Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

i get pretty tired of people name calling when having a discussion. ffs lol.

i never said its just a wow problem.

I agree completely!

Shard individual bonuses still work. It’s just the set bonus that doesn’t work, just like the tooltip has always said it wouldn’t.

I mean, some of us just run folks through legacy stuff for free…

Who’s getting angry ?

I mean, it’s hard to believe you’d actually not realise how ridiculous your argument sounds.

Seems you’re angry at Mike and now at me more than anything.

Because it makes no sense.

Your line of thought goes : “Mike disliked the shard system. Mike sells Boosts, ergo, Mike wants more systems like the Shard systems”.

It’s just utterly ridiculous.

Dude…

DUDE…

1 Like

I do that too and it’s definitely fun. I’m just saying that it’s easy to understand why people sell boosts and I don’t think there is really anything wrong with PvE boosting.

1 Like

I feel the problem is less the boosting, and more the in-game environment that promotes boosting: no tutorial, peer pressure to rush through content as fast as possible to anybody new to the game learning, majority of guilds being dead from neglect, unfun leveling, etc.

We should be less focused on the symptoms of the bad gameplay and more on the root cause itself: the bad gameplay.

Yeah there are a lot of factors that have contributed to the current state of the game.

The rush, rush, rush mentality is a problem and we could dissect that all day. Mythic timers have helped create that mentality but I think the overall issue is how bad the gearing system is. There is so much RNG and so many systems involved with gearing that people want to just get in and get out of content as quick as possible so they can collect their loot and move on to the next thing. Obviously this is terrible for new players and not being able to keep up will likely result in them running into some toxic behavior from the people around them.

Guilds being dead kinda ties into everything. A tutorial was never a huge necessity because you could always find an active guild that had people that would help you learn. Being in those guilds would also keep you from having to pug a lot of content early on which is also a huge deal.

At the end of the day the game is just less fun. If the game was fun people wouldn’t want to rush through things so fast, guilds would be active and full, and new players wouldn’t get discouraged so quickly or feel inclined to buy boosts. The state of the game right now I feel is too competitive and focuses way too much on gearing.

2 Likes

Excellent news!

Hearing that we won’t have to go back to SoD and farm shards for a 1% DPS boost over the gear from the new raid is great to read. This was a catastrophe when they had us using lower ilvl benthic gear for eternal palace and it’s a relief to see the lesson has been learned here.

I was having second thoughts about levelling alts for 9.2 in case I’d have to go back to SoD to optimize them. Glad I can put doubts about that to rest.

I’m glad he at least plays the game.

I don’t think that is what the guy posting meant at all. He meant that the person in charge not only supports but actively participates in boosting.

If he actually played the game, he would understand that people would be upset by them disabling the raid gear abilities within the same xpac.

But then, since he is a booster salesman, it actually works to his advantage if people have a more difficult time in new content doesn’t it? :thinking: :rofl:

AKA :

I’m actually happy about it in a way. It was a dumb system to begin with, never should have seen the light of day.

No, it doesn’t. It actually changes nothing for no one. Him, you or me.

You realise without his shards he’s going to have a harder time in the content too right ?

Or did that not cross your mind at all ?

It seems you guys are so angry at high level players, you’re not even thinking rationally anymore.

Yes and no. If it affects the game too much, then it’s a poison which plagues the game. And it does on several levels as you know. Boosting is fine when it’s an asset but not a core principle which dominates the gameplay loop too much, too often and is seeing as a casual practice to earn gold, gear or reputation as a good player.

Mike has gone ON RECORD saying he is NOT apart of the decision making process for WoW’s development. He said vary clearly that Ion is in charge and that WoW’s dev team managers are the ones who along with Ion are the ones who are steering that ship. If Mike as the top exec at Blizzard started telling them what to do with WoW that would be what we call ‘Micro Managing’ He has a lot of other things under his direct per-view that he is responsible for.

What Mike should be focused on right now is ABetterABK and looking to support the hundreds of game developers that the company has taken advantage of for years and years.

Actually I’m not angry at high level players at all, and I really don’t care if they sell boosts. I was just pointing out that the big boss at Blizzard actively participates in boosting so it is to his advantage if the lower end players have to jump on the boosting train. Or did you not think about the fact that his yearly bonus is tied into revenue increases?

It’s possible that it would have been difficult to balance. They may have interacted in a way that made certain set bonuses more powerful with one or two shards. That might have forced players who didn’t have the shards to continue clearing content from previous tiers, which is something that is generally disliked by the community.

Don’t bother. There was a quote from the female head when she quit where she explained that Ybarra does not even had a meeting with the team yet. He is part of the system who enjoys the broken cycle because he either does not understand the damage or simply does not care because people are buying gold which brings in the money.

You know all that talk about Toxic Community?

This is it in a nutshell. You’ve latched onto one single concept about someone, something you don’t like, and you’ve dismissed everything else about them.

You don’t have an issue that bothers you. You are hating on people for something totally within the bounds of the game and you’re being just be sour and immature about it.

I think you need to get over it.

There’s 1 of each color shard that is a % increase to damage. You can stack all 3 right now for quite a substantial bump. Some people might want to wear some T27 mythic items to fit those % increased damage. There’s 1 that gives 1.5% for the whole fight, one that gives 3% while you have 50% more health than the target, so kinda like a soft execute, and one that gives 3% for 20 seconds every time you damage a new target. If they remained active I bet there would be some pretty deep theorycraft and minmaxing on how to utilize these in T28. Maybe not necessarily a terrible thing at its core, but also people are sick of them and they are annoying to farm and operate even when the content is current.

Imagine a situation where an RWF team is theorycrafting their T28 comp and several people need to change role on short notice, and their simcraft says their BiS for week 1 includes like 200 stygian embers that gotta be farmed. Would be real annoying, disabling shards just let them gear up the same with M+ gear, since mythic raid and M+ gear is otherwise quite similar. Or just the general annoyance of getting that nice T28 drop and wondering if this is better than my T27 with shard. They really just want people to put on their T28 as they get it without thinking about it. Simple, clean experience.

To be fair, the dislike is reasonable. If someone pollutes the planet purposely, will you have enough empathy to like the as well? No, I don’t think so.

The problem with boosting is that it’s a disease which got too much power. I don’t know if you’re a booster but I just do dungeons with my family of 3 to 4 people - but I can see the absolute negative impact it has when I open the party finder. Boosting is acceptable in a limited form but not when it is the to-go experience.

1 Like