Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

Apparently , he was not a fan of shards of domination . good signs .

5 Likes

I’m not seeing where he wasn’t a fan?

Side note: he’s a try hard booster so, no, he won’t fix wow.

69 Likes

I’m not sure that’s the conclusion I would draw from that tweet.

4 Likes

There’s been a lot of positive feedback about this decision… and I can’t make sense of it.

The three slots that hold Dom Sockets are the same ones that will have the Set Bonuses. So… you don’t NEED to deactivate Domination Sockets, because no one is going to keep using them anyway in place of Set Pieces.

The support for this change makes no sense.

“YAY!! Thank goodness you’re turning off something that we WEREN’T GOING TO USE ANYWAY.”

Like… what am I missing?

13 Likes

Mike has said he fully supports what Ion is doing. Do you?

3 Likes

tryhard or casuals , we play the same game and we have to do the same boring chores , majority of ‘’ try harder ‘’ did not like shards , korthia grind

1 Like

Ya’ll act like boosters are bad people like you wouldn’t do the same thing if you could.

Oh someone wants to pay me absurd amounts of gold to run them through content that’s easy for me? Sure thing.

Boosting wouldn’t be a thing if there weren’t tons of players willing to pay for it.

7 Likes

making wow great again. one mythic carry at a time :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

17 Likes

Why do folks keep talking about Mike Ybarra as if he’s the game director of WoW? He’s not the guy making decisions for the WoW team.

5 Likes

I thought that was always how this was supposed to work … meaning, it was always going to go away when SoD ceased to be current content. Did I miss something? Is this news?

1 Like

Set Pieces won’t be any different.

When I was raiding CN, I could acquire ANY similar iLevel piece of gear because “stats is stats.” Even if I didn’t raid, I could still keep myself "current’ because if I did M+ and kept my iLevel up to pace, I was fine.

This WAS NOT TRUE for SoD, as you HAD to have Domination sockets and gems to be current. These didn’t come from M+, ONLY from the Raid. So to be “raid-ready”, you HAD to raid.

This will again carry over into the final raid, because if you don’t have Set Pieces, you’re screwed.

EDIT: someone mentioned later this isn’t true-- you can get Set Pieces from all aspects of play in the game. If this is true, I admit I’m wrong, you can ignore the rest of this argument–

Pushing M+ might get you an iLevel to brag about, but you won’t have a Set Bonus, which means you’re gimped.

And people so far have been PRAISING all these anouncements as some sort of great progress for the game.

Again… I don’t get it. This is a step BACKWARDS from CN.

I don’t care about boosters. It’s the fact that mentality is in charge of the game. It just increases the likelihood the game will be designed to increase token sales. The likelihood the game will only develop power related grind with walls in place to increase boosting.

15 Likes

So because he runs boosts that automatically defines his entire personality and dictates what decisions he’s going to make in the future regarding the game? Kinda crazy but okay

I use try hards to just pinpoint the type of player he is. He does 25 keys. He’s probably not interested in non power related stuff for the game. Which is needed.

6 Likes

Because we wouldn’t.

The entire PREMISE of the game should be: Let’s play together!

Not: Let’s play together… whoa whoa whoa… let’s see that pocketbook.

The former makes a great game. The latter makes the cesspool we currently have to live with. When you open the group finder and there aren’t groups of people playing the game, but just an endless list of 4x4 groups abusing the dynamics that were put in place to make the game fun.

And it’s gone on so long we now have a culture that DEFENDS IT. Pretends “meh, nothing is wrong.”

18 Likes

Blizzard announced tier set will be obtainable in every content m+, pvp , raids and not only raid

It’s not crazy. It’s the most logical assumption.

Which is all it is. An assumption.

1 Like

I hope that’s right and it’s not like a “set piece for PvP” but rather they are all the same set pieces.

I edited my previous post to reflect my error (I’m assuming you’re right, having a PvP set pieces and PvE set pieces doesn’t seem probably).

1 Like

The correct answer. I had hopes for him but he really doesn’t know what WoW needs, he is too caught up in the hamster wheel.

10 Likes

yep we will see how it work on the PTR , but loots etc are still not up , maybe next week