Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

Stay mad that you can’t play at his level.

But his Shards won’t remain enabled, so that makes about as much sense as a Parka in sweltering Miami heat.

I can’t help but think your irrationality comes from a position of anger and/or envy.

Yes dude, it’s a big conspiracy, we all receive a personal check from Blizzard each time we sell a boost, since it helps with token sales. You should see the nice Christmas cards we got from Mike himself this year thanking us for their record profits.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Let’s keep things in perspective, to start with. Carries are not killing this game. Design choices like Covenants and Korthia are killing this game.

On top of this, none of us know how many players purchase carries and we certainly have no measure of the impact of that practice. We also know it’s entirely within the bounds of the game. So at this point it’s just a forum boogeyman that GD invokes to get sympathy.

We also, in the one quote we got, don’t know if he was selling paid carries, or helping guildmates gear up their newly leveled alts. I carry friends all the time for free because that’s what we do in our guild. Should we be punished and ostracized too?

1 Like

Every of the the current design choices are hostile towards the regular player base. And while I do get the thrill behind making a quick buck and financing WoW through gold and having always enough resources to enjoy the game, it will ultimately destroy the game.

Two year agos nobody believed that the faction imbalance was this bad that people will leave the game or switches sides - and now we are all aware of it. Boosting is another issue which contributes to the overall problem WoW has.

It’s great for you if you can do this but it will come the day where the consequences will be evident - and then it’s either too late to change it or you simply don’t care because you will move on to the next game.

2 Likes

Look man. Don’t like it, move on.

Also, nothing states mike didn’t like the shard system. Wtf are you even talking about lol.

Go ahead and respond. I’m not going to reply.

Who was?

One of the worst systems they’ve done, and the competition for that status is very high.

I think it’s a reasonable concern, for sure. But what we don’t actually know is how prevalent it is and what impact it has. On top of that, we are denouncing one guy, who doesn’t make design choices, as the killer of WoW.

Let’s ignore thousands of terrible choices and decisions that got us into this mess. Let’s ignore the writing that is driving lore nerds and casuals alike to turn up their noses in disgust.

Let’s just blame all our problems on gold sales and Mike Ybarra.

The tweet in the OP does. Dude. Get over yourself.

It’s always the crowd that screams the loudest about the community being toxic that sets up these witch hunts too.

3 Likes

Two sides of the same coin.

The “Horde bias”-group screamed also the loudest and were proven right with Ion Hazzikostas confirming not once but twice during the last BlizzConline what we all knew: Something went wrong.

This here is just the prelude you will see coming when more people leave the game.

1 Like

It’s not news, though, the tooltip has said this since the beginning.

Did anyone here actually play 9.1 besides me? I’m starting to wonder.

Could you show us on the tooltip where it says the shards won’t work in 9.2 content ?

Or besides you, none of us are confusing the actual shards with the shard bonus from Dom gear in the Maw/Torghast.

The socket bonuses don’t work but the shards still do. You want fully upgraded DPS shards to be doing optimum performance in M+, even though, for some reason, they decided they didn’t want you benefitting from the sockets.

The individual shard bonuses still work in 9.2.

Right here:

The individual shards still work in 9.2. Zereth Mortis, for example.

So the Icy Veins post is fake news?

Well if they haven’t done it yet, we’ll have to see. I can tell you that right now, individual shard bonuses absolutely work in Zereth Mortis. Set bonuses do not. If they actually change that, c’est la vie.

The set bonuses will still work in SoD raid , the Maw and Torghast . Just not in dungeons, pvp and 9.2 content,

People selling the boost aren’t the problem .

People looking to be boosted are .

Sellers are just fulfilling a service that is in demand by other players.

That’s the not Shard tooltip nor is it the topic.

Didn’t read the link did you ?

Let me help you real quick :