Mike Ybarra will make WOW great again

just a question , how do boosting affect you in the game , i mean yes trade chat are horrible but what else

He sold carries before he was responsible for making the company money.

You’re assuming conspiracy where there’s a much simpler explanation : he’s simply a high level player.

No its not. Boosting destroys the integrity of the game. Guns aren’t bad, bad people are bad. Destroying the integrity “because you can” makes you a bad person and leader.

1 Like

Yea, except he doesn’t make decisions for the game. He’s the president of blizzard, he has a hell of a lot more on his plate than designing anything in world of Warcraft…especially when there’s already somebody filling that position.

How does boosting destroy the integrity of the game? Also how would you even stop it? It’s players running other players through content for in game currency.

I’ll agree that PvP boosting is bad because people are gaining an unfair advantage in a player versus player competitive environment.

PvE boosting doesn’t have any negative effects on anyone though which is what Mike Ybarra is doing. Someone getting a PvE boost has zero effect on your whatsoever.

I raided from Wrath till Legion and my last couple guilds sold carries. I hated it because having less DPS means fights take longer and I just want to clear as fast as possible and then go do something else. I don’t want to sit in raids longer than I have to and then after the raid is over I have to sit and wait for the RL to hand out gold to everyone :sob:

#trash, three thumbs down

If I ever started raiding again I would avoid any guilds that sold carries.

That said, I don’t care if people sell boosts as long as I don’t have to do it :laughing:

If it didn’t people wouldn’t feel obligated to do it. I am sorry you really can’t see the bigger picture here and its really not worth explaining to you. You have some horrible hot takes on a lot of issues brought forth on these forums, best of luck.

The topic was about mike making the game better. I went along with the topic and gave my opinion on the matter.

And that’s his focus. Which top end players will just grind through the nonsense systems. Until proven otherwise, I’m going to assume he is just another person at blizzard on board with putting arbitrary systems in the game to extend player time metrics and push out the majority of the playerbase.

It’s all about his focus in game and what he finds fun. I expect that to skew his decision making, if any, for the direction of the game.

It’s like if I took over a company, I’m going to change things in a way I see fit. That depends on my personal preferences. His preference is high end myhtic plus and boosting. I don’t think it’s far fetched to say he won’t have a hand it pushing the game more towards that direction.

I don’t care about boosting. In the slightest. Doesn’t bother me.

I just expect a booster that is in charge of blizzard to, in some form or fashion, push the game towards more boosting and token sales to buy those boosts.

It’s an assumption. We will see in time.

You realise that most top end players completely dislike the systems right ?

You talk as if top end players actually like grinding this stuff out. I guess that’s where your misconception comes from.

1 Like

I was about to rebut your post about Ion until I looked at his rio.

Wow.

Occasionally getting paid a bit of gold to do what’s effectively a chill alt run to cover expenses is hardly tryhard.

2 Likes
non issue for us plebs non raiders

Why do people try to put down guilds who sell carries? This has existed since Vanilla as a way for progression guilds to make gold to prepare for the next tier of content.

1 Like

Until they fire Ion I don’t see WoW getting better. IMO the dev team lacks raw talent and skill. I used to blame other reasons, but after this long it’s the terrible direction and available talent.

they do it anyway, dont they? if a booster that clearly does the grind to push high keys is in charge, then i can imagine he would have zero problem with increasing the requirements so that token sales increase. he is in charge of making the company money.

its like this: i play a couple hours a day. grinding stuff out is a pain. some of it is more difficult for me because im not a mythic 25 player.

on the other hand, mike over there finds all of the chores easy. he may hate it, but its easy. he also sees dollar signs because he knows players wont want to do it so they will buy a token for boosts.

thats my thought process. dont get me wrong. im hoping he makes balance a priority. he may like metas, but hopefully not.

im hoping he removes alot of the grindy systems.

im hoping he moves the company towards more subs instead of more tokens.

time will tell.

1 Like

What’s your point? Yeah there are some people that wouldn’t do it, agreed. So what? It’s an efficient and lucrative way to make gold for high skill players.

And ?

Dude, I’m trying to be polite, but it’s getting harder.

You’re sounding more and more ridiculous with each post.

HIGH END PLAYERS DISLIKE THESE SYSTEMS. I don’t know how else to put it to you, but you seem super convinced otherwise. You sound grossly misinformed and you’re judging a guy based on your completely false assumptions.

Yes. That’s all he does. For the entire company. He doesn’t make decisions for WoW.