets. And how many times could a warlock summon/dismiss a whatchum before they run out of soul shards?

And if you make them attack something and they die, they lose the buffs and some durability. Not sure how many goblins they could kill in goblin town before they die, but not sure MC lasts long enough for them to get bloodsail admiral or anythingā€¦ And I imagine raiders would be smart enough to not drink their flasks until after they get into the instance away from pvpā€™ers?

Any of that come with a 30 minute deserter debuff followed by another queue time for the player to resume what they were doing, followed by the risk of someone MCā€™ing them back into another deserter debuff and queue?

It all sucks, but seems like chump change repaire/resource bill and annoying walk from the cemetary compared to the big time lost from being forced out of a battleground.

1 Like

you dont lose flask on death ā€¦the one good thing about flask is it is there for 2 hours no matter how many times you die. he was saying to do it so they lose world buffs.